Medco and IBM

Posted on Tuesday, December 4th, 2007 at 10:16am CST by 247cb1c9

Company: Medco and IBM

I'm a retired IBMer. Under IBM's retiree medical plan, I've been getting

prescription medications from Medco for several years. Medco service

is extremely error-prone, in my personal experience, and its internal

information handling is remarkably inefficient. And IBM is virtually

impossible to reach with a specific emailed complaint about Medco.

I believe neither Medco nor IBM wants any written record of dissatisfaction.

Hence, I choose this public forum.

The most recent Medco flub on my account started about 3 weeks ago when I

cancelled a 90-day prescription for Spiriva due to its $372.92 cost, and had

my doctor fax a 30-day prescription. When Medco informed me the 30-day set

was ready to ship, I checked its price, which turned out to be listed as

$340.42.

This clearly was a serious error, so I called Medco to cancel that order, and

explained that their database or perhaps some employee was a bit scrambled.

The Medco rep apologized and said she'd cancel the 30-day order; I said I'd

get

the Spiriva locally.

Last week a Medco rep called me to say the 30-day Spiriva order price had been

corrected. I told her that didn't matter to me, that I no longer trust

Medco at all,

am getting that med locally, and please make sure that 30-day order is

cancelled.

This morning Medco sent me an email announcing that the 30-day Spiriva

order has been received and is ready to ship. Unbelievable! I immediately

called

Medco to cancel that shipment. The rep assured me it would not be shipped.

As I say, this amazing mismanagement instance is just the latest in a

years-long

series. It's clear to me that Medco is very badly operated. Perhaps it's a

company

that grew too fast. Perhaps it's just a company that's 90% hype and puffery.

Whatever the case, I'm gone. But I'll be happy to discuss Medco - and the IBM

benefits department's reaction to emails I sent them - with any interested

party.

Mike Orceyre

COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_8205# (727) 827-1699

1923 Beach Drive SE

St. Petersburg, FL 33705

8cdbb9ec, 2008-09-18, 07:09AM CDT

Work Harrasment @ IBM Singapore ( client Japan Airlines )

Employees are made to work for 12+ hours a day with odd shifts ending @ 1.30 AM / made to work on saturdays/ sundays & national holidays & comp off given for Sunday only. The addl 4+ hrs of work taken everyday & weekends &holidays not considered. All this in a land where rules are clear. See two of the mails from mgmt to employee.Hope some action happens..

1. Attached is the PCO Support schedule that I have prepared. As I have briefed the team last week;

Generally, there will be 3 shifts

0900hr - 2100hr A

1330hr - 0130hr B

1100hr - 2000hr C

As much as possible, we will arrange for longer hours support rather than overnight support. However, there could be exceptional cases that we might have to handle overnight support, or much longer hours as per each shift.

For weekend support, the person will be supporting on A shift, and will take off day on either Monday or Tuesday as planned. I have scheduled some to be available on Saturday, and other on Sunday regardless of the object loading. This will go on rotation.

From the 3 shifts, the hours would overlap with 1 person starting on normal hour (A shift), another person stretching past midnight by coming in later (B shift), and the other person covering the day till evening (C shift).

Please refer to the attachment for your reference, and revert if you have any concerns.

--------------------------------------

Hi

Though we have not received the schedule plan for Delta and Transaction Load, it has been confirmed that we will be running 24 hours for both support. Excluding the part-timers, as they have to report to work in NOL during the day, I would like to request your response on who would volunteer to support night shift, or who have extreme constraints.

Volunteer yourself or nominate someone ? Please revert. If we do not have any volunteer, I will have to schedule.

07fff9f5, 2008-09-18, 07:18AM CDT

Work Harrasment @ IBM Singapore ( client Japan Airlines )

Generally, there will be 3 shifts

0900hr - 2100hr A

1330hr - 0130hr B

1100hr - 2000hr C

--------------------------------------

Hi

d2211390, 2008-10-08, 12:29PM CDT

Are you serious? this is your complaint. You are laffable and so is your complaint. Why don't you go cry about it some more.