Sirius Radio

My daughter bought a Sirius S-50 in June, 2006. She spent $300.00 with a

$100.00 rebate which we were to receive in 6-8 weeks. After 8 weeks past and

never receiving the $100 rebate I began calling, being placed on hold, calling

again, being told we should receive the rebate in 6-8 weeks, being told someone

would call me, never receiving a call. Ugh!!! This went on for 4-5 months.

To make a very long story short, they finally credited my daughter's account

the $100.00 (no cash in pocket which she planned to use to buy the home kit).

In December we bought her the home kit for X-mas. Then her car kit broke. I

called warranty. They sent out a new one and needed to receive the old one

back inside of 30 days which we did. They needed to take my credit card # just

in case we didn't return the old one. I did what they asked, but they charged

by credit card $179 anyway which overdrew my account. Ugh again!!! We

resolved that issue finally. Then the home kit broke. We are still dealing with

Sirius Radio who has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. My

daughter was promised an upgrade for all the trouble they have caused us. They

have not followed through with that because the person I talked to has fallen

off the face of the planet and they don't know which call center she was from.

You can never talk to the same person twice. No one is on the same page or

can give consistent answers to the same question. You will NEVER receive a

phone call back. You will be placed on hold for 15-30 minutes at a time. It is

next to impossible to speak to a supervisor. There have been some customer

service personnel extremely rude to me. Believe it or not this is a very brief

summary of my dealings with Sirius Radio. I have a rap sheet with them

longer than a criminal's!!! And to top it all off, somehow they have put my

daughter's account into her dog's name. How the heck did they do that??? Now I get

mail addressed to her dog!!! I have threatened to sue these people. I have

asked for our money back, which they just laughed in my face. Sirius Radio

sucks and I would't recommend it to my worst enemy (or maybe I would!!). Ha!!!

Ha!!! And if they think I would buy any of those new cars with Sirius Radio

in them, they better think again!!!

************************************** Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at

b383a3d8, 2009-09-29, 05:26PM CDT

9/29/09

I feel your pain and agree 100%. If there were a class action suit against Sirius and their mishandling of customers accounts, unwarranted charges and unbelievably horrendous customer service practices, I would jump on board in a minute!

In the years Ive subscribed to Sirius, paying in advance for service was always the standard. In 2008 I started having difficulty with my signal. It would cut in and out just a bit at first, then over several months it happened constantly. I made multiple calls to Sirius who would generate a signal boost in my zip code area. This would help somewhat, but eventually it would get so bad again I just shut my radio off. Even after spending $90.00 on a Sirius signal booster from Circuit City, the improvement was minimal at best. Sirius eventually said my radio was out of date and I needed to purchase new equipment. Since the last part of 2008, I quit using my Sirius all together, even though I had paid in advance for the service I was no longer using! When I received renewal information in 2009, I did not respond because I was not going to invest money in another year of poor service and excuses.

I spoke with a Sirius representative 4-5 weeks ago, explained my situation and he thanked me for my years of service. To my horror, last week I received a COLLECTION NOTICE in the mail for $31.12! The customer service rep didnt bother to say anything about what they were doing on my account; he only wanted me to renew service!

I called Sirius and spoke with 2 customer service reps and a supervisor who would not escalate my call any further saying managers above me dont talk with customers. They refused to do anything to correct the outstanding balance saying it was my fault that I did not call them to discontinue service; therefore I was charged for 2 additional months of service after my account expired. When I did not pay for the additional 2 months of service, they turned me over to a collection agency.

They said they didnt need my approval to continue my service since this was their policy and I should have called to cancel. I asked them to either remove the charges or provided me with a copy of a binding contract under my signature that allowed an automatic continuation of service. Once again, they said they didnt need a signed contract to continue my service.

I refuse to pay for extortion! If they ruin my perfect credit, I will do my best to ruin them! Maybe they will stop defrauding people if we slap them with a class action suit! If you know of one that has been initiated, please post it on this site.