Toyota Camry 2007

Posted on Wednesday, February 7th, 2007 at 6:52pm CST by f92b74db

Company: Toyota Camry 2007

Buyer Beware: I purchased a 2007 Camry in Dec. 2006. When I took it on the test drive, there as a lot of wind noise coming through the windshield. I told the salesperson about the wind noise, and he said the continue with the transaction, and to bring the car back to the dealership to repair the problem. I had no reason for concern because I bought a 2002 Camry LE from the same person.

After 2 weeks at the dealership, I was told that "It is a design flaw " and there is no way to correct the problem. If you look at the windshield from the outside of the car, it is missing the sealer strip around the window. Toyota put the sealer strip inside of the windshield.

This created a lot of noise.

I had them drive my 2002 Camry, and it was very quiet. After 1 month, the dealership decided to let me return the car for a full refund.

I drove the Camry 2007 Hybrid, and Camry made in Japan. They all have the noise/design flaw.

Maybe Toyota will change the design back to the previous models because I love my Camry 2002 and am disappointed in the design.

A Unhappy/Happy Toyota Lover

f168d615, 2007-12-21, 06:16PM CST

I have never been more disappointed by a Toyota product. After a test drive, I was left horrified by the lack of build quality/design in the interior and exterior of the car. Did Toyota think that they could trick consumers into believing that the 2007/2008 model is REALLY a Toyota product?

Here are some of the glaring faults in the 2007 Camry:

- Trunk hinges are not recessed (they used to not intrude into the trunk space on 2003-2006 models)

- The dash has awful gaps between the upper and lower sections. Many owners are complaining about an annoying plethora of rattles and squeaks after a few kilometers. This brings us to the question: what other components in the Camry are poorly assembled (eg. engine drivetrain, side impact airbags installation etc.)

- Why does the hybrid Camry have such a lousy position for the cooling vent for the battery in the trunk (behind the seats)? Look at the first generation of the Prius and one can see that the split folding rear-seats can be accessed for the ENTIRE 60/40 region of the rear seats. Couldn't the vent be rerouted off to the far left area of the trunk (under the right trunk hinge instead)

- There is actually LESS soundproofing ability in the materials they use. True, the wheelwells are lined with asphalt sheets, but they transmit far too much sound with not enough sound deadening material where it should be.

- The 2009 Toyota Corolla has an executive use of materials. What makes Toyota think that the Camry justifies the use of non-soft touch cabin plastics at its price point? My 1995 and 2003 Camrys have soft touch materials, and they cost LESS than the new Camry.

- Have you ever noticed the gap between the headlights and the hood for the claimed "easier to place fingers under when opening the hood" statement. It looks awful, and needs something to bridge that gap in the 2008 updates that Toyota needs to act on ASAP.

These are only a few faults that I have noticed. If you are a recent owner of a 2007 Camry and would like to get Toyota to do something about their overly apparent cost cutting, please continue to file complaints at www.complaints.com! We need to speak up against this criminal act of Toyota shortchanging its loyal customers!

80705387, 2008-01-30, 04:03PM CST

I own a small auto glass company and I service the local Toyota dealership. Since the body style change of the Camry and Corolla in 2001/02 the moulding they use around the windshield can make a loud humming or squeeling noise at certain speeds. I have removed then re-installed, with a new OEM Toyota moulding, numerous windshields only to have the same problem. It turns out the factory windshield mouldings are too flexible, which causes the flap part of the moulding to vibrate at higher speeds. After multiple attempts to remedy this with no success I decided to try an aftermarket moulding. It worked! The aftermarket moulding is a more rigid plastic material and isn't affected at any speed. Toyota also has a problem with gaps in the windshield adhesive at the bottom and sometimes the top causing a wind noise. The only correct way to fix this is to remove and re-install the windshield. "NEVER RE-SEAL"!

78d3cee5, 2008-11-25, 09:58PM CST

I own a 2007 Camry and so does my mother. Neither of us have problems with the windshield or other design flaws. Nothing rattles. Just a nice smooth ride like all the other Camry's we have owned.

a8a878b8, 2008-12-24, 08:49AM CST

I own a 2007 Camry SE V6. Knowing that Toyota is known for its quality and long lasting engine I purchase this vehicle. But, I am very disappointed in the ride quality. There are all kinds of squeaking and rattling noises, which is very annoying. Frankly, this may be my last Toyota, I am thinking about going back with HONDA!!!

6ea8580c, 2009-01-31, 07:30AM CST

I have a 2007 Camry LE. I am having a problem with windshield glare and streaking. No matter how many times I clean the windshield and replace the wiper blades, the windshield seems to have a film on it that streaks and glares in wet conditions. I even had my car detailed hoping they would have some kind of cleaner to make it better. It's still there. I have a problem with night driving and the glare from other headlights. The problem with the windshield only makes it worse. Is anyone else having this problem?

b2de65a2, 2012-04-20, 02:31PM CDT

We own a 2009 Camry Hybrid 'limited'. $35k. There is the most annoying squeak coming from the rear deck.The noise is so loud that it is hard to carry on a conversation. I have resorted to putting wood shims in between the section's seams.The dealer cannot fix the problem. This will be our last Toyota, despite the Consumer Reports ratings.

mike w., 2012-11-24, 02:38PM CST

my 2007 toyota LE , the outer seal around the windshield is melting and AFTER A CAR WASH I HAVE TO WHIPE OFF BLACK GOO THAT COMES OUT OF THE EDGES OF THE WINDSHIELD, I WAS TOLD NOT TO WORRY THAT IT ALSO HAS A INNER SEAL, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BLACK GOO, IT IS LIKE THE SEALANT NEVER HARDENED, WHATS WITH THAT ???

Robert Allyn L., 2012-11-26, 09:25AM CST

To Mike W.

I work in the automotive industry.

From your description it sounds as if your windshield has been replaced and glued into place with the wrong stuff, the wrong stuff is called butyl.

Please take you vehicle to a reputable brand name glass shop and ask them to check. Explain why.

This is important!!

Your vehicle may be much less safe than intended because of this!