Ticket liquidators concert tickets scam

Posted on Sunday, February 11th, 2007 at 9:34am CST by fb3b3a73

Company: Ticket liquidators concert tickets scam

Ticket liquidators

27 Terrace Dr

Vernon, CT 06066

Purchased concert tickets and received confirmation. Later receive email tickets not available and would not honor guarantee of equivalent or better tickets at same price. They tried to bait and switch to offer other tickets at significantly higher prices. They did not have tickets they offered and agreed to supply but then they want move money for similar tickets offered later when other tickets are not available and how no option to go to alternate ticket source. Poor practices and poor customer service. Manager said that is the problem with web site and they could not supply same tickets are comparable prices. This sounds like either poor system design to ensure tickets are available and locked in when purchased or a scam to get more money from a customer when they have no other choice on product availability. I have filed a complaint with the Better business bureau. I have not ever had this problem with any other ticket supplier.

The Golden Road to Success !!

_____

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

with the Yahoo! Search movie showtime shortcut.

238d732c, 2007-09-13, 04:50PM CDT

I had similar problem with them. Bought tickets at price, then 3 weeks later they said the promoter had 'pulled the tickets' and no tickets of equal value were available. however, they were offering seats 15 rows higher in the same section for nearly twice the price. i'm guessing demand was higher than expected and they knew they could get more for my seats so they just dropped me and resold the tickets at much higher price. these guys are total scammers. don't buy from them

2501f856, 2008-06-28, 03:53PM CDT

This company is crooked. Seeing as they just sold me a fraudulent ticket for almost $100 and refuse to refund my money, I have started a blog about my experiences with them:

07037afe, 2008-07-14, 10:31PM CDT

To whom it may concern: (If Any)

I had purchased tickets as a direct result of your website on July 13th 2008. I am completely unsatisfied as a first/last time client of your website and service. I was not made fully aware of the FACT that your company doesn't process the transaction of the ticket purchase. The vendor you had placed me with had charged my account 2 separate charges of $474.00 The second transaction had over-drafted my account, I had noticed the morning of the 14th of July. I immediately contacted the seller and I was told that because of his busy schedule during the morning that I would receive a phone call from him in the afternoon and a resolution. After that phone call I had contacted my bank to find the procedure easiest and quickest to resolve this issue. I had left 1 voicemail with the seller attempting to inform him of this procedure hoping it would take place asap. I had then made another phone call to the seller with no response. I then called Ticket Liquidator to hope for a quick and immediate response to my issue. I had felt that the employee that had answered my call was completely unprofessional in her response "Call the Seller". The feeling that I have about your organization is that you have capitalized on an industry and process that allows for zero accountability. In hind sight I should have been over-charged (STUB HUB) instead of doing business with you and having such a lack of customer service and responsibility to the sale. Later that afternoon I had been in contact with the seller hoping to again resolve the duplicate charge of my account. He had wished to speak with my bank, I had to make a conference call because of the security measures my bank takes to protect an account holders privacy. We had fully discussed what action the (seller) had take in order to resolve the inaccurate transaction. I had a business dinner that I had to attend this evening and of course when I came home I first checked my account hoping this had been resolved. It was not. I tried on 2 separate occasions to contact the seller by calling and their had been no answer. After that point I had felt it necessary to again contact ticket liquidators and speak with someone in management. I had talked with a Representative and explained how unprofessional I had felt while dealing with ticket liquidators after which I requested a manager. I was connected to a voicemail (Ann) That just blew me away, I don't understand why I had paid you nearly $70.00 as a service fee. There had been no service that had taken place. I'm in doubt my tickets will even arrive. I looked at your BBB report and I don't believe I'm the only one who has had a problem with your site. If at some point in the day tomorrow I'm not absolutely blown away by the highest level of customer service and appropriate action I will report my experience the BBB the following evening. Again to sum up my experience with Ticket liquidators is one of which I will highly recommend a reputable site such a Stub Hub, however I will make an even further recommendation AGAINST yours.

0457115c, 2008-08-01, 12:12PM CDT

I had just the opposite experience with TicktLiquidators. I orderd tickets and was informed the seats I purchased were no longer available and TicketLiquidators substituted better seats for the same price as the previous ones I ordered. I was very happy with the service and the outcome.

5598888e, 2009-07-16, 12:51PM CDT

I'm not sure I believe some of the commentators here... I'm a big sports junkie and I always use either Ticketmaster or Ticketliquidator for my sporting events. Usually, of course, I try Ticketmaster, because they have lower prices, but, if I don't have any luck, I turn to TicketLiquidator. In my experience, they're professional, have great customer service, and I've always gotten my tickets on time. Now, I don't know what the first person means here about having his order confirmed and them having it cancelled on him. In my experience, Ticketliquidator sends out two emails after you buy tickets. First, you get an immediate email that confirms your order has been SENT TO THE SELLER (waiting for confirmation). Second, you get another e-mail saying that your order has been PROCESSED by the seller (the "Order Confirmation"). So it sounds like the first guy in this posting thought that the first email confirmed his order was all set. Of course he did! Because the ticket seller is only obligated to give the customer better tickets at a reduced price if an order is cancelled AFTER being CONFIRMED. So, essentially, it sounds like our friend here was trying to get cheaper tickets than the ones he was due by wrongly crying "foul." You know, it's fine if you're going to criticize a company, but, if you do, make sure you have a real reason to criticize them and that you're not pulling one from a lower extremity of the human body.

739ca16e, 2009-07-16, 01:18PM CDT

I am writing this in response to the Original Complaint.

I'm sorry about the anger of the customer, but I believe his fury is misplaced. It is indeed a major disappointment and a major violation of trust when ticket sellers cancel an order after accepting it. In that situation, it is the policy of TicketLiquidator that ticket sellers must be able to provide customers with seats equal to or better than the tickets they originally ordered and for no additional fee. Remember, though, that this rule applies ONLY if the seller cancels an order after accepting it (as the customer alleges). However, I believe the customer made a mistake in this regard. To start with, Ticketliquidator sends out two emails after you buy tickets. First, you get an immediate email that confirms your order has been SENT TO THE SELLER (waiting for confirmation). Second, you get another e-mail saying that your order has been PROCESSED by the seller (the Order Confirmation). My guess is that the customer concerned thought that the first e-mail was the Order Confirmation (an all-too-common mistake) and that he was automatically due tickets from the seller. Not so; this rule only applies after the ticket seller has been given time to verify that he can access the tickets concerned and then send an Order Confirmation in response. Therefore, when the customer talks about later having his order rejected, I wager what he actually received was an e-mail from the ticket seller saying that he could not confirm the order to begin with.

As a thriving retail business, TicketLiquidator is very careful to do well by our customers and to observe faithfully our company order policies and procedures.

739ca16e, 2009-07-16, 04:06PM CDT

I am an employee of Ticketliquidator writing in response to the accusation below: "I had similar problem with them. Bought tickets at price, then 3 weeks later they said the promoter had 'pulled the tickets' and no tickets of equal value were available. however, they were offering seats 15 rows higher in the same section for nearly twice the price. i'm guessing demand was higher than expected and they knew they could get more for my seats so they just dropped me and resold the tickets at much higher price. "

That being said, let me explain what likely happened in this case and why the situation was in no way unethical. To begin with, TicketLiquidator does not own the tickets listed for sale on its website. These tickets are owned by thousands of individuals and licensed ticket sellers throughout the country. Our website merely provides a conduit that connects these sellers with consumers. Therefore, the customer concerned purchased tickets from one of these sellers, not us, per se. Later, after the order was confirmed, he was told by the seller that these tickets were pulled from circulation. Occasionally, promoters do indeed choose to reserve venue seats for their friends, family, VIP club members, and so on. In a such way, the tickets promised to the ticket seller by the venue were denied him in a sudden decision by the distributor. While annoying, this situation is hardly the fault of Ticketliquidator or of its sellers.

However, the customer concerned challenges the entire truth of this scenario by saying that tickets for seats 15 rows higher than his original seats were still on sale on our website after he lost his tickets. Perhaps, but, as explained before, that is because those tickets were being sold by different sellers who had different tickets for seats farther back in the venue. Most likely, due to their location, these seats were not pulled out of circulation by the event promoters, who, like anyone else, want the best seats for their friends and thus those closer to the stage.

As a result, I am sorry what happened to the customer, but the situation does not warrant his scam accusation. Thankfully, it is a regrettable rarity when promoters pull tickets from the marketplace. I also fancy that the customer was refunded all his money in accordance with our polices. (One thinks, if he had not been, we all here would have heard about it by now!) But to disparage Ticketliquidator as a result of something out of our control is unfair.

739ca16e, 2009-07-16, 04:10PM CDT

I am an employee of TicketLiquidator writing in response to the Original Complaint: "Purchased concert tickets and received confirmation. Later receive email tickets not available and would not honor guarantee of equivalent or better tickets at same price. They tried to bait and switch to offer other tickets at significantly higher prices."

4dd518d0, 2009-07-23, 09:12AM CDT

Very interesting that the employees of Ticket Liquidators are SO DEFENSIVE. Could it be that they ARE scamming thousands of people? They purchase tickets in bulk from TICKETMASTER (another SCAM) then sell them at a profit to yet another scam artist, who then sells them to the unsuspecting public at an eve HIGHER price. The tickets are now more than double what you would pay at the venue......but you can not BUY them at the venue because the the SCAM ARTISTS have bought them all up. Thanks TICKETMASTER, Ticket Liquidators, or better yet, TICKET SCUM. A SCAM is a SCAM. Scalping is scalping even if it is on the internet and not a parking lot. I don't know HOW you people sleep at night. I will be filing a complaint and contacting my Rep AND Senator. Ticket SCUM, please don't BOTHER to reply......don't you have some tickets to scalp, I mean sell?

739ca16e, 2009-08-03, 11:09AM CDT

I am an employee of TicketLiquidator responding briefly to the reply issued to my two previous comments below: "Very interesting that the employees of Ticket Liquidators are SO DEFENSIVE. Could it be that they ARE scamming thousands of people?"

First, I take issue with the comments that we at TicketLiquidator are being "defensive." We are simply being proactive in addressing the concerns of our customers. I consider that to be an admirable part of a business and not a negative one. Indeed, it would be unethical on our part if we never acknowledged people's commentary and simply dismissed them.

Second, I'm not going to debate the validity of TicketLiquidator or the claim that we are a "scam." We have been in business since 2002 and we are one of the largest secondary market ticket websites in the country. We could hardly have gained this position of prominence by "scamming" people of their money.

But don't take my word for it. Here are a list of objective websites that have reviewed TicketLiquidator. All of them give us good marks and disprove any claim that we are dishonest or disreputable:

735eafaf, 2010-07-12, 09:11PM CDT

I had a horrible experience with Ticketliquidator.com. I ordered 4 tickets through them to a Broadway Musical. They used a company called Husker Nations Seats. The tickets never arrived, and when I tried to invoke the "worry free guarantee" they told me they were not responsible for seller malfesence. There was no guarantee. I asked them about a refund and they told me I had to go through my credit card company. Ticket Liquidators is a buyer beware organization. When it goes good, they're great, but when they go wrong, your on your own.

f44ac613, 2010-12-07, 09:23AM CST

I just recently purchased concert tickets for $233 a piece. then added on about 50-60 for other "crap" they call it service fees! please explain to me how i spent almost $600 TOTAL for these tickets, to recieve them and on the ticket itself says they are only $103 EACH!!!! how can they rip you off 4 HUNDRED DOLLARS like that???? So I call and the lady says "well you should have read the fine print" apparently I should have, i would have seen "we are gonna take you right up the *** with no lube!" on top of this they gave us the wrong seats.. so i said, "well if your going to charge me this outrageous price the least you could do is give me the seats i ORDERED! they were a row over from what we ordered. so the lady says " well if you read the fine print you would have seen that it says if the seats you ordered arent available they will give you seats of equal or better value... then she wanted to argue with me that the seats they gave me were better when in fact they WERENT!!!! now...riddle me this... if i ORDERED specific seats... how would they NOT be available?? please explain this to me? PLEASE DO NOT USE TICKETLIQUIDATOR.COM...i got screwed over..and out of an extra $400....

e80d54c3, 2011-01-14, 03:14PM CST

"TICKET LIQUIDATORS IS LIKE AN ONLINE FLEA MARKET" THEY ARE ABSOLUTE SCAM ARTISTS. I WAS COMPLETELY HOSED BY THEM ON 3 TICKETS TO THE BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. AT 12:38 (FIVE HOURS BEFORE THE GAME) I WAS CONTACTED BY THE SHADIEST PERSON ON EARTH SAYING THAT HE DIDNT HAVE ME TICKETS. TICKET LIQUIDATORS ISNT TAKING RESPONSIBILY FOR THE ACTIONS OF THEIR AGENT (UNIQUE TIXX). I URGE YOU NOT TO BUY TICKETS FROM THESE SCAMMERS. I WILL TELL THE WORKD EVERYDY HOW BAD THEY ARE. THEIR DEFENSE IS THAT "I AM JUST SOME SMALL PERSON THAT CAN'T TAKE THEM DOWN". WELL, WE WILL SEE.

0c442116, 2011-07-01, 11:26AM CDT

I purchased soccer tickets which said 8pm game time and the game was at 6pm. I called their customer service and they said its not their problem. I am out $70+ and they ruined my girlfriend and I's anniversary!

They seem to clearly be all about money and couldnt care less about their customers. They take no responsibility and I will never use them again (recommending my friends dont either).

17419e2a, 2011-07-17, 03:12PM CDT

the same thing just happened to us with ball game tickets. Ticket liqudators is a rip off scam company that pulls bait and switch tricks.

08724c17, 2011-09-27, 04:39PM CDT

I received my Peter Frampton tickets, concert in St. Augustine, Florida for Oct. 7th, 2011, and was SHOCKED to see that each ticket price (on the actual ticket) was really $79.00, but that Ticket Liquidator charged nearly THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS for four tickets (that included a $430.68 scam fee for processing)!!! This smells of ticket scalping. I will be contacting the Attorney General for the State of Florida to investigate the legal propriety of this transaction.

800% MARK UP !!!!!!

17753b4e, 2012-01-18, 02:55PM CST

Hello! I am an employee of TL responding to the customer comments left on this page to try and re-clarify what exactly our website does.

Briefly, we at TL (rather like EBay) are a nationwide network through which registered companies and trusted individuals resell tickets to events. This means that we don't own, price, or ship the tickets you see listed for sale on our website. It's also true that the tickets listed on our exchange are being resold (and thus re-priced) by their respective sellers, usually above face value -- sometimes below. The resultant mark-up is what keeps popular event tickets on the market longer than they'd normally be available for purchase and also allows consumers to access tickets that wouldn't normally be offered for sale to the public. (Many event promoters withhold large numbers of tickets from public sale and instead distribute those tickets (or sell them) to special groups or entities -- like industry insiders, fan clubs, business partners, and so forth. Ticket sellers usually have connections or access to such special tickets and therefore, by selling them online, expand the range of buying possibilities for consumers, so that there's not a single ticket monopoly held by the primary source.)

Having said that, it's also worth pointing out that we try more proactively than any other ticket resale site to inform customers about our status as a secondary ticket exchange and about above-face-value ticket pricing. We explain the face value issue in our Feedback Page, on our Glossary Page, in our FAQ, in our Terms and Policies (highlighted at the very top -- no need to scroll through it), and above every event listing (all 80,000+ of them) in the "Lowdown" area at the top of the page. We hope that consumers will use the information available on our site to be informed and confident in their purchase and get the best deal possible - even if it's not through TL. Our main goal is to give customers the freedom to buy what they want to buy and to give sellers the freedom to sell what they want to sell. We leave buying choices up to consumers and we trust and hope that people will purchase through us after considered and well-researched decision-making. We therefore make key information freely and openly available to any consumer interested in taking the time to read it.

On a final note, it's important to clarify that the true purpose of sites like TL is to create secure marketplaces through which consumers can buy tickets and to serve as an aid and ally of consumers in the ticket order process. We're here to make sure that our customers' orders proceed as planned and we proactively hope to hear from customers about their experiences (sometimes customers don't understand we're separate from their ticket seller and thus never contact us). We also vet all the sellers who list tickets through us and routinely rate them based on customer service and business efficiency - a dedication best represented by our 125% Worry-Free Guarantee.

That being said, if anyone has a problem with an order that is not primarily a pricing issue (as explained above), we kindly request that they email our manager at maxine.davis@ticket[email protected] and she will be happy to provide direct assistance to any customer concerned with his or her purchase.

Al C., 2013-05-13, 07:15AM CDT

I bought almost $800 worth of tickets. Got to the concert. Fake. How embarrassing. 5 hour drive to get there plus a hotel room. I think that becuase the value of thetickets went up after I bought them, Ticket Liquidator simply dicked me out of the seats and sold them to someone else. They promised a "125% refund" which they did not honor. Second promise broken.

cf530c2d, 2014-02-17, 08:43AM CST

monster jam, monster bummer: purchased tickets thursday feb 13 2014, and printed tickets on sat feb15, shows on sunday feb 16. arrive at enterance to find out these tickets where fake or returned or just NO GOOD..well at least i'm not the only 1 that was scammed this week by this company 400 others were also scammed for the same show.. shame on you scammers shame on you.. i truly hope you get found out and punished to the full exstent of the law and then.. some... SHAME ON YOU !!!