FLUIDITY.COM (an exercise system)

Posted on Sunday, February 11th, 2007 at 6:57pm CST by 78bf85e8

Company: FLUIDITY.COM (an exercise system)

WWW.FLUIDITY.COM is the website for the exercise program that is also sold via tv commercials.

There are some serious problems WITH THE DVD (NOT WITH THE EXERCISE SYSTEM ITSELF) that consumers need to be aware of, or injury can ensue:

In one critical exercise, the instructor has us holding the bar with our hands (in many of these exercises, the exercisor leans back while holding onto the bar.) The instructor states that the exercisor should bend the supporting knee (leg.) Then the instructor discusses the other leg, instructing us to lift it behind us while bending the knee. The instructor then immediately says to lean toward the knee. Since the instructor has just been discussing the lifted knee, it is logical to think that that is the knee the instructor means, and so to lean toward that knee (while holding on to the bar in front). HOWEVER, THAT CAN RESULT IN SERIOUS LIGAMENT INJURY TO THE SUPPORTIVE KNEE. IN FACT, IT IS THE SUPPORTIVE KNEE THAT THE EXERCISER MUST LEAN TOWARD!!! BUT THIS IS NOT MADE CLEAR IN EITHER THE VOICE OVER OR IN WHAT WE ARE ABLE TO SEE OF THE FIGURE ON THE SCREEN.

THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE TAPE, THE INSTRUCTOR RACES THROUGH EACH EXERCISE IN AN ALMOST BREATHLESS MANNER. Directions are often not precise enough. And without clicking constantly to pause the remote, the beginining customer will probably find it difficult to comfortably follow the pace.

AND THE "EASY" VERSION THAT BEGINNERS ARE SUPPOSED TO FOLLOW IS OFTEN NOT EVEN ON THE SCREEN! We are often only shown the intermediate version alone.

THIS IS A VERY POORLY ORGANIZED AND PRODUCED DVD THAT SHOULD BE RE-EDITED AND RE-PRODUCED BEFORE CONSUMERS USE IT. HAVING SAID THAT, I SHOULD ALSO MENTION THAT THE SYSTEM ITSELF SEEMS TO BE AN EXCELLENT CONCEPT. It is only the presentation of this particular beginning tape that is not as "user friendly" or perhaps even as safe as consumers have a right to expect.

By the way...it took my supportive knee weeks to heal from the 2 seconds of leaning toward the wrong knee!!! In fact, it is still healing, and I am only hoping that it will eventually heal completely.

And I should also mention that NOWHERE ON THE PRINTED MATERIAL THAT CAME WITH THE SYSTEM, OR EVEN ON THE WEBSITE, COULD I FIND A NUMBER TO CALL FOR SUPPORT , QUESTIONS, OR FEEDBACK!

And that is exactly why I am sending in this caveat. People deserve more support than this when they are embarking on a new major exercise system.

e0f0a6a8, 2007-10-14, 06:43AM CDT

Thanks so much for your input for I was about to order for my daughter but she has two legs which both tibia bones do not line up with the knee cap as a result she had suffered for yrs when young....now that she goes to the gym and works out her knees no longer snaps but she has to build the muscle to prevent the bone on bone as the doctor says..........If I did not read your input , I could have caused her futher damage...........I agree they should have played those back for themselfs and edited there discs better.............hope your knee heals soon and they should have a number for contact ,,,,not a good policy looks like they don't want to stand by their product apparently .............Sincerly ...Barb Sacca

a6481245, 2008-01-20, 09:46AM CST

Thanks so much for this information. I was just about to purchase the program when I stumbled on this website. This sounds more like a warning, than a complaint, but extremely helpful nevertheless. Much appreciated. I will still order, but will beware while learning the moves. Thanks for the heads up.

41cf39eb, 2008-02-10, 07:50AM CST

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS INFO. I JUST ORDERED THIS SYSTEM SPECIFICALLY FOR THE BAR SO I CAN DO MY CALLANETICS EXERCISES.

MANY OF THE EXERCISES IN THE FLUIDITY PROGRAM SEEM TO BE THE SAME, OR NEARLY THE SAME, AS THOSE ON MY "CALLAN PINCKNEY CALLANETICS" TAPES (WHICH ARE ALMOST TOO SLOW PACED, BUT THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE VERY CLEAR AND EASY TO FOLLOW). I'LL HAVE TO WATCH THE FLUIDITY DVD'S AND SEE IF THERE IS ANY COPYWRITE INFRINGEMENT.

SERIOUSLY - IF YOU WANT EXTREMELY WELL PRODUCED EXERCISE TAPES OR DVD'S TO USE WITH THIS EQUIPMENT, I HEARTILY RECOMMEND THE ORIGINAL "CALLAN PINCKNEY CALLANETICS" SERIES. THE RESULTS ARE FANTASTIC!!!

375b08a0, 2008-02-23, 08:51AM CST

In placing my order I noticed there is not only a customer service toll-free # (866-229-9111) and web site ([email protected]) for Mon.- Fri.betweenthe hours of 8AM-5PM Pacific Standard Time. Hope this helps.

ef700f78, 2008-03-27, 11:24AM CDT

I was grateful for the site and the warnings. It helped me prepare for use of the Fluidity bar. Here is how I approached my use of the product: I watched the entire tape twice before attempting use and it helped me, I did not have to pause or stop the DVD during the workout.

Oh my God, I love this thing and the tapes are incredible. I am so glad, I AM SO GLAD THAT I INVESTED IN THIS PIECE OF EQUIPMENT. I had no pain the next day and I use it every day. I LOVE IT AND I RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE.

Thanks

3263d045, 2008-06-05, 12:22PM CDT

They also don't tell you that if you want to return fluidity after the 30 day trial, the shipping is your responsibility, and that it costs more to ship it back than the balance of the cost. ($120 by UPS)

07e27f5a, 2008-05-14, 06:38PM CDT

Thanks for the info., I am thinking about this product and this is a valuable warning. I'm early 40's so things don't heal like they used to. Does anyone know if there is a particular callan pinckney callanetics dvd that's good to use with this piece of equipment? Thanks!

e29022b7, 2008-07-08, 07:36PM CDT

I am also grateful for the warnings posted here.

I also want to suggest that you go to your local craigslist before ordering it directly from Fluidity. I saved $100. I would have ordered sooner but I was put off by that awful advertising technique of saying we can try it for free for 30 days. We all know it isn't true due to the shipping costs in both directions - so why would any reputable company use this deceptive marketing tool?

f8c86f18, 2008-07-14, 06:40PM CDT

My billing was wrong: $9.57 for expedited delivery, which was free; machine price $239.70 although I mentioned the original price of $199.75 and wasn't corrected; and sales tax on the shipping charge. When I called Fluidity I was readily given the original price and credits for the mistakes. Good customer service -- no waiting.

a6777847, 2008-08-16, 10:32AM CDT

I had looked at this site initially to suss out any money-related shenanigans, which are indeed addressed by some who posted here. Of course the most egregious is the return policy, which states, in so many words: "You'll keep it, or you're SCREWED."

The receptionists did mention it, of course, which is at least honest.

But we're more worried about overcharges due to the fact that installments are taken out of our credit card. Hope it's not a bait-and-switch with the money - i.e., you end up paying $450.00 after being told it would cost $389.95.

T

7707622b, 2008-08-19, 02:57PM CDT

Rather than buying equipment and DVDs like this system, why not just get up and go walking and buy some exercise bands from Target or Sport Authority? The bands come with DVDs and instructions. I'm 61, 5'3", 119#, wear a size 2 - I work out at a gym lifting weights and doing cardio but I also use free weights at home and an exercise ball and bands. I didn't spend a ton of money and my gym membership is $15 a month. I lost 3% bodyfat in 12 weeks and added 5# of solid muscle. I look about 45. Stop buying into the claims that you can get a great body in 10 days or 10 min a day by buying some piece of equipment like this. If you really want to look good, accept the fact that you have to commit to exercise and do push-ups, reverse crunches, lunges, use the bands and ball and go bike ride or walk. Save your money for those new clothes you want to buy. You're just making someone else rich off of their claims to quick fix your body.

32f6008d, 2008-10-14, 11:54AM CDT

The reason I did not order while watching the TV infomercial, the other night, is because they NEVER said how much the total cost would be. They kept mentioning the first month and $39.99 after the first month, but I am pretty sure that piece of equipment is more costly than $39.99. Does anyone know the "real" total cost?

6fafcdeb, 2010-06-10, 09:08PM CDT

While searching for the best <a href="http://www.fitclick.com/exercise_program">Exercise Programs</a> you should always take into consideration a program that will fit your lifestyle. I have found this website that helps you plan the best program for you. I hope this helps on your getting fit journey. http://www.fitclick.com/exercise_program

1c966bd7, 2013-08-26, 01:09PM CDT

Can a few people post what the actual price they paid for the Fluidity Bar...

Very curious.

Because I'm pissed right now!

Just got on craigslist and saw one for $125 dollars!!!!