1st Financial Bank credit card complaint

Posted on Friday, February 16th, 2007 at 1:19pm CST by a564ee00

Company: 1st Financial Bank credit card complaint

My daughter was going off to college, so we thought it would be a good idea to get her a credit card. She applied to 1st Financial Bank and got a card. She had been preached to about credit, and only to use the card for emergencies. The day after Christmas, we went shopping and her wallet was stolen. She called and cancelled her card immediately, and was told there would be a $10.00 charge for a new card which was fine. (Note, she had never used the card.) On Saturday, February 3rd, I recieved a statement in the mail for $10.00. I then looked at the due date and it was February 2. Yes, the statement arrived the day after it was due. I immediately went to the post office and sent out the payment. It was posted to her account on Monday, February 5th. I then recieved the next statement, (funny how this one arrived promptly) with a late fee of $37.00. In what world is this o.k. I will, and have told everyone I know of this unscrupulous company targeting college students. I cancelled the card, they will get their $37.00, but will never get another penny from me or anyone I know. I have talked to 3 friends today alone, who are cancelling their college students cards that I encouraged them to get in the firs place. Hope it was worth it to screw an 18 year old out of her money. Not only did her wallet get stolen, then this company steals from her again. CONSUMERS BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!

Kathleen

fb0fc6ab, 2009-08-07, 02:52PM CDT

same thing happened to me