Sears - Sears replacement windows

Posted on Friday, February 9th, 2007 at 3:41pm CST by a8f9c125

Product: Replacement

Company: Sears

Category: Building, Construction

Never trust Sears...is what I've learned. Ten years ago, I paid over $11,000 to have 11 windows replaced..I paid over $1,000 per window, because I trusted Sears and liked the fact that they were supposedly guaranteed for life. Now, after one has imploded, and another one is fogged up so badly you can't see out of it, I thought, no problem, they are after all guaranteed...well, I faxed a copy of the original contract twice to them, and have spent hours on the phone with them, and get nothing but the run-around...they will not honor their guarantee, and I am left with the only alternative to go out and hire a lawyer to try to make them do so. Oh how I now wish I'd not trusted Sears, and instead bought premium windows from any other company at half the price.

9ffc1254, 2008-06-27, 09:22AM CDT

LIFETIME LIMITED GUARANTEE IS JUST WHAT IT SAYS. IF THEY DIDNT EXPLAIN IT TO YOU OR YOU DIDNT INSIST ON READING IT WORD FOR WORD AND HAVE THEM CLARIFY IT SHAME ON YOU.ONLY OTHER POINT I WILL MAKE IS SEARS IS ARETAILER AND MAKES NOTHING. THEIR WINDOWS ARE SOLD BY A THIRD PARTY THAT PAYS SEARS FOR THE USE OF THEIR NAME FOR PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU.

93d79b64, 2009-01-31, 12:40PM CST

Sears windows are not sold by third party, they are sold and installed by Sears Holdings Employees. The windows are manufactured by a third party according to Sears specifacations that can be only used for one of three Sears Weatherbeater windows series.

93d79b64, 2009-01-31, 12:50PM CST

Sears windows are not sold by a third party, they are sold by Sears HOLDINGS Employees. The Windows are manufactured by a third party which is alway disclosed, they are manufactured to Sears specifacations and are to be only used on one of three series, with Sears Weatherbeater name.