District Lines

Company: District Lines

Location: ORLANDO, FL, US

URL: http://www.districtlines.com

Category: Clothing, Shoes, Apparel

We ordered 2 hoodies from this company on Oct. 13, 2007.

We received 2 hoodies from them that were the wrong size 2 months later. Also included was a T-shirt that says: "FUCKIN BOW DOWN" on the back of it. Now I would have no problem if they sent this within the normal shipping time that most companies send clothing (2-4 weeks). The problem is we spent 75.00 to have the wrong order sent to us with a derrogitory t-shirt as well 2 months later! In order to contact this company, you have to email them. there is no phone number for customer service.

I wouldn't have posted here but it's obvious to me that they don't appear to be a very reputable company. We have been told by my child's friends who ordered as well that their order was delayed as well. If you can send a package around the world in a few days, you would assume that a package could be delivered in a few weeks from a company 800 miles away.

The site clearly states (in the FAQ) that they are not responsible for the return shipping on their merchandise. I unfortunately disagree with that. I believe that they are blatantly at fault and should be held responsible for the mixup.

2265135e, 2007-12-19, 10:12AM CST

The Customer Ordered multiple items that were listed on our web site as pre-sale items. We are a third party retailer for the bands directly. All of our items ship when the bands get the products to our warehouse. Items were delayed because of the hoodies he ordered was a pre-order and had an estimated ship date of 4 weeks later under the product description. The second hoodie he ordered was on back order from the band. They had asked us to sell them for them, but because of the holiday season the products were delayed.

The customer never contacted us directly until last night with an email about the incorrect order. We have called him personally and sent him an email offering to fix the problem. We cover the cost of shipping for incorrect orders, we do not cover the cost of shipping for exchanges on the customers part which he misquoted on this site.

We ask that this post be taken down as it reflects incorrect information that is false about our company

4ee56fcb, 2008-12-05, 01:51PM CST

I ordered 2 t-shirts from this company well over a month ago. No T-shirts shipped. "one is backordered", yet my credit card has been charged. Have tried repeatedly to contact them via e-mail and phone. No response. I am disputing my bill with this company. Poor business practices...

bd255bff, 2008-12-26, 10:04PM CST

I am having a problem with this company, as well. I ordered some merchandise on Dec 9, 2008 for a Christmas gift for my 15 y/o daughter. They never arrived, and her Christmas was ruined. Yes, the company sent an order receipt to my email inbox immediately saying that there were pre-sale items in the cart and that my estimated ship date would be 12/11. It also states that orders may take "up to" 14 days to arrive. Their website says that, if there are any problems with the order, I would be contacted. I have not received any correspondence from this company, which makes me wonder if they are running a scam. They have charged my credit card, but I have no merchandise, nor have I gotten a response to two separate emails that I have sent via THEIR website. No phone number appears on their website, however, I will be contacting the FL Secretary of State to gain contact information, and if I do not receive the proper correspondence to my emails in a VERY timely manner, I will contact the FL Attorney General's office, as well. I have read the company's rebuttal to your comments. You have every right to be upset and to have posted what is here on this site.

0f6d9efa, 2009-01-04, 09:39PM CST

I have had the same problem. I placed my order on NOVEMBER FOURTH and still, my order status is "processing." They will not respond to my emails. I ordered SIX shirts, a total of nearly 100 dollars. I still have had no response from them. ONE of the shirts was out of stock but has been in stock for the last month or so. I really would like for them to fix this error because I am a strong supporter of the bands they represent. I truly would love to order from them again if they make this right. If you get any more info on contacting the company, PLEASE contact me in the form of a response here.

22826688, 2009-01-06, 04:18PM CST

Post a phone number for customer service...my daughter purchased a product, was e-mailed it was shipped and still doesn't have it...I WANT A CONTACT PHONE NUMBER...your customer service sucks...scam alert with this company...do not deal with any company that doesn't have a phone number to talk to an actual person...ridiculous...

c8ac2606, 2009-01-12, 10:38PM CST

hello, i also am having problems with this company i ordered 2 shirts for my daughter begining of december and have not received anything they actually told my mother that they shipped on the 11th of december but no merchandise has ever been received. Please if you find a way to contact them other than email i would appreciate it if you could email me and relay the info. my email is [email protected] thank you so much, johnna

a65774e1, 2009-01-22, 12:43PM CST

I as well ordered two shirts, and a hoodie on DECEMBER 17TH AT 12:44 PM. Now..i paid extra for faster shipping as these were supposed to be Christmas presents. The date is now JANUARY 22ND and there is no sign of my order. On the 8th, I e-mailed them, because they of course have no phone numbers, and this is what i received:

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 12:27 PM, District Lines - Support Team <

[email protected]> wrote:

> Amanda,

> Your Black Unforgivable shirt is on backorder, but is expected to arrive

> and ship within a week. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

That was the 8th, Now it is the 22nd and it still has not changed. Now PERHAPS if i were in china, i would understand such a shipping delay. But i live about 200 miles south of Orlando, where the warehouse is located. just now i e-mailed them again asking about my missing order and I received this:

Thank you for contacting District Lines customer support!

As you might expect, we receive a fairly large volume of emails. This reply is sent from our ticket assignment system to indicate your position in the queue has been reserved. Our staff works Monday through Friday during normal business hours in an effort to respond within a reasonable amount of time.

Please be confident that we will respond and resolve your issue in a timely and efficient manner.

You can review the status of your request and add additional comments by following this link http://support.districtlines.com/tickets/12041

So again, they won't even reply to my e-mails anymore and it has been well over a month and i have nothing to show for the $100 that has been taken out of my account. I am NEVER ordering from this company again, and since I paid around $40 for faster shipping I think a major refund is in order. Good Luck to everyone else with the same problem.

49e75a73, 2009-01-28, 11:32AM CST

I placed an order 3 months ago and have received nothing. I am in the USA, my items were NOT pre sale and were listed on the site as IN STOCK.

One month later I did some googling and found this web page. There was only the original complaint from Dec. 2007

It is now 2 months later and still not package and no contact from the company. So I googled again, found this page again and my my my, LOOK HOW THE COMPLAINTS HAVE PILED UP

This business is either going down the tubes or a complete scam. STAY AWAY!

When I contacted customer service I got the same BS someone posted above about a "service ticket" and that was it.

The company has not logged on to their myspace profile since before Thanksgiving.

I'm gonna contact Florida attorney general as well, these guys are crooks.

1e4fe981, 2009-02-07, 10:47AM CST

I also had a problem with an order I placed Dec. 16th. Never made it for christmas. Started sending e-mails and opened tickets over and over. Finally got part of my order Jan. 22nd the missing poster was "IN THE MAIL". Kept opening the numerous closed tickets, more then 20, kept doing so with requests for a phone mumber, someone to call me and that I would be reporting them to the Florida BBB. I received an e-mail ticket again this time telling me my order shipped, no surprise the day I sent the last ticket reply telling me my order shipped and included a tracking number. Hopefully I will finally get my order, the tracking number is good and does show it is at least in my state. Now the question is will it be my order. Hang in there, be persistant, flood their in box.

c5ebe914, 2009-08-01, 03:09PM CDT

I too ordered a hoodie around 3 weeks ago, after about 1 week of not seeing it in the mail I checked my inbox for tracking info only to find out that my hoodie is on "BACKORDER" (Surprise Surprise) even though it was listed as "IN STOCK".

It gave me two options, first:I could purchase other items of equal or less value that WERE in stock. Or second:Wait for my hoodie. What I want is a third option of getting my money back, I would just buy the hoodie at a later time. I sent an email to the company asking a simple question "When will the hoodie be in stock", I never got a response. I would like my money back from this company.

I did not do homework on this company becuase I did not think I had to. This is the first time I came by something like this online, and I am not happy. I will be giving complaints to higher people in getting this scam of a company shut down. District Lines clothing needs to get some customer service on it's side.

FUCK YOU DISTRICT LINES CLOTHING! GIVE ME MY MONEY, OR GIVE ME MY HOODIE!

e1ab57f7, 2009-08-06, 09:43PM CDT

I ordered about five shirts from District Lines for my birthday (March) and they just arrived a week ago. (August) I mean sure, I didn't pay for over night shipping, but that is rediculous!

Also, I live in Georgia. If you aren't aware, that is the state directly above Florida which, once again is the location of the DL warehouse!

53b4e1d4, 2009-08-12, 09:52AM CDT

I ordered a Mitchell Davis shirt about a MONTH ago. I ordered it to wear to a concert two weeks after the order was made, thinking the shipping would take as long as usual online shipping but I STILL haven't gotten my order and the concert is long gone. Now, I hope my order doesn't take up to 2 months or more, like some people and they better not get it wrong or I will be contacting some people. I think that if you take part in district lines, remove yourself because it reflects everyone who's involved even though it's district line's fault.

d1cef3d7, 2009-08-25, 02:59PM CDT

This is their number:

888.429.0666

select 2 for order fulfillment

cancel your order and then just get it from the band, they are just a middle man really...

3d237aca, 2009-09-21, 05:56PM CDT

They are not a third party retailer! In most cases it is a lie they use to tell customers when they are late on printing merchandise for the retailers who have products that are on pre-order.

They probably don't list a phone number so they don't have to deal with all the complaints they receieve!

44ee7c34, 2009-10-27, 03:05PM CDT

To the representative of District Lines who defended their practices: your customer service is an embarrassment and you should be ashamed of yourself.

For all of you looking for a phone number to contact this miserable organization, here you go:

DISTRICT LINES PHONE NUMBER: (888) 429-0666.

Apparently District Lines is a subsidiary of AKT Enterprises, and the number above is for AKT. Simply request to speak to someone at District Lines.

I had to respond to all these complaints and post the number because I, too, had a horrible experience with this company. On 9/17/09 I ordered three t-shirts, two for me and one for my friend's birthday (9/25). I hoped eight days would be enough time to get him his shirt, otherwise I could just give it to him late.

OVER THREE WEEKS LATER, I had heard nothing and my order status still read "Processing" every time I checked. I finally emailed them to learn the status and they informed me the shirt I ordered for my friend was out of stock. I told them to refund the cost of that shirt and send the two others. The next day they promptly wrote back to inform me that the one shirt I really wanted was also sold out, but that they would replace it with a different style. NONE of these shirts were backordered when I placed my order - I can only deduce that they simply sold out to other customers while my ticket sat neglected for the better part of a month. Absolutely pathetic.

After expressing my anger and demanding a full refund in an email, I heard nothing for another two weeks. Finally I called the AKT number I listed above and got through to a representative who said she'd immediately process my refund. I'll believe it when I see it.

I've ordered dozens of band shirts from numerous printers/distributors and these guys are hands down THE WORST. If you can avoid it, don't do business with them; if you already have, call them up and express your inevitable frustration.

I'm going to list the number again here more specifically so hopefully search engines find it efficiently. Then I'm going to report District Lines to the Better Business Bureau and email the band whose merch I tried to buy to recommend they pull their gear from District Lines.

DISTRICT LINES: 888-429-0666

e08d4b8d, 2009-10-27, 03:07PM CDT

DISTRICT LINES PHONE NUMBER: (888) 429-0666.

DISTRICT LINES: 888-429-0666

0978ed64, 2009-12-10, 02:39PM CST

I ordered 2 shirts from this company on Sept. 22, 2009. One of the shirts was in stock, and the other was a pre-order that was to arrive at their warehouse on Oct. 15. October passes by and still no update on the status of my order, it still stated Waiting on Item(s). I emailed the company and asked them where my shirts were because the pre-order date was far passed. They emailed me back saying that the shirt I pre-ordered was now on back-order and they did not know when it would arrive. Well another MONTH passes by and I emailed them again at the end of November, 2 months after I paid for my merch. Once again they gave me the same reply and said that I could replace the back-order shirt with another one in stock if I wanted to. I said NO because I did not want another shirt, I wanted the 2 that I ordered. Well another couple weeks go by and I get an email from them last week stating that the shirt that I ordered that was in stock originally, was NO LONGER in stock! Therefore both my shirts were out of stock/backordered. I wrote them a really nasty email telling them I wanted my money back on both shirts, and surprisingly it worked. They gave me my money back on both. I will NEVER deal with this company EVERY AGAIN!

fd708d06, 2009-12-14, 01:24PM CST

Thank you for posting the phone number! I have also been waiting for an order that was placed for christmas. Called today and found out everything was in and ready except a stupid $8 bracelet that won't be available until Jan 4. They would not ship partial order, so I told them to cancel the whole order. (over $100) They agreed to take off bracelet and ship everything today...hmm, will wait and see.

This is the worst website ever! I ordered stuff from Asiajam is Germany on the same day, and it arrived last week, with free shipping! I recommend MerchNow, GlamourKills or Crystal City clothing to order from in the future.

8fa18330, 2009-12-20, 09:28PM CST

I placed an order with this company on Dec 3, 2009 and promptly got an email stating that they were processing my order. I assumed since I had placed the order early enough my items would come well before christmas. After a week of waiting and checking my order status it became clear that my order wasn't going to come by christmas seeing as the status was still "waiting for items" so I decided to try to cancel the order. I followed the order canceling procedures outlined on their website and have not gotten a single response in over a week. As far as I know my emails haven't even been received. I'm only hoping that I will see my money again.

e01c04e0, 2009-12-22, 02:59PM CST

yes I also ordered merchandise and a month later 2 days before Christmas I finally found the phone number and I called them and they are trying to tell me they are not wrong they do not have the stuff from the vendor. Well, why put stuff on your website if you have not even received and I asked her how she would feel if her stuff she ordered a month ago hadnt come, and she tells me its not her fault. What a joke of a company!!!

5f45bc4f, 2010-01-06, 12:54PM CST

District Lines is the defiition of aweful customer service, Take these posts down? you must be retarded. People deserve to know when a company sucks shit, you should either have new employees or a job you can do better. Haha stupid fuck

655727f6, 2010-01-10, 10:10AM CST

I placed an order with this sham of a company on December 2, 2009. I made request to cancel the order several times and each request was closed. I finally got an email saying the issue had been resolved but did not receive a refund of my money.It is now January 10th 2010 and I have yet to hear from this company or have a seen a cent of the money that I paid to them. With no other contact information on their website I have a feeling this issue will not be resolved. Whatever you do do not order from this horrible "company"

c134b709, 2010-01-22, 10:10AM CST

I found this website through google, and I have to leave a comment too. District Lines is by far the worst company I've ever dealt with. Their warehouse is located in Orlando, FL, which is roughly only 2 hours away from where I live. They list items online as "in stock" when they are really already backordered. They are extremely bad at keeping inventory, and this happens very often. Although I live only 2 hours away, it took about 3 months to receive my order, and it did not come complete as what I ordered. To get any kind of response or help from them, you have to email/call them repeatedly and basically curse them out until they finally apologize. Most of the time, they are not willing to refund money spent on backordered items. They are very unwilling to cooperate with customers. The customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with from any company. It's unfortunate that Sumerian Records chooses to use such a poor quality merch company for their artists, and I hope that they find a new company to do business with in the future.

2d4de3ea, 2010-02-08, 10:59PM CST

District Lines is a joke. I bought four items for my son for Xmas prior to the holiday on 12/14/09. Nothing ever came.

I waited until the first week of January 2010 and then called them up. I explained that since Xmas was over two weeks gone and I had already purchased other items for him that I wanted a refund. The "customer service rep" (and boy do I use that term loosely here) agreed to refund and cancel the order explaining that the items were STILL backordered.

Just this past Friday night, my son asked if I ever got my refund. I put a note in my daily planner to check it out on Monday. Before I ever got to it, we received a package on Saturday, 2/6/10 (almost two months later) and guess what it was? You got it. It was the District Lines order.

My son decides okay, I'll take it anyway I guess, so we open it up. Almost two months later and one item isn't in the package. Here's the shady part: The invoice shows all four items as being in the package.

We sell music merch online and also on ebay under the name backstageattire We ship all over the world and if we advertise something on the internet, we have it in stock. We don't play this "drop ship" game of taking orders and then filling them later after taking someone's money and using that buyer's money to purchase the products. We already have them in our store and our warehouse. THAT'S the way it is supposed to be.

I called District Lines and asked them what they would do about this problem and also asked why they never refunded my money a month ago. The customer service rep couldn't say anything except "I'm sorry" over and over again. I asked them why their invoice showed four items, but we only got three. Again the "I'm sorry" from the rep. This is total B/S and I let her know so. I told her either send the missing item or refund my money. She puts me on hold and tells me the missing item is still out of stock....TWO MONTHS LATER.

She agrees to refund the cost of the item. I tell her I want a fourth of the shipping costs too. Back I go on hold. She comes back and agrees to refund me the cost of the missing item and 1/4 of the shipping costs in 7-10 days. We'll see, I say. Funny...when I have a customer cancel an order and pay online, I can refund them in less than a minute.

Just to let everyone know, they charged me almost nine dollars to ship these items and it only cost them about two. Lastly, they shipped via USPS first class mail, but on the bottom of the label it say UPS. Obviously they're having a good old time stealing postal supplies from UPS and using them for USPS. I'll be giving UPS a call on that as I have an account there.

9831f7b6, 2011-11-23, 03:18PM CST

I ordered 1 shirt from this place online on Nov 6th for my daughter. I did get an email saying it shipped and it gave a tracking # that was on Nov 7th. I kept checking the tracking # and it was not available till Nov 9th. It is now Nov 23rd and tracking says it shipped from CA and every couple of days it updates and says "Processed through USPS Oakland CA on 11/xx/11" it has processed through the Oakland CA usps since the 9th of Nov..today is the 23rd and it's not updated since the 20th. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the company or the post office but either way this is ridiculous! I wish I had looked this company up before and found this website! By the way things are going my daughter won't be getting her shirt till after Christmas! I sent them an email 3 days ago and have heard nothing back yet. I just want them to cancel the order and give the money back! Shipping from CA and we are in KS, even if it finally leaves oakland usps today she wouldn't get it for another week due to the holiday! Company is a joke...I would NOT order from them again..that's for sure!

09d10bb5, 2012-05-15, 01:07PM CDT

akt enterprises is one of the many unscrupulous Florida employers who will steal hours from your paycheck. If you get a job here, make sure to check your hours.

there are good people that work there, but it is systematic..a part of their operations to steal money from employees , promise raises, then months later fire that staff and hire cheaper fresh labor.

"hire slow and fire fast" it's their motto

Odie Raqvak, 2012-10-08, 11:23AM CDT

Bought a white t-shirt, and when it arrived there was a black mark about 1/2 inch on the front of the sleeve. It looks like it will wash of about as well as eyeliner would, i.e. NOT good! So disappointing. I waited over a month for the package and I am not going to wait another few months so I can have mine replaced.

e858c4dc, 2012-12-09, 10:32PM CST

Terrible customer service. It's so unfortunate that my favorite band is connected with them. Several times they have shipped pre-ordered material in segments without notifying me that some of my order would come months later due to production delays. They NEVER ship their records correctly, and they are repeatedly damaged, one was a limited edition signed copy. If you preorder something, you can bet that it won't ship out until days or weeks after the release date. I wish State Radio, Chadwick Stokes and Dispatch would cease product affiliation with this embarrassment of a company.

a9b59040, 2013-01-24, 06:22PM CST

Horrible company, placed an order for 6 shirts on 12/16/2012, no tracking number was provided, no responses to emails and finally got my order on 1/23/2013. Shirts are dirty and I am missing one. DO NOT PURCHASE from them. Its not worth the hassle.

Jerry K., 2013-06-01, 07:55AM CDT

I ordered a J C Caylen hoodie for my daughter from District lines on April 3rd 2013. This was a pre sale item, with a estimated delivery date of April 26th. Weeks after, I called to see what was the hold up and all I ever get is a stupid recording. "If you call during normal business hours, all of our customer service representatives will be busy" Really ? How would they possibly know that? So, to make a long story longer, I've called 4 times and left messages with my order number and contact info. and they have never returned my calls. On May 23rd I get a email stating my package has been shipped and has a UPS tracking number with a scheduled delivery of May 28th. On the 28th I check the tracking number and it says the package has been delivered and left in the garage. Problem is, we don't have a garage, and I didn't see a package. I called UPS and they tell me the package was delivered to someone in Suwannee, GA That's great,except I live in Louisiana. Beware of these muppet brained morons. They will charge your credit card on the date you place an order even though the item is a pre sale item with a scheduled delivery of months ahead. What a incompetent douche bag of a company !!!!!!

Jerry K., 2013-07-17, 05:21PM CDT

After an eternity District Lines sent my hoodie and refunded full purchase price. That's what I'm talking about.

waylon o., 2013-10-18, 04:50AM CDT

I bought a mug from District Lines and it came in broken, so they sent me another one, and it came in broken again, and now ive been trying to contact them for days but they havent e-mailed me back. I dont want to buy anything else from them until this gets fixed.

1eb2c8d5, 2013-12-26, 12:09PM CST

My mother ordered a coat for my son on November 29, 2013. We sent multiple email status requests to them the week of December 16, with no response. Here we are on December 26, no coat (translated to no Christmas gift), and the status on their website just says

"processing". When you call their phone you get a generic answering machine message, no company name, just "no one is available to take your call, please leave a message". Obviously had we been informed that the product was not going to ship we would have canceled it and selected something else as a gift.

I would never do business with them again, and I hope others will consider our experience before doing so.

Sherry G., 2014-01-12, 03:44PM CST

I placed an order on December 14, 2013. As of today (1.9.14), the order status is still listed as "processing." I called the customer service number only to have a recording tell me that the line was temporarily disconnected to allow faster response to customer e-mail inquiries. I sent an e-mail inquiry but have received nothing back. This was meant to be a gift for my granddaughter and she was excited when I told her I had placed the order. Her excitement has faded since we have not received a single item ordered.

Scott E., 2014-01-10, 10:56AM CST

I ordered 4 items for my daughter on November 23, 2013 all of which were Christmas gifts never got a single one, when I emailed them they sent back a email that says two out of the four items are not in stock and they would refund me: never have, I also asked them to please send out the two items that were in stock and: never received them.. I am honestly contacting the better business I already got a bank statement stating they took the money out of my account and I have all of the emails with the statements with what and when I ordered. They did not give a tracking number when I ordered, and everything I ordered said it was in stock when I placed the order? I will NEVER do business with such a company again! I received everything else I ordered even things that I ordered in Dec from all other companies, why does District Lines have such a problem coming through with their part yet so easy to take your money?

a206453b, 2014-02-14, 02:30PM CST

I placed an order on 12/11/13 hoping to receive for Christmas but accepting that might not be possible. It is now 2/14/14 and I am still tryinng to fight w their customer service to receive my order. First, in January they responded to my email about where my order was - saying the address I'd provided was wrong. So I sent them my address again, and they said thanks, sorry and it will be shipped immediately. Then a few weeks later I received an email saying my order had "been around the world and returned" to them bc--- the address was wrong again. And that they needed $ to reship it and a correct address. I wrote back, citing the previous emails w the correct address already there and said I would not pay a reshipping fee for an incorrect address that was apparently done on their part at this point. Someone responded they see their mistake and apologize and will send it out immediately w corrected address and no reshipping fee required. Today I got an email from someone else saying they needed more $ to send it out.

It is quite irritating the same customer support rep is not communicating with me each time and it keeps changing people. And that they are telling me different things, saying the problems fixed, then it isn't, etc. I don't even know whether to believe that the have the product or that it was ever shipped in the first place! After reading all the reviews over the years it surprises me they have not been shit down or reported on the news for being a scam. This is ridiculous. My 73 year old mom loves Jenna marbles and all she wanted was a JM Tshirt for Xmas.