Discover Card Consumer Abuse(Please keep my email confidential)

Posted on Sunday, February 4th, 2007 at 10:09am CST by bb5d3c0c

Company: Discover Card Consumer Abuse(Please keep my email confidential)

Complaint Concerning Consumer Abuse by Discover Card

I too have had the experience of being harassed by arrogant and abusive Discover Card personnel -

particularly people from their so-called "Fraud Prevention" department, who regularly harass

card holders via telephone using the phony guise of "unusual account activity" for the purpose of gathering additional private and highly confidential identification on cardholders.

The Discover Card people are clearly the nastiest most arrogant credit card people I have ever encountered -

and I have had dozens of creditors over many many years. The Discover card people refuse to identify themselves and therefore are free to abuse consumers via telephone "at whim" however they choose without fear of consumer recourse or accountability.

Beware it is not enough to pay the Discover Card on time - or to stay within your credit limit - or to have a perfect credit or payment record ! If you have a Discover card, they will harass you "at whim" leaving telephone messages suspending your credit card - all without valid reason or justification. If you complain or ask the reason for the harassment or the kind of so-called "unusual activity" - you are are told its "confidential" until you have disclosed ALL of your private identification information over the phone. If you do permit them to intimidate you and comply with their abusive "interrogation", you will likely find out there really was no valid reason for the harassment except to gather more information about you.

If you complain and ask the name of the Discover Card employee, they will refuse to identify themselves. They will also refuse to let you speak with a supervisor. Again, if you do not comply with disclosing more personal information, they will simply cancel your card - at their whim and without justification.

I am currently experiencing this abuse for the second (and last time) This time, I have refused to tolerate their abuse - and my account has been canceled by them due to my failure to comply. I have not had a lost or stolen Discover Card and I am not nor have I ever been past due on my Discover Card bill, and my current balance in under $200 - and way way below my credit limit. But these abusive people have canceled my account unless and until I submit to their endless information gathering interrogation.

The fact that you respond to their intimidating and threatending telephone messages, which have left at your home is not enough to satisfy them, even if you recite the last 4 digits of your social security number. They will further insist upon you disclosing ALL of your personal private information to them over the telephone - to someone at a telephone number not listed on the Discover statement.

Discover card is absolutely abusive to consumers and needs to be investigated and reprimanded by the

federal government AND every state attorney general in the United States !

The best advice I could give anyone is stay away from Discover Card and their abusive practices and people. This is a nasty and abusive credit card company ! (Even more abusive than AOL)

I will be posting this complaint about Discover Card wherever and however I can in hopes of somehow stimulating consumer boycotts and government investigation.

Ron Shoen

df4dddfd, 2009-01-23, 04:33PM CST

Discover took advantage of me led me to ruins on my credit report with ther get disabled protection.there credit protectoion was a lie when i needed help from i think was fraud from credit card cop. taking mon. out of my bank without my knowlege and then me paying them again and again because no one told me they were takink mon out.there protection plan is a hoax. please remove charges from my duscover account.

6d6b5761, 2009-02-15, 06:48PM CST

Discover card continually posts your paymnent late; although, you mail the payment two weeks before it is due. Then they call every hour to your regular phome line or cell phone even on Saturdays and Sundays. I have learned to hang up on them. I think the government should sanction them or significanlty fine them for abuse practices.

a4e57931, 2009-09-28, 12:12PM CDT

I recently cancelled my card which I have had for over 20 years. My son who has had a card for over 10 years with excellent credit was pre-approved for a house he was trying to buy. Soneone else made a higher offer and he didn't get the house. Discover seeing that he was trying to buy a house, reduced his credit limit from $10,000 to $2,000 and hence his credit score went down, probably ending the chance of securing another loan for a house. After mentioning it to co-workers, I found that every one of them had complaints with Discover. I am an accountant for the fast food industry and deal with high volume credit card sales. I find it no surprise that Discover is the least used credit card of MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express.