DirecTV, Inc. - DirecTV HD price changes

Company: DirecTV, Inc.

Location: P.O. Box 6550
Greenwood Village, CO, 80155, US

URL: http://www.directv.com/

DirecTV is now pulling certain HD programs from their HD package and selling them separately for $4.99 per month. I subscribed to DirecTV 3 years ago and signed up for the whole HD experience. They kept promising more HD channels were coming. Until recently, we only got a dozen HD channels even though we were paying for the deluxe HD experience.

Now that they have finally delivered on their promise of more HD channels, they are finding ways to charge their loyal and patient customers more for the service they purchased originally.

I called their customer service department and got all kinds of explanations. They said the HD channels that I had been getting were only a preview. Now that the preview period was over I will have to pay extra for those channels.

What a rip off. They have continued to nickel and dime my monthly service charges up to over $90 per month. It was $75 per month when I started and I haven't received any new features or benefits.

I am writing a letter to their customer service department. If they don't let me keep my HD channels for no additional cost, I am switching to Dish Network or AT&T.

When did companies forget that they need to provide more service to charge more money. These guys are 2 years late in delivering the HD package I ordered and now that it is here they want more money. By my reckoning, they owe me money for all of the months they did not deliver all those HD channels.