Wilderness Presidential Resort Scam

Posted on Saturday, February 24th, 2007 at 9:10pm CST by f495e5a9

Company: Wilderness Presidential Resort Scam

Category: Scam Contests

A couple of months ago, my wife and I decided to fill out a contest form at a local mall. I'm referring to one of those displays where they park a car inside the mall and have a sign announcing that the winner of the drawing can win that car. Anyways, a couple of months later we received a call from someone congratulating us on having won the drawing. The person told us that we should expect to receive a letter in the mail providing us with more information. The letter never arrived, which I now suspect was not coincidental.

About three weeks after that, we received another call from the same people asking us whether or not we were still interested in claiming our prize. They made it hard not to be interested by letting us know that we were guaranteed to win one of three prizes: $25,000 in cash, $30,000 towards the purchase of a new car, or $500 in cash. Who would not be interested? All we had to do was drive down to some place called "Wilderness Presidential Park" in Virginia to claim our reward. We scheduled a time and date for our arrival, rented a car, and headed for our prize.

Once there, we saw that we were not the only "winners." There were plenty of other people who had also driven down that day to claim their reward. We went to the receptionist, who asked for our IDs and our drawing code - to determine which of the three prizes we would win, or so we thought. We were asked to sit down, and then about 15 minutes later, a young man appeared letting us know that we would have to take a brief 90 minute tour of the resort before we could find out what our prize was.

He took us into his car and drove us into the property. While driving us in, he informed us immediately that more than likely we would not win the

$25,000 or the $30,000 toward the purchase of a new car. He said that the odds of that happening were pretty low, and that we would more than likely win the $500 in cash or the 1-year membership to some resort we'd never heard of. That was the first instant I realized that there were in fact four potential grand prizes, not three. Prior to this moment, my wife and I were under the impression that at worst we would win $500 in cash.

Far away from our car, we accompanied this guide who gave us a 2-hour tour of the resort(originally supposed to be 90 minutes remember). This was the ugliest resort I had ever seen. The buildings were from the late

1960s-1970s. They were cramped and had a weird smell. I could not imagine

why anyone would want to spend a weekend there let alone buy a timeshare

there. The guide basically talked to us a like a used car salesman trying to determine what type of people we were. Did we like to drink beer? If so, this was a great place to have parties on weekends. This was private property and no one like the police would bother us. Or were we

serious/mature types? Not to worry, most of the people who spent time there were respectable considerate adults. Often the statements he told us tended to contradict each other. He initially told us that the resort was for poor people who didn't mind staying at a two-star resort. Close to the end, he told us that by becoming members we could ensure year-round access to their five-star accommodations.

At the end of his two-hour tour, we let him know that we were not interested in buying property or a timeshare at their resort. The guide brought in his supervisor to speak to us. He was a very aggressive man who tried to intimidate us into buying into their resort. He told us he didn't understand why we didn't like their resort. Didn't we like taking vacations? Didn't we know that this was a great deal? Didn't we know how lucky we were to have won the drawing? Didn't we know that as winners, we were able to purchase property/timeshare at a special rate ($18-$20,000 for the right to use their mediocre facilities 365 days a year!). The supervisor told us that their offer was valid for one-day only, so it was essential that I sign a contract that same day. I let him know that there was no way I would sign any contract without first reviewing its terms, which might take me a couple of days. That was unacceptable to them, and that was the end of that.

They let us go, but not before asking us to refer friends and family for

them to contact. And our prize, it turned out to be the 1 year membership to another of their unknown resorts. We can now visit this resort, which is located hours away from where we live as many times as we want in the next year without paying. Of course, this membership does not include

accommodations. So if we go to this place, we'll still have to end up

spending money on food and a place to stay. Doesn't sound like much of a

good deal to me.

The bottom line - this whole thing is fishy. Its almost impossible for

anyone to win any of the real prizes. Towards the end of our tour, while our guide was away talking to his supervisor I glanced through one of the sheets of paper he had left on the table. The The sheet revealed the odds of winning the various prizes. The numbers may not be precise, but they are a good approximation of what I saw. Here they are:

$25,000 cash prize - 1 out of 200,000

$30,000 towards the purchase of a new car - 1 out of 200,000

$500 cash - 1 out of 200

1 year membership to resort - 199 out of 200

If you receive a call from "Wilderness Presidential Park" or any of their

other resorts, you might be better off ignoring their call.

038a72ba, 2008-03-10, 05:46PM CDT

Yep I just got a call from the same company. (3-10-08) I definitely agree that it is a very fishy situation. Also they didn't seem to understand where we actually lived. We are from salisbury, Md. They said that their location was an hour south of waldorf as if it was somehow close to us. Fredericksburg is 3.5 hours away from where we live. I agree that this company is one of those timeshare places that tries to strong arm people into buying worthless timeshares.

Thanks for your post

e1cd4cfe, 2008-04-08, 06:32PM CDT

Thanks you so much for posting this! My husband and I made an appointment to go. We were like the least we'd win was 500.00. So we got online to see. And we see your concerns. You wrote it clearly and we went through the same routine...from you did not get the letter in the mail, oh it is ok....let me give you information.

65aaed1b, 2008-04-09, 01:24PM CDT

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you --- We are scheduled to go tomorrow and I have not felt good about it from the start. I have been trying to tell my husband that it did not feel "right". We saw your comment, and you have saved us a wasted day and a lot of aggravation!

d7a86aea, 2008-05-02, 01:37AM CDT

everything sound so weird...anyway, good that u shared ur experience with us.

[email protected]

2e69fb61, 2008-05-20, 06:04PM CDT

Thank you for filing this complaint. Hopefully anyone contacted will at least "search" the name of the place and see a complaint. More power to anyone interested in a timeshare. I find it very deceitful. This happened to us last year on our vacation to

South Carolina. We stopped at what we thought was an official visitors' center. It was actually a cover for a timeshare company. "While your visiting why don't you come for a "45 minute" presentation. In exchange we will gift you(fill in your interests). We thought sure its only 45 minutes of one day. Turned out to be 4 hours, without us showing interest..."free continental breakast" was scrambled eggs, toast, and oj. 3 or 4 managers and supervisors later we were offered a "trial" vacation. Time for our "gifts" Oh wait... too late for Midieval show... only enough time for 9 holes of golf..Way to screw up our last full day. Anyway, had to share that story, just in case someone else can be "spared".

c117b9e5, 2008-05-21, 12:34PM CDT

my sister just called me so excited that she had won she is scheduled to go tomorrow i am so happy you posted this i will let her know thanks

5c5f6fcb, 2008-05-23, 04:51PM CDT

Thanks so much for posting this. We got the same call just yesterday, and we had made an appointment for tomorrow. My husband and I decided to search on line just in case this happened to be a scam, and OMG!!! Right now we are expecting a call from a woman, and we're ready to tell her "HELL NO, WE WONT GO"!!!

Thanks so much!!! Sometimes you might think, wow this just might be our lucky day, but all I can say is don't give in to those thoughts. If its too good to be true, then it probably is.

ad335b8f, 2008-05-28, 08:57PM CDT

Thank you, I too just booked a date to see this resort. I will only go if I am passing through the town anyway. They were pressing me to go during the day when my husband and I had to work.

7bffc29b, 2008-06-04, 10:39AM CDT

I WAS JUST BROWSING THE WEB FOR THE MAP OR LAY OUT OF THE WILDERNESS PRESIDENTIAL RESORT IN VA, AND THIS SITE APPEARED. I READ THE COMMENTS/POSTS, THE FIRST ONE I FEEL BAD FOR GETTING SCAMMED INTO SOMETHING LIKE THAT. BUT OUR FRIENDS HAVE THE ONE YEAR MEMBERSHIP THERE, AS A TRIAL. THEY HAVE BEEN TWICE ALREADY THIS SUMMER. WE ARE ALSO GOING AGAIN WITH THEM JUNE 20-23 OF 2008. I DONT CONSIDER MYSELF POOR but im not rich I WORK 9 HOURS A DAY FIVE DAYS A WEEK AND MY SONS FATHER/FIANCE WORKS 12+ HOURS A DAY AND 5-6 DAYS A WEEK. ITS MAINLY FOR CAMPING AND FAMILY ORIENTED TRIPS, WE HAVE A THREE YEAR OLD WHO ABSOLUTLY LOVED IT THERE...THE POOLS, THE PADDLE BOATS, RUNNING AROUND AND THE VERY FRIENDLY NEIGHBORS WE HAD. WE ORIGINALLY HAD PLANS TO GO TO OCEAN CITY FOR OUR SONS FIRST BEACH TRIP, BUT WE CANCELED TO GO BACK TO W.P.R. BUT WE ALSO WERENT SCAMMED INTO IT EITHER, WE WERE INVITED BY FRIENDS. BUT THIS TIME WE ARE RENTING A 2 STORY CABIN, FULLY EQUIPPED HOPEFULLY ON THE WATER. : )

but everyones entitled to their own opinions.

7901c4fc, 2008-06-11, 07:24PM CDT

This is so strange! Just this past weekend my husband and I went to the resort to "claim our prize" and like all of the other people, we were counting on the least possible prize being the $5oo to goof off with but were granted a membership to the sister resort. We took the tour of the place and we didn't think it was too bad, being as we are traveling military and not too familiar with the area. We are both outdoor enthusiast so we took advantage of the trial membership, but we were disgusted when we learned we would not be taking the $500 prize..deep down we knew better, but we did it anyways and even regreted it for a while, but it's done now. I nearly passed out when they showed us the $14,000+ price of the timeshare. Well, if nothing else it is a lesson learned. I knew there had to be a catch to it somewhere because I never win anything! Thank you for sharing!! At least we won't buy the timeshare after the trial membership!!

7901c4fc, 2008-06-12, 03:45PM CDT

Just this past weekend my husband and I went to the resort, which is about an hour drive from where we live. Like so many other people we were counting on the lowest prize being the $500, but got a 1 year membership to the sister resort of the Wilderness. I felt extremely ticked off when we learned that we got the membership rather than the $500, of course being after the fact that we bought a 1 year trial membership. Thanks to everyone's input this has helped us make our mind up as to whether or not we will actually continue our membership in the future--not happenening. Although we are new to the area we have been trying to locate a nice place for camping and fishing and such, so this will do for now, but we will not be life long members. Thanks to all!! We were saved from making any further mistakes.

c4a71d07, 2008-06-20, 11:04PM CDT

ok well my dad got a call from these people and they said that we won a sweepstakes at mcdonalds and that we were going to win a car,25,000, or a cruise so all i want to know is if all you were saying is really real? please comment back because our appointment is on sunday at 9 a.m.

17b1a167, 2008-06-26, 08:39PM CDT

Just a quick comment to your story. I brought into the resort about 5 years ago. And it wasnt a bad place to hang out with your family and friends. And to be honest, I did have fun when I went. But now to the bad part, the people in the front office and the guards are horses butts. This is what makes this place bad. I myself almost knocked one of the guards completely out. They were totally out of hand for a resort site that I have paid for in full. And you dont have full access of the resort 24/7 as they claim, you only get 90 days per year and thats it. And you are not allowed on the site that you paid for until the next following year, but each Dec. they want that maintenance fee weather you can get on this site or not. There have been many incidents with the guards thinking they were bad asss, but if they are not careful, they are going to run up against the wrong person and someone is going to get hurt. There are a lot of stories that I can tell you that wont believe. But the main things hear is, I dont like to be told what to do on my own property and I do have a deed to the resort. So please dont be stupid, I want to hang myself just for signing up, save your money, you would be better off betting it in Vegas and if you lost every cent, you would still come out a winner. The place is bad news, and bad business. I cannot tell you how piss off I am at this place, I cannot tell you the many run ends I have had in this place. They are liars and cheats.

17b1a167, 2008-06-26, 08:40PM CDT

312522ec, 2008-07-01, 10:59AM CDT

I recieved a call just as you did, i was lurry from the begining. I shared the information with my family they was excited an said go for it . But I'M a very careful person when it comes to scams and trusting any thing. Like judge Judy says if it don't sounds right it's not right. She's my idol and you won't get me. I wanted it to be true. But you filled in the pieces for me. thank you so much. priscilla

c26762b4, 2008-07-02, 02:35PM CDT

That is exactly what happened to me in 2003. They were very aggressive and would not let me see the contract before I agreed to it. I have never been to the property since then and still have to pay the $400 a year maintenance fee.

The fact that they promise you a certain prize then switch it when you arrive could be illegal. The ole bait- n-switch tactic. And to top it all off, you can't even sell the property - you probably couldn't give it away AND I havent missed one single payment and they REFUSE to report my good credit to the credit bureaus.

There is absolutely NOTHING positive about this deal and if anybody is thinking about going to this place should either stay home or take your attorney with you. We need to file a Class Action Lawsuit. To many people are getting victimized by this predatory business practice.

9c10c2ae, 2008-07-03, 05:40PM CDT

Thank you for this!! I literally just got off the phone with someone from this place and knew it had to be too good to be true. I filled out an entry form at this Barbecue Battle thing I went to in DC and knew I was gonna get roped into something -- I knew I'd end up declining whatever 'prize' I ended up with but for a brief moment after the lady called me I thought maybe, just maybe my cynical, skeptic nature would be proven unnecessary. Nope. I'm schedule for a "special" appointment next week to tour the place but I'm now sure that I'll be cancelling that.

Thank you for the warning!

6a40ca24, 2008-07-03, 06:12PM CDT

I entered their "contest" at the DC BBQ Battle.

I was 100% certain that my prize would be connected to some sort of presentation on timeshares or whatever. (The Wyndham people have been calling me all week since I also "won" their contest). And I was right!

As soon as the guy mentioned "Fredricksburg" I said, "Oh, I don't have a car"...if he hadn't hung up on me with a very rude expletive, I would've said "But my friend does have a car and she would love to come" (Yes, I have a friend who, for some reason, enjoys going to these presentations, never buys anything and just walks away with her "prize").

Anyway - this place sounds like a dump, so thank you rude sales guy for hanging up on me and calling me a rude name - you saved me Lord knows how many hours of my precious time :)

16a7c1df, 2008-07-07, 10:27PM CDT

I too enter this at the DC BBQ Battle

We set up to go this saturday, I am so glad I read this, we will not be going, gas is already high to be driving out of our way and then to a timeshare, which I asked several times if this was one and they replied no.

thanks, a million, you saved me about $50 bucks in gas.

903d684f, 2008-07-11, 08:38AM CDT

I got a call about this today for a form I filled out for a drawing at a local mall. I will be calling the mall today to complain about what a scam they are participating in. When I called the 1-800 number they gave me the woman was unbelievably rude. She told me I had to go tour some campground in Fredericksburg, which is 4 hours away from where I live, and that the only days to go were Monday and Thursday. When I said "I work on weekdays so I could only go on a weekend" she interjected "I'm sorry, I could have sworn that I was speaking before you decided to interrupt me." Needless to say, I am not calling back in a couple days like they told me to. She also said that the "sweepstakes" (#1 scam word to use in my book) may end without notice at anytime and if I hadn't attended my tour that my prize would be lost. I did one of these demos before to get a prize, and we didn't actually try to claim the prize, but the demo was for pots and pans and came with a free dinner that was actually really good, so at least we got something out of it. In any event, I will not be attending the tour of what sounds like an absolutely disgusting campground, and they can keep their prize that I'm sure would have been terrible at best.

bff68d37, 2008-07-15, 10:09AM CDT

Ok, first - I am not sure why everyone is so SHOCKED by this? This kind of "lead generation tactic" has been going on for over 40 years. Also not sure why some of you got so mad about being contacted after you fill out a slip a paper at a ADVERTISING BOOTH in the Mall or at the BBQ Battle or even Brewfest which they were there as well. I too was contacted but when I filled out the contest slip at Brewfest...my wife and I both knew were going to get phone calls and letters. The car they were giving away at Brewfest was won by someone but the slips clearly said that this was for a raffle onsite to win a car and a chance to win something else from the mother company that was sponsoring the raffle. Nothing was hidden from us. We received a letter and a phone call both saying the same thing as well as telling us the odds of us winning the 25 thousand dollar prize. We knew before we ever went down there that we would probably win the year membership prize because it clearly stated that there was a 99,979 out of 100,000 chance of winning this...

My wife and I are weird and enjoy going to these kind of things. They gave us $50 Gas money and the year membership to the ski resort which we will try to use. I am just so confused as to everyone being so shocked by 'their tactics' so I think everyone should not complain because in the end...no one can 'force' you into buying anything or even to show up. You can't blame a business for trying to pull people in because if that is the case then everything USA is based on is illegal...I do not see anyone yelling a Publishers Clearing House? They do the same thing in hopes of getting you to buy magazines and other crap? Every VA lottery advertisement must be illegal because they are offering a chance to win millions of dollars? granted that is only 1 dollar investment for a ticket. This company promised you that you won 1 out of 4 prizes and you did win one out of the four prizes...sorry it may not be the prize you wanted but hey...it is a advertising contest and it is a contest...not everybody wins the grand prize so 1 out of 100,000 isn't outrageous since lotteries are like 1 out of 17,000,000...whatever. people if you aren't interested then don't listen to them and hang up.

As far as them being rude...guess what it is a big world, some people are rude...

09df9d18, 2008-07-26, 10:26AM CDT

Thank you very much.....I was checking this information out for a drawing for a car...I got the same information that you got and was told the same thing. I was checking them out to see if they were legitimate before I drove there. As a result of reading your situation I will not go there. I believe what you are saying because they told me the exact same things. I will be ignoring their call and approriatly reporting them

f39383ac, 2008-07-29, 09:31AM CDT

Thank You for posting this online. I received a call from a guy on my cell phone at 9:00pm stating that I had won 1 of 4 prizes.The guy told me that I had to call another number to claim my prize, which I did. I really didn't get excited over this because I know most of them are scams but I thought I would at least make the phone call. When I did call the next morning, I was put on hold for 15 minutes and then when the lady came back she told me that I had to come to Fredericksburg to claim my prize. I made the appointment to go there and came right back to my computer to see what I could find out. What I have found out was not good. I am glad that I did not drive the 3 hours to get there. Thanks for all of the good information on this.

6e715c98, 2008-08-09, 09:28PM CDT

Several years ago my (now ex) husband and I fell for the same scheme and went down there. We ended up buying a timeshare there, and it was dumpy. They have recently updated and renovated, and I have to say that my children and I love going there. we are outdoor enthusiasts, and where else can you take 5 children between the ages of 2 1/2 and 11 1/2 on vacation for next to nothing? There is something for everyone, and the grounds are beautiful. We go fishing, boating, swimming... There are playgrounds and sports fields. We love it! I'm sorry you had such a negative experience.

461047fa, 2008-08-26, 09:36PM CDT

FUCK this place! They almost talked me into it. They said I needed 2 forms of I.D. one must be a credit or debit card. Sounds erronious, so i did my research and found out that it was a scam. So I will not follow through with my appointment. How does any honest American sleep well after scamming another hard working citizen who is serving in the U.S. Armed Forces knowing that people of our sort are at poverty level income? Thank you all for posting this companies dirty laundry. Stay free, stay easy!...Dave

48f47e16, 2008-09-09, 06:34PM CDT

I filled mine out at a Tides game. You guys are awesome for posting this. I just (2 seconds ago) got off the phone from these people and because I'm in the Military, they were going to have a volunteer come in especially for me on Saturday. Glad I didn't waste my time....or gas

Should have known better. The only thing I've ever won is a lunchbox in 3rd grade!!

317c8295, 2008-09-14, 11:10PM CDT

Thank you so much for this information.

I filled out such a "win the car" form at Valley View Mall in Roanoke, VA. Last week someone from a Marketing Agency called me at home informing me that I was one of the winners. I was given the award # and an 800 number to call for more details the next morning. When I called the 800 number, I was told about this Wilderness Presidential Resort in Fredericksburg, Virginia and that I could win one of the four prizes others have listed above. Also, I was promised $50 gas money and free lunch for me and my wife. I set up an appointment to visit the place tomorrow (Monday, Sep. 15, 2008). Today (Sunday) a lady from the resort called me just to make sure that I was going tomorrow. It sounded fishy that someone would bother to call me during the weekend and following that phone call I decided to do some more research on line. And here you goThank you so much for this updateyou saved me a pointless 200 miles trip.

5f10c95e, 2008-09-17, 10:15PM CDT

Thanks so much for posting this. While I realize that as a consumer, it is my responsibility to watch my own back when it comes to "sweepstakes" like this, it certainly is helpful to see that the first hit on Google for "Wilderness Presidential" exposes this for what it is -- a scam. I am an attorney and I entered this competition knowing full well that my name, phone, email and home address might be thrown into some company's database, but after I pressed the people on the phone this afternoon for information about my obligations as the winner, the only things I heard from the other end were "$20,000 cash", "a new car" and "$500", with a year-long membership to some resort included IN ADDITION to one of these prizes. There is a big difference between carefully shrouding the actual prize in a little bit of mystery (it's called marketing, folks!) and flat-out telling LIES about what really happens down in Fredericksburg.

You've saved me from wasting a weekend afternoon, so thanks again for spreading the word about these dirtbags!

e9eafe5c, 2008-09-18, 06:58PM CDT

Thank you so much for the info, I had an appointment for Sunday. So not going

f2ab9cbb, 2008-09-24, 06:19PM CDT

WOW HOW ABOUT THAT, MY APPOINTMENT IS OR SHOULD I SAY WAS MON. MORN,9/29/08. YOU JUST SAVED ME AND MY BOYFRIEND FROM A FOUR HOUR DRIVE AND ME FROM LOSING TWO DAYS OF W0RK. GOOD LOOKING OUT.

81525914, 2008-10-09, 08:14PM CDT

Well like many of you we just received a call and set up a time to go next week. For some reason I thought I would check it out online and found all this. These people just need to be stopped. So thanks for posting this you saved me gas by reading this and seeing it is a scam.

6b5bcac3, 2008-10-10, 01:37PM CDT

Well, it's been a few years of paying for our stupidity... we had this scam bite us @ the Annapolis, MD mall.... the car in the mall with a "Win this prize" pitch... same story and all, thought $500 would be our minimum take away, it wasn't. Ended up getting sucked into buying "part of this protected land" and we were promised that it would build our credit (as we were looking to better our credit in order to buy a home in the next few years)... it didn't build our credit at all -that's directly false information they gave to us, a young couple at the time- it just made more bills for us that were completely unnecessary.

And to this day... we've paid, regularly and on time, but get this, they now claim that we're 3 months past due... i have direct withdrawals listed on my banking records from them consistantly since we've agreed to this mess... now they claim we're past due and have multiple fees!?!? I'm glad my bank keeps so many records for me... it's as easy as the PRINT button. I hope that somehow they all get what's coming to them. I'd be up for a class action suit against them any day.

c1cb4bc5, 2008-10-13, 08:02PM CDT

Okay reading the complaint about Wilderness Resort, I am totally Stoked! I live about a mile and a half down the road in a subdivision off of route 3...The Road that resort is located off of. And another thing about this resort, is that my a guy i dated for years...Has been SECURITY GUARD there for about 4 years! other than the fact he cant stand his job there... He has told me how much the owners there are CORRUPT! 5 star vacation spot?? MY ASS! To let everyone know...its like lower than a 1 star Trailer Park!! I've lived down the road from the resort for 17 years..and until my boyfriend got a job there i HAD NO idea that it was a campsite! haha its kind of funny too because i was also told about how most the people there...LIVE THERE! And have lived there since the 1970's!..and pay the fee of $500 or whatever the yearly renew fee is to live..because they are poor or dont want to go and buy a house or rent an apartment and live like everyone else has too. And the owner does not want to kick them out because they have been there for years and EVEN THOUGH ITS AGAINST THE RULES...allows these people to stay. So if anyone were to "vacation" at this resort they would be pretty much staying at a GRUNGY 1 star Trailer park full of ignorant people who pretty much trash the place and allow their kids to do whatever. beleive me...being the girlfriend of a security guard at this resort...IVE HEARD IT ALL!

6aee4f85, 2008-10-24, 09:22AM CDT

thank you very much for letting me know this. i got called last night saying congrats, and telling me to drive two hours away to receive my prize. they even went in so far as to say for going, id receive and extra 50$ to even attending. i being not to savvy about these things was all for it. i was about to head down there till i found your story. so thank you for this, so i wouldn't waste a day to try to find that place.

a new car wouldve been great though. thank you.

354ab7b4, 2008-10-26, 08:41PM CDT

Thank you so much for posting this info . They just called me around 6:30 p.m. to tell me that I have won a chance to pick one of the four prizes when i arrive. Even to some place I've never heard of, Mass-a-nuttin. Thats really weird.And even offered me a vacation trip just to come out there and a gas card I'm so glad I know the truth. It's FAKE!

4e6a0f24, 2008-11-02, 08:08PM CST

Amen to the guy that mentioned that they are not doing anything illegal. I live right down the road from this place, and I've always been curious as to what is back there. If you really want to camp, go to Shenandoah National Park if you want to see Virginia. I love the comments on here about how people were scammed by this timeshare. When you fill out the card, they sell your information...When you get there they want your driver's license and credit card number, to again sell your information and see how much credit you actually have. I'm not surprised to see that so many people are complaining about have to pay for this after signing an agreement to buy something for $10K - $15K ... this explains the mortgage crisis currently and in the end people like me that don't have 4 kids, and wisely borrow money where I can actually afford to do it that have to pay for it.

Wise up people, or you'll have more stories like this to post on the web in the future.

74fd8cc6, 2008-11-10, 01:21PM CST

I own a timeshare to use the cabins and go camping at Wilderness Presidential. IT is worth it if you want to feel like you have free reign to camp and bring your family anytime you want. My family goes camping and it is alot more fun when you know your sorroundings and know the area without having to worry about leaving or paying to come in. The children know thier way around and everyone there is registered at the security booth, including guests. Owners do not have to register and if you want a break from where you live to be at a place where you can get away from the day to day, this is your place. If you do not use the facilities then, yes, the time share would not be worth it. How many of you have a membership to a health club you never use? Same idea. If you do not use the timeshare, your loss.

ecd9ef5f, 2008-11-20, 01:36PM CST

I JUST GOT SCAMMED ON THIS PLACE, PLEASE READ THE PUBLIC OFFERING STATEMENT AND THE PAGE IN THE CONTRACT THAT GIVES YOU SEVEN DAYS WITH THE RIGHT TO CANCEL FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE. IT JUST SAVED ME, MAYBE YOU TOO, IF YOU HAVE NOT GONE PAST THAT WITH YOUR PURCHASE. SO MANY PEOPLE ARE BEING SCAMMED TOO, I RECALL AT THE SEMINAR, SO MANY PEOPLE WERE BUYING THESE THINGS. THANK GOD FOR THE INTERNET.

7d10e7fa, 2008-11-23, 08:38PM CST

First of all to the person claiming that they aren't doing anything wrong...I would not be surprised if YOU yourself were one of their salespeople because what they are doing IS IMMORAL and SICK. They lie to you from the start- you sign up to win a car they don't even mention the other prizes. And don't worry I was NEVER about to buy ANYTHING from them. As a matter of fact I wouldn't have agreed to it if the paid ME. That place was the creepiest, nastiest, trailer park I have ever seen. I literally would not stay their if they paid me. All they do is harass you with a FOUR(no exaggeration I got there at 12:30 left at 4:30) hour NOT 90min tour give you a nasty cold hot dog (my salesperson didn't even eat hers) and hope that by the end you are so unintelligent and fed up with seeing the crap hole that you'll sign their papers. They take you into the back of the woods and to some nasty picnic table and tell you you can get married there (I tried to be nice but not in my WORST nightmare would I be seen there for any celebration let alone my wedding) they don't let you on your cell phone which is another big no no- I mean creepppy! She literally yelled at me for being on it saying it was against "tour rules" I was like is taking 4hrs for a 90min tour against rules? And do NOT dare tell ME as I am suffering through the WORST 4hrs of my life I can't use MY STUFF. I will do whatever I want! It's disgusting and sad and I will do anything and EVERYTHING in my power to take all those creeps trying to scam and con low income, unintelligent people into their load of crap. If anyone wants to start filing a class action suit against them I'll be the first to join!

88039f56, 2008-11-25, 11:39AM CST

This is not a scam! What happened is the resort had a marketing company help them (that was the reward company) and the resort actually couldnt stand them so they quit business with them. What really happens is the marketing company deosnt tell you anything about whats going on and then the resort has to deal with angry people! This is not a scam, it's just not that organized. And the resort now doesnt do business with the reward company any more! So there are o more problems

bed152f4, 2008-12-01, 03:30PM CST

I THINK I JUST GOT SCAMMED !!! IT HAPPENED YESTERDAY...BUT DO I HAVE A RIGHT TO CANCEL THE PURCHASE WITHIN 7 DAYS?

2c744262, 2008-12-15, 10:02AM CST

yeah um they just called me telling me the same story so they obviously do still do business with the awards company.

de50334c, 2008-12-23, 02:51AM CST

i CANT BELIEVE IT, THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED AND I AM SO GLAD THAT I FOUND THIS SITE, I DIRECTLY ASKED THE WOMAN ON THE PHONE IF WE HAD TO TAKE A TOUR, NO, SHE SAID, MY HUSBAND WILL BE DISAPOINTED THAT WE DIDNT WIN ANYTHING!!!!

9179fda0, 2008-12-26, 08:32AM CST

Hi, my husband and I rec'd the same call on Monday 12/22/08 for a tour on Friday 12/26/08. Again, I saw a car in Potomac Mills mall, filled out the entry form and got the above call. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! They told me we would win 25000 towards a car or 20000, a cruise including transportation, 500 visa card or a yr mbrship to a resort. I thought the person who did a rebuttal said that they didn't use the same marketing company... could've fooled me......

We won't waste our time going. We, before reading all of this,planned on going just to get the least of the prizes which we thought would be $500, but I can see that it probably won't happen now knowing the odds. Thanks so much. This company should really be ashamed of itself. BE careful people ... now that all these complaints are known they could change their name and do the same people.. Thank God for the internet...lets keep reporting.

50dd6509, 2009-01-19, 10:49AM CST

My husband & I received the "YOU WON" call last night. The people who called said that they were a marketing firm, auditing the results from the drawing and that we had won one of the 4 grand prizes, the caller gave us a drawing # and intructed us to call a 800# & aske to speak with Maria to find out our prize Then the caller congradulated us "you have at least won $500.00! So, we called the 800#, asked for Maria & gave her our drawing #. Maria then introduced us to Wilderness Presidential Resort!

Maria specifically said that this was NOT a timeshare and that we would have to visit the resort, attend a 30 minute tour in order to claim our prize. They would also give us $50 for the gas.

I immediately searched the internet & found this site. THANK YOU FOR SAVING US ALOT OF GRIEF. WE WILL NOT BE ATTENDING!! And just a quick comment to the guy who said we should have known better because we completed the contest form: We completed the contest form for the drawing of a car not to be called for a timeshare!

68cc0f32, 2009-02-01, 08:00AM CST

Thank you very much. I too received the "golden ticket" call and had the same exact phone conversation as many on this blog. I was hours away from driving there but felt like something was not exactly right about the whole thing. But I googled and found your website. You saved me time, money and gas. If I want to buy a timeshare I would go to florida anyway. Thanks again!!

7b80c14c, 2009-02-17, 09:05PM CST

You know what I just got that same call yesterday with the exact same pitch. Thank you for speaking out on this issue before it can get anybody else. It takes a strong person to speak out on this type of situation/warning to the world. :-)

c4b1ec53, 2009-02-20, 12:34PM CST

THANX !!!! Maybe my luck is about to change. You just saved me and 3 girlfriends a really bad time.

b39c4986, 2009-06-25, 04:08PM CDT

thanx but i found out a little early because i filled out several of the entries for different people in my family but i gave them the same telephone number which was my cell and everytime they called for one of my family members they got me and they told me the same exact story but what they didnt realize is that they offered 10 different people in my family the same prize but is was only suppose to be 4 prizes to win that is false advertising and i wish there was something to do to stop scams like this one

b75a599b, 2009-07-05, 12:52PM CDT

well I recieve that special call also and recieve my letter, but was curious about this place so I google it and I found this web site. These people need to stop shaming people, that is not right.

4d34939a, 2009-07-13, 03:14PM CDT

ok first of all when you all fill out these entry forms it tells you all the odds of what you may win on the back. second of all, (referring to someones comment stating the need credit card numbers) the DO NOT need or want you card number. they do however ask to see a bank ID such as a credit card, check book, or atm card. you are more than welcome to cover any numbers. all they need to see is your name. also, when you schedule to go to the wilderness presidential you recieve a confirmation letter in the mail, AGAIN stating the odds of the rewards you will recieve. and actually somebody won the 20,000 dollars about 2 weeks ago, trust me i would know. so call it a "scam" or whatever but it is you alls fault for not throughly reading the entry form and/or letter. thank you. =)

5c6b20b5, 2009-07-13, 03:20PM CDT

5c6b20b5, 2009-07-13, 03:27PM CDT

f7fb50b6, 2009-07-20, 10:08AM CDT

Thank you so much for this information. I received my call last night. Talk about hard times, my car broke down this weekend...so I got this call and I am thinking,,,Praise the Lord. Money for a new car. But when I actually spoke to the representative and the time frame in which they alloted me to come to the appointment..i said this has to be a scam because offers this good cannot be that limited if you dont have time to consider and actually plan for the time they are expecting you to be there. I thank you all for your comments.

72570940, 2009-08-04, 01:08PM CDT

Hello All,

I would like to add on to the complaints about this so-called "resort" and tell you of my horrible experience there.

It started with me filling out a sweepstakes entry for a car back in July of 2008. Jump to last week of May 11 2009, I get a phone call from a 540 area code to tell me that I'm one of the finalist to receive the car or 500.00 gift card or a 5/4 vacation to a Ski Resort. The woman tells me to call a 1800 # to claim my prize the next day because it would take 24-48hours for the sweepstakes drawings to be updated. I say what the hell, I really don't need any of those things but I'll take it if it's free - so I call the next day and speak to a woman that tells me that I did indeed win. She begins to tell me the details on claiming my reward and it begins to get fishy to me here.

She says that I have to come to a resort and do a 90 minute tour of the facility and then they will provide me with the car, 500 gift card or vacation. I asked well I'm not really interested in any tour but why can't they give away the prize or mail it to me? In which, she begins to ramp about how they need some way to promote their brand new facility and get people to come & that I'd be missing out on the opportunity. She provides me with a long reward number and says that she will send my information in the mail regarding what I won and I can just bring that slip with me to claim the prize. I say ok and unfortunately gave them my real address. I ask about what I'm going to be touring and she tells me that it's a brand new resort with 5 star amenities: (on-site child care, spas / sauna, pools, hiking trails, on a large amount of acres with their private lake.

Now I happen to be fairly new to Virginia, I just relocated from Miami. At the time this seemed nice because I could bring my children while I went on tour and maybe get a mini-facial. Well I was dead wrong!

It's a good thing I left my children at home with their nanny that morning because that place was horrid.

When I arrived, the outward appearance is deceiving, as I thought maybe there was a hidden resort behind all the lush trees. Only to cautiously park my BMW next to a beat up old golf cart with a driver that had filthy clothes on and reeked of cigarettes. The lobby was quiet and a woman greeted me and asked for my ID's & the prize card. I provided them & she returned them and told me someone would be with me shortly. A woman at the time I thought was nice greeted me and said she would be taking me on my tour. She asked me to get in her small Honda and OMG; I thought I was going to pass out from the cigarette smell or the dirty seats & floor. I'm definitely a gracious person so I said nothing to her about it but couldn't imagine the impression she leaves on anyone who enters her vehicle. As she drove me to the back of the place I began to see that there was no resort with any of the amenities, as I was told. This was just one big filthy RV Campsite, with the same features one could find at any public rest stop facility. We stopped at a place they call the Clubhouse, and I'm definitely not dressed for this because I have on 4 inch heels and a skirt to walk on nothing but dirt and gravel. Inside the clubhouse is a 2 story facility where they try to sell you their timeshares and land sites. I graciously sit through the misery of this sales pitch and then I'm lead on a tour of the grounds, getting in/out of the muggy car & then taken into a camper with tiny space, ripped couches, & dirty floors. After this horrid tour, the woman voraciously attempts to sell me on this place & after the 3rd polite NO; had the audacity to get nasty with me & say that Im missing out on spending time with my children. She calls a man over to then do the same poor attempt at selling me by asking how do I want my name on the deed?

Dont fall for this awful scam to get you there as I did & definitely dont buy anything here. They were right about missing out on time with my children because I wasted precious time going to this appalling place. This place is absolutely horrible, the people are rude & not worth a second of anyones precious time.

b2f5c66c, 2009-08-05, 04:39PM CDT

thank you very much..i was supposed to visit this place this sunday but thanks to your story and others along with this website i will not be going..thanks for saving me the time

d6bf85ac, 2009-08-14, 09:08AM CDT

Memorial Day Weekend, went to the mall near te Ballentyne in Charlotte NC, and filled out the form to win the pretty red mustang sitting there by the entry box. My boyfriend filled one out too. Yesterday,August 13, 2009, I got a phone call informing that I was guaranteed to win one of 5 prizes, 25 grand toward a new car, 20 grand in cash, a cruise to the Bahamas, a year's worth of free vacations to the Four Season's Resorts, or a $500 Visa card. In addition to one of these prizes, I was guaranteed to get a trip to Orlando for the family. I was also offered $50 in cash if I came down on a weekday. I told the lady on the phone that we worked and would have to come collect the prize on Saturday. The 'Resort' location is in Fredricksburg, VA, a six-hour drive from my home in Southwest VA. My boyfriend booked us a hotel for Saturday night, and we planned on making the trip.

Then, thank the lord, we looked online and found this site. Needless to say, we will not be making the trip this weekend.Thank you for posting your experiences and saving us a trip and hotel bill.

94faf577, 2009-08-16, 12:08PM CDT

We went to this resort last week. We do camp and found it nice. We did not pay the $14,000 that others paid. It was less than $5000. We do not live far from there. We did have the exact tactics used to get us to buy. I think we are past the 7 days to get out of the contract but we are going to try anyway. We don't need anything bad on our credit as not having payments posted. Don't think this was a good idea.

16ca23b4, 2009-08-27, 03:18PM CDT

We signed up for the drawing at the Warren County Fair. What happend after that sounds EXACTLY like what everyone else has said, so I won't waste your time repeating it. However, what I would like to comment on is the few people who actually side with the company. I completely understand a business trying to attract customers... however there is something called false advertising, and this company CLEARLY crossed the line and flat out LIED to me!!! When I spoke with the first woman who called, I specifically asked if this was affiliated in any way with buying something, or a sales pitch. She said no. Then when I spoke with Maria and heard about the 90 minutes involved to collect my prize; again I specifically asked IS THIS A TIMESHARE SALES PITCH? She said no. So I rephrased my question and asked what specifically will I be DOING for the 90 minutes that I am there? She replied that I would be filling out the necessary paperwork to claim my prize. So yet again I asked at any point in time will I be given the chance to buy ANYTHING? She again said No. THIS IS LYING...thus FALSE ADVERTISING!!! I was very close to driving the 4 hours round trip, but thankfully found this site.

7f238477, 2009-09-01, 01:22PM CDT

Thank you so much! My hubby just called me a few minutes ago so excited about winning a "prize" from Wilderness Presidential. He told me that he even asked if it was a time share that they were trying to get us to drive out to and they said "NO". Liars!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for saving us the hastle of dealing with this scam.

25d51968, 2009-09-18, 04:50PM CDT

Tight asses only offered us 35 dollars for gas lol,thanks so much for the comments you saved us time,gas,and stress

d0b09f3b, 2009-10-12, 11:00AM CDT

My parents did the tour and were able to do a one year membership as a trial. My parents and my family (6 total) just stayed there for 3 nights in one of their one-story log cabins and it was the NICEST place I've ever stayed away from home!!! CLEAN, peaceful, accommodating, spacious, DirecTV & flat screen TVs in every room, ceiling fans in the bedrooms, and large bathrooms! I cannot stress how great this was. It was 15 min. away from Fredericksburg, 40 min. from great shopping at Potomac Mills, and close to D.C.! My only complaint is that we didn't have internet in the cabin, but I probably needed some time away from that anyway! The cabins either have their individual gas grills, or there is a community one that was right in front of our cabin. There were at least 5 or 6 nice play areas for kids, an indoor pool and 2 outdoor pools for summertime.

1604e78d, 2009-10-26, 08:36PM CDT

Me and my wife got the same call, it became even more suspicious when, while they were talking to me and my wife on my phone, they called her phone as well to tell her the same thing. So we looked it up and thankfully we found this site. It saved us a 5 hr round trip.

4e9258d7, 2009-10-28, 12:29PM CDT

Thanks to all who made their comments about the wilderness resort. My husband and I have been going to Roanoke every weekend to see our 1st grandchild in the NICU. We had to go to the mall, we seen the car, put our entry in the box for a Mustang and received the phone call that we had won. The lady told us there were no hidden fees and we would not have to pay anything. As we were making plans to go, and had permission from our bosses to take the day off from work, I was on the internet getting directions to Fredricksbug VA and saw the scam comments. Thank you all, we live at least 3 hours from the Resort and we live month to month just like most people, and we didn't want to get caught up in something that we couldn't get out of.

96653db3, 2009-10-29, 11:08AM CDT

You all are rookies on this, here is my story. Waaaaay back in 1996 my wife and I were contacted about this resort. Now this was really before the internet was a booming business and in everyone homes so, needless to say I didn't have the luxury of being able to reseach them and be fore warned and guess what, they had the same sales tactics back them because we remembered filling out a card and placing it in a box somewhere.

We lived in northern Maryland and decided to pack up the kids in the old Aerostar and make the 3 hour ride to see what this was all about. Well, I wasn't totally sold on the place but my wife liked the option of having a membership to RCI and being able to travel elsewhere. After a couple of hours of seeing the facilities and listening to the sale pitches I wasn't sold and we were walking out (all the while my wife was in my ear about how sold she was on the place and how I didn't want to do anything) the sales rep pulled out of his back pocket (you know where he really pulled it out of) was an option for every-other-year and at half the maintenance fee. So, here we go back in the door and down the steps and at this point I figured that the only way that I would have a peaceful 3 hour ride back to Maryland was to give in and that is how I ended up with a little piece of Wilderness/Presidential Resort.

.....But the story isn't over......

7 years later and having never visited the resort or used any of the other perks the wife and I are now going through a divorce and guess whats up on the block? Yes, the timeshare that I was just so happy to buy. At this point I paid all the marital debt including the timeshare. You know how much I wanted to keep this but thought I would be the better man and offer it to my soon to be ex-wife (that did sound good). She quickly refused that, I guess she was too afraid that I was going to try to get something else out of here in the settlement but leaving me with it to sell and split the difference with her all while I pay the maintenance fees.

Does anyone want to but a timeshare????

96653db3, 2009-10-29, 11:20AM CDT

.....But the story isn't over......

Does anyone want to but a timeshare????

71117e22, 2009-11-17, 01:24AM CST

my wife and i went up there. 4 and 1/2 hours. we kept refusing and then they gave us an offer we couldnt refuse. we pay 100 every 2 weeks until the down payment is paid(800 some bucks). then we can use the resort any day we want 365 days in a row if we want(free). and can stay overnight any 90 days of the year. all pools, rec equipment, parks, lakes free. can camp free with our own equipment. all we do is pay 117 a month until we paid off only 5,000 or so.

we also have free access to the other ski resort. we have to pay small fees for ski lifts and hotels, but the club house, rec equipment, games, pools, etc. is free. so thats two resorts. then we were givin 50 in gas money. a 4 day 3 night vacation to orlando , fl. (hotel paid for only). and another free year of coast to coast hotel, campsite, rental, food discounts. and a free hat.

the only bad thing was that, yes the manager was pushy, but we went in hoping to get him down to 8,000. and we got him down to 5,000. 9,000 dollars lower than the actual price of the deed.

this place is so close to willliamsburg, washington d.c. jamestown, etc. so if you are into that kind of thing, then you can go stay at the resort, then in less than an hour and a half, be at any of those places. this isnt for every one, and, being that i signed the contract, i noticed that you are given 7 days to cancel the contract, so you could go in there to claim the prize, sign up (so they dont hassle you the whole time) then cancel when you get home.

its a nice place with the nicest cabins ive ever seen.

but dont expect to win any prize other than the 500$ card or the free membership to the ski resort, because there are 30 people a day claiming prizes, and our tour guide said that shes seen thousands get the free resort award, around 99 get the 500$ award, and 6 people get the 20,000$ award this year. so thats not even 1 20,000$ award a month out of the 9,000 some people thats been there this year.

oa few last things,1. dont eat the tuna salad.

2. Dont accept the free coffe and donuts.

3. there is a 17.01 annual finance charge. (5000 can quickly turn to 9000 if you dont haggle them down to 2.5% like we did)

4. DO NOT FEED THE SWANS

5. if your tour guide is a male, like ours was, then when he takes you into the homes called "cows", ask him if the fan in the bathroom will pull out smoke. he will say, " you are not allowed to smoke in here." to which you reply. " i dont smoke." he will ask " why'd you ask?" you tell him one of the following:

"the pill dust is really fine" (that will get him to reffer you to an employee that sells pain meds there) -or-

" the peach ciggars are smokey"(this will get him to reffer you to an employee who sells the green."

_or_ " my wife gets gassy"(this will get you 3 free ballons that you will get from the guys trunk at the main lobby. these ballons are laughing gas filled) or if you tell him this last one, he will ask what you are specificly looking for :

" because the fans at our house dont do ANYTHING."

ok, saying those specific codes will let any male employee working there know that you are in on a secret ring that few know about. I learnt the trick ffrom a former employee of the massanutten resort. both of these resorts are big on dope. be sure you start with, do the fans in here pull out smoke.

should you get a female worker, ask her if she knows where you can get some newport mediums in a softpack. if shes in on it, she'll say, out at the meat market. if shes not, she will say at the resort store or something along that nature. there is a lot of new women employees there, so they dont know whats up. so thats whats up. be easy va beach, an all my peeps in the bay area.

7678c1c0, 2009-11-29, 06:47PM CST

What's wrong with you people that think this shady place isn't doing anything wrong? They blatantly lie/deceive people into thinking they've won $500, and have them drive a few hundred miles, only to be duped! If i did show up, and i didn't leave with $500, i would leave with somebody's teeth in my pocket...period. This is a sad, sad place! To have to dupe people into coming to see their resort shows how unethical and desperate they really are. People like this deserve to die alone. Now, let us pray! Amen!

e616b36f, 2009-12-04, 04:52AM CST

I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR REPORTS PLEASE DO SEND ME A PERSONAL EMAIL.TO [[email protected]] am actually a westrn union fraud monitoring Agent.

thanks

ERIC MOORE

+447945741229

8a10fa72, 2009-12-18, 10:59AM CST

Thank you so much for saving me all of that headache, something told me there was something fishy about this resort.

13cd0022, 2010-01-04, 12:06PM CST

Ok, so my husband and I got the same call... because our friends 'sold' our info to the company. One difference---they asked my husband for a credit card number for a "$25 deposit" to hold our spot. As soon as I heard him reading CC numbers over the phone I immediately dashed in to try to stop him, but he really thought it was OK. I'm hoping after reading all this we can cancel the "reservation" and the credit card.

43496297, 2010-01-12, 09:01PM CST

thank you... u save me also the gas and the time of having to make this same trip....

910a6576, 2010-01-25, 09:04PM CST

I recieved this call a few weeks ago and decided to go claim my prizes. I recieved my letter in the mail going back over all of the details. I recieved the 500$ and thought that it was a great experience, I don't know what you all are talking about.

720d60ee, 2010-02-28, 05:25PM CST

My husband filled out 'the card' for a Camaro. He's been having a lot of issues with his current vehical and thought a new car would ease the burden there. He's so gullible. Thank God for Spongebob Squarepants. I told him it wasn't as great as it sounded. Then I found this site. Good luck to those of you who bought one.

a0d9b79f, 2010-03-01, 12:34PM CST

The same thing happened to us in 2005. Except we were just immature, had just got married and were making good money and we fell for all this. We had my siblings down with us in VA and so when we went in to the office to talk about the timeshare, they served us sandwhiches and were "nice" to us. Looking back I really was so gullable and I am still paying for it...well sort if. We couldnt make our payments on time last year and got way behind but normally when this happens people call you a lot and you get papers in the mail telling you if you don't pay they will send it to the debt collectors and yada yada...well the calls were so spontanious and we actually received 2 other customers payment history. I didn't open up someone elses mail just to be precise okay. It had our name and address on the envelope but inside were many papers folded and I assumed it was OUR payment history, but it wasn't. Lo and behold the other customers were way behind too. This company is not professional and to be using the same tactic for this many years and nothing being done about it is SAD. BUT I was on Rip Off Report website and someone posted that they contacted BBB and they said as long as you were paid up on membership fees that you could cancel. Now I am actually going to try getting a hold of BBB again because everytime I have tried to do something I do not get a response. I want to know if this means I have to pay the rest of the whole cost of the timeshare that I owe, or if I just have to be to date on the monthly payments. Everytime we try and call the Resort to ask how we can get out of this, they are rude and just say we can't help you, you have to sell it. If anyone knows anything else that could help people like us get this off of our backs and credit, please post it. Thanks : )

3eb8bf3c, 2010-03-21, 03:05PM CDT

That sounds like what we went through. We were stupid enough to buy into the time share. We were there for hours. My kids stayed in a child care room. I knew by the looks of the sitter and the room I should not have let my kids in there. My son got very sick shortly after our vist. I'm not for sure if that was what made him sick, but I would put good odds on it. He ended up having a liver transplant, because a viral infection attacted his liver.

17f2516d, 2010-04-04, 02:21AM CDT

This resort is definitly not for everyone but for us its just fine. If you like to camp out or fish and do the outdoors activities then you might actually like it. My nieces and nephews love this place. We get one of those nice cabins and bring our own food and just enjoy nature. If you buy the share, you werent ripped off cuz what you see is what you get. It just means you dont or didnt know how to say no. We also got a membership for RCI and Massanutten and that is beautiful. its in the mountains and they have all sorts of indoor/outdoor activites. Just for all who do get the call, they have improved alot since 2001 when i first was introduced to ths place. If you do go or have a share there, get a cabin and bring your family and/or friends and enjoy the outdoors and end it with a great BBQ and camp fire with smores at the end of the night. Like i said its not for everyone.

92778121, 2010-08-11, 09:39AM CDT

I own at Wilderness Resorts and have for over eight years. My timeshare is now paid for. I bought the every other year package and have used it all that time. The resort is a beautiful place and very peaceful. It has over three large lakes with plenty of fish for fishing. You can rent paddle boats or Jon boats to fish in the lakes. I own a two-story log cabin that has two large bedrooms and two baths, one with a jacuzzi. This year we stayed right on the lake. It has a back porch overlooking the lake with two rocking chairs and a grill for outdoor cooking. My children and I enjoy our stay each time. The resort has three pools, one indoor, with a recreational center to play basketball, handball, tennis and the like and organized activities, like water aerobics, which I loved.

Back in 1995 when I filled out one of those cards, they claimed my prize would be a three-night stay to Orlando, if I toured the property, and that's just what I received. We enjoyed our stay in Orlando. The hotel wasn't five stars, but it was a free trip.

Some of the above comments about the property is not true or accurate, so I would say just go and see for yourself. The cabins are in pristine condition and well kept. The grounds are clean and beautiful. They also have upgraded trailers that are very nice. Great peaceful place for camping. The people are respectful and well behaved.

I live an hour from Spotsylvania in Southern Maryland, so our family look forward to this getaway so close to home.

54fa3393, 2010-11-05, 07:54PM CDT

I bought the time share also back in 2005. Unfortunately I never got to use it.. I thought I would be living on the east coast when I bout it but life's changes happened and I ended up in TX which is where I will be staying. Its not bad for someone who likes the outdoors and fishing. But me being over a thousand miles away, I have all that in TX.. anyone in the surrounding area who wants to buy mine for a reduced rate is more that welcome to.

cea6b2a1, 2011-04-21, 12:15AM CDT

I've been visiting WPR for 30 years now and my wife and our 2 children love it. My parents bought into it in the late 70s or early 80's. I love the lakes because they are stocked with Bass and Pike. They have 3 large pools for the kids and they love it... It is a camp site and not a 5 star hotel. We paid only approx $5000 back then to join and now we pay only the dues each year...Great place to get away and spend good times with family and friends. Just my two cents worth

f093438e, 2013-04-03, 04:18PM CDT

I am glad that I took the tour of the Wilderness Presidential and bought into this company. My wife and kids love the place and they go to the pool all summer long. We also have used our Vacation Village Voyages membership and took a trip to the Bahamas for $299 for a week at a beautiful condo on the beach-slept 6!!! The maintenance fees are low and we can travel anywhere in the world for $ 299 a week!! now that's worth the price we paid for our timeshare. We also went to St. John for a week for only $1700 including airfare(for 2)through VVV! Hard sell yes, but worth what we paid for and it's use through the years. Thank you Wilderness Presidential