CheckMyRebate.com - FRAUD CheckMyRebate.com - ComCast LIARS

Product: Comcast Retail Digital Starter rebate

Company: CheckMyRebate.com

Category: Business, Finances

CheckMyRebate.com - COMCAST RETAIL DIGITAL STARTER $100/$75 CABLE REBATE

I have called CheckMyRebate.com and received a tracking #. They stated I would receive my $100 rebate in 6-10 weeks. I entered my tracking # at CheckMyRebate.com (rebate status) which states my rebate was received on 5/4/07 and processed 5/10/07. Tomorrow 8/13/07 IS THE 13TH WEEK!

I don't know about you, but the last time I checked, 13 is more than 10. Cable charges continue to increase year after year. We MUST pay our bill on-time or loose service. Why don't the companies which offer these rebates/services do the same? Why don't they pay on-time or pay at all for that matter?

c5fe1e8a, 2008-01-15, 05:01PM CST

Yes, checkmyrebate is a total scam. I bought the mlb.tv package through comcast and was supposed to get a $50 rebate. This was back in June 2007, and as of January 2008 I have yet to get my rebate. I can't find any phone number for these creeps, all I can do is submit a request for info at their website (www.checkmyrebate.com). They always reply with "it takes 6-8 weeks." Obviously it's been more than SIX MONTHS. These guys are seriously ripping people off and nobody is doing anything about it. Ridiculous.

d727df9e, 2008-01-16, 12:48AM CST

I apologize, however checkmyrebate.com is a third party and Comcast itself cannot assist you with problems with this party. You certainly can inform your local office of this so that this issue can be prevented in the future for others, however Comcast itself cannot assist you with your dealings with a third party. I am sorry to hear that you have had this problem, and I sincerely hope that in the future you look to comcast.com or 1 800 Comcast for any changes so that we can ensure an issue such as this does not happen again.

ba83caef, 2008-03-15, 08:18AM CDT

I also signed up for a triple package in December, 2007. As part of that I was supposed to receive a $100 rebate. I have yet to see my money and CheckMyRebate never returns my emails. Of course Comcast says they can't help you with this. What I can do is start calling around to other providers to switch and I have told everyone Comcast is a fraud. They are double billing and before long they will lose the market they once had on the cable TV business. They deserve what they get.

4713497b, 2008-03-24, 11:29AM CDT

1-800-635-8478

c2cf5ee1, 2008-04-03, 05:15PM CDT

I also feel equally the same on this manner. I too, am going on my 8th week.If I don't hear or get anything on the week after week #10, I will have this company/website investigated by the proper authorities.

619345a9, 2008-04-07, 07:33PM CDT

I need a telepohone number for "Checkmyrebate.com." Can anyone help, Thanks, McGee.

6847e728, 2008-04-14, 05:46PM CDT

The info was great.... I just got the same Rebate offer from www.checkmyrebate.com, when I went to their website I saw they are featuring other products apart from Comcast. This prompted me to do a google search and here I am.

As one of you wrote, comcast's price will go up after one year. I will switch to Dish network / DSL at that time. There is no point paying such a high price for this crap...

ac441416, 2008-04-16, 09:41PM CDT

I switched to COMCAST in November 2007, and since that time, my computer has had a virus, my billing account has been completely screwed up, they are very difficult to get any help from online or over the phone, and I too just received the rebate form. If this is a scam, isnt COMCAST responsible for not giving out customer address and information. I am also looking at other providers because Im tired of having some problem with my services every week.

054ef1b8, 2008-06-01, 04:20AM CDT

Hi my name is stacy and I also had gotten a 100$ back on my comcast internet when I got high speed that I would get that and then when I was done with the online so that I can get a appointment for them to install my service, Instead of it saying a 100$ it end up saying that I would be getting a 250$ gift card instead I never got any And that was on the 9/2007. So I called comcast and they tell me that there is nothing thet can do about it when there the one that are promoting it, and I dont c how they can false advertisment and it is theft to me and others that where surposed to get something and never have and not sure if there going to get to u. Im not giving it up I will make sure that they dont get away with this cause they would do the same thing.

83477a31, 2008-06-13, 01:23PM CDT

I am on hold now waiting for someone to pick up the phone at the scam center. I too am well into my 6mos and waiting mode. I'll be making a complaint with BBB, Dept of Consumer Affairs, and filing a small claims. I suggest everyone else does the same.

Solise

247719e2, 2008-06-13, 01:50PM CDT

I mailed in our rebate and receipts on April 8, 2008. I haven't heard anything back or received the $225.00 rebate that we have coming. When can we expect it.

7334bcdb, 2008-06-23, 04:29PM CDT

A good number for checkmyrebate.com is 1-800-635-0663. Good luck with getting anyone to give you a straight answer though.

2721fd34, 2008-07-27, 06:20AM CDT

WOW,I must be in the right place.Comcast told me i had to send my yhird bill in to get the rebate.However when i look at the checkmyrebate site you need your first bill,that was 90 days ago.I talked with employee #r2x WHAT A SCAM!!!!!

716c51d8, 2008-08-18, 10:48PM CDT

I've also been waiting for a rebate for almost 9 months, luckily mine was only $5. Checkmyrebate says it was processed and is just waiting for final audit. Maybe they should have printed 5-8 months for processing instead of weeks!

5703b511, 2008-10-02, 03:06PM CDT

I just got off the phone with a representative from CheckMyRebate.com. Wait was 15 minutes...call was placed at 3:45 Eastern Time. They have 5 rebate centers around the country. I gave him my address and information, and he was actually able to pull up my "profile", but he did not have my rebate information. He was able to tell me that my rebate center (for Comcast, in the Northeast US, DoublePlay $150 rebate not including modem) was Florida, and the Florida number is 1-877-405-5035. I'm going to give them a call when I have the rest of my rebate information in front of me. If I get the phone numbers of any more of the rebate centers, I will post them here. When you call and actually talk to a human, make sure you know what you are eligible for, and whether you submitted as two separate rebates (cable and internet) or a single form (all options on a single page). Also, if you have the original mailing address, that helps. I am going on 4 months...seems a bit ridiculous. The last thing I asked him was, "Is this a total scam?" word for word. It was a little bit eerie how he took NO offense to that question and calmly said, "I assure you, this is not a scam."

I'm stil not convinced.

d21ecd7a, 2008-10-12, 11:20AM CDT

Good Luck getting any satisfaction regarding your rebates. Mine was supposed to take 14-16 weeks and all in all it took 22 weeks and 4 days to get. On top of the waiting, the "gift card" rebate was supposed to be for $200.00 and my rebate was exactly $124.95. Where the other &75.05 went I have NO idea. I am calling them on Monday (today is Sunday) to find out. The number to call is 1-877-405-5035. If "checkmyrebate" can't help, try this number. Good Luck!!!!!!!!

c35ae7bc, 2008-12-23, 12:43PM CST

I have called and check my tracking number as well I should have had my check many months ago, here it is December 23rd and I still do not have my rebat check. Our rebate is to be $225, lets see if we get it. I am going to turn them into the BBB. This is stupid.

42cf5bda, 2009-01-13, 01:07AM CST

what a joke mailed it out on august of 2008.it is now jan13th 2009. you do the math they will be hearing from me. with the cost of cable being so crazy they could atleast follow through on what they say they are going to do for you.it only confirms that comcast sucks.

4a0e43ca, 2009-02-06, 11:10PM CST

I called checkmyrebate.com today 2/6/09 in reference to my 8/25/07 TV purchase & Comcast $75 Rebate, I had forgot about it after several attempts, but to my surprise they had applied the rebate on 3/28/08 which appeared on my 4/08 comcast bill as a payment received (-75.00) it didn't say rebate which is why i overlooked it. It was more like 24 weeks

09480f7b, 2009-02-09, 07:30PM CST

yo tengo 20 semanas que puse mis servisios y no he resivido nada del reenvolso que me dijieron ya son mas de 10 semanas

dbeb4c8e, 2009-02-16, 02:38PM CST

I signed up on April 6, 2008 and I am still waiting for my rebate to date 2/16/09.

Isn't there something we could do?

I would be happy to sign a complaint against Comcast for this.

cae72b0d, 2009-09-16, 11:22AM CDT

it is 2009 they are still frauding people

0230e768, 2009-11-18, 10:45AM CST

i tried to get a rebate of $25 for a friend for the refer a friend rebate offer...i was the one referred by the friend. they transferred me to 5 different offices before i supposedly got the rebate office then the person put me on hold once again to go through the same process of entering account #, etc then the call was once again transferred to wrong departments/offices. bullshit!

600f7d4e, 2009-11-25, 01:23AM CST

NOV 1, 2009, I EXPERIENCE THE SAME SITUATION WITH COMCAST; MAINOFFICE IS AT BAYSHORE AND PAUL AVE. I WAS NAGOTIATED THRU AN AGENT, SUBSCRIBE $24.99 FOR 9MONTHS RENTAL MODEM $3. FREE INSTALLATION; $75 REBATE

THE RESULT:$25 CHARGED WITH INSTALLATION, MODEM RENTAL INCREASE TO $5, REBATE WILL NEED TO CLAIM AFTER MAY 2010; I CHECKED checkmyrebate.com NO RECORD FOUND; I EMAILED THAT AGENT 4 TIMES; NOT A SINGLE WORD... SERVICE LEVEL -1

3e5902f4, 2009-12-14, 02:07PM CST

I'm still waiting on hold for about 15 minutes now regarding my $200 rebate from JULY! Comcast should be as efficient in send our rebates as thay are sending out bills! If we did this to them our service would promptly be cut off. Nothing but a runaround!They have billions to buy NBC but can't give me my lousey $200!!!!!

ae6c3d68, 2010-01-19, 04:17PM CST

I bought a tv at bestbuy nov. 28, 09 signed up for HD and a $50.00 rebate. know its jan. 19 2010 called comcast about my rebate they know nothing,ill give it 2 wks then im calling AT&T and see what they have. comcast are liars

147cc106, 2010-01-23, 04:10PM CST

ok, I was told if I take the triple-play package. I quailified for the $175-$200 rebate. when I got the rebate it was $125.00.I have been on the rebaters and Comcast, every since. It is not fair, when you are told one thing in the store. Then later, it is not what you were told in the store.

dc4d0087, 2010-02-08, 11:33AM CST

I am having the same difficulties and inconvenience as several of you people. The sales rep told me the $200. gift card could be used 24 hours after installation. Right???? WRONG then found out it was 6-8 weeks. I waited the 6 weeks and called the number on my "fake" card and they told me it was activated. I went to Walmart and spent a substantial amount two times. I do not want to go back there ever again. The phone number I finally got through to (on hold for 2 hours) told me the sales rep had mixed up my account number with someone else's card and I would have to go BACK to Walmart again and talk to electronics. If anyone knows how to get the credit on our card that they deserve, please let me know!!! I am livid with disgust and ready to have Comcast remove my entire system. I was with WOW before and never had a problem. Comcast does not know what the heck they are doing.

8016ce93, 2010-03-09, 03:44PM CST

I signed up for Comcast Lock & Loaded promo in July of 2009 and was told I would receive a $100 rebate if I paid my bill on time for 3 months, which I did but as of March 9, 2010 have never seen the $100. Believe me it's not from lack of trying I have called Comcast almost once a week for months and all I get are promises and no check. Once my contract is up I am changing cable providers. Not only that it took them 4 trips to my house to install my cable which means taking time off from work. I am very dissatified with Comcast service.

e93d7f69, 2010-05-21, 12:40PM CDT

i ordered internet with Comsast cable. It was ordered 10/2009.They said, I would receive $75.00 after 90 days. I sent in the proper documents and still haven't received my rebate. I have called several times and they just give me different number to call. The last ticket number was 18046 and no phone call or anything concerning my rebate. This was May 19, 2010. It seems like I am getting a re=un a round about my rebate. I dont know what else to do.

Anonymous, 2010-08-20, 12:55PM CDT

I signed up with Comcast and was Promised a $150 Gift card for Fry's. I never received Nothing.I called the rebate center and they said I was to receive a confirmation number from the Comcast sales Rep who signed me up. 3 months later I still have nothing. I have been going back and forth with him. He is not getting it done. I'm getting ready to contact State Attorney General and Dept of Consumer Affairs. This is Fraud!!Comcast sending Sales Reps to Retail stores to entice new customers for service by make false promises to consumers.

34d56fb1, 2011-01-10, 07:34AM CST

I know what you mean. I was promised $200 rebate in July also. In NOVEMBER I called to find out where it was. He said, you will receive in the middle of next week. That was 11/11/10. I finally went to the check my rebate and found out they entered the information on 11/11/10 instead of 7/7/10. I checked again, and it said it was sent out 1/5/11. WELL WHERE WAS IT SENT, CERTAINLY NOT TO ME. I wonder if these reps are getting the rebates! I just love comcast ads "If the customer is not happy, Comcast is not happy". BS!!!! I'm constantly arguing with them.

e23bf08b, 2011-03-06, 03:36PM CST

I totally agree. We were told that we would get a $250.00 visa card after about 3months/and or we paid our cable bill for 3 months. I call comcast and they say the codes are in the computer for us to receive it. so I call the company that gives out the visa cards and they have no idea who I am. they say that comcast has to send them something saying that we get the "rebate". so I call comcast back and they say that they sent something to the "marketing dept" and it will be mailed out. We are WAY past the time line. I call comcast and ask for the "marketing dept" and am told I cant talk to them. What the hell? Are you serious? I told the last person I talked to that...."I have stuck to my end of the deal by paying my bill on time for the "3" months why aren't you guys (comcast) sticking to your end of the deal?" She says she took care of it, but I have yet to see a visa card. This should be reported to the BBB. It is False Advertising if you ask me. I am so mad right now and just keep getting the run around. I am about to say screw it and go back to my other cable company. the ONLY reason i switched was because of the $250.00 visa card. I don't think there is really a visa card anywhere? Has anyone out there EVER received theirs?

88400af7, 2011-04-26, 10:28AM CDT

IT IS AMAZING HOW THE SO CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE FOCUSED "COMCAST" CAN ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEND TO SOOOO MANY CUSTOMERS. IT IS NOW APRIL 26TH YET I SIGNED UP ON NOVEMBER 13TH...AND THE NERVE OF THE REBATE CENTER TO SAY YHEY HAVE NOT HEARD FROM COMCAST...IT WILL TAKE AT LEAST 2 WEEKS FOR THEM TO HEAR FROM COMCAST AND ANOTHER 6 TO 8 WEEKS FOR ME TO RECEIVE THE REBATE. DO THE MATH ON WHAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE A 90 DAY PROCESS...IS NOW A "POSSIBLY" 240 DAY PROCESS...CABLE COMPANYS NEED COMPETITION WITHIN MARKETS...THE BEST CABLE COMPANY TO ADDRESS SERVICE IS "SUDDEN LINK COMMUNICATION"...I WOULD SWITCH TOMORROW IF THEY WERE OFFERED IN ATLANTA...COMCAST GO AWAY YOU AND YOUR TRICKS ARE FULL OF $@%#!!!

4501cccc, 2011-12-01, 11:09AM CST

comcast lair after lair. they all have the standard answer. called all the numbers they gave me and nothing. comcast will not get away with this I.m going to call the attorney general of georgia.

0a1df276, 2012-03-22, 12:40PM CDT

I switched from Verizon to Comcast during their Customer Winback Program and promised a 150.00 credit after my second billing cycle. the salesmans name is Brandon Brooks 412-9690471, this was installed 11/22/11, after 5 or 6 calls over the months, each time being promised it would be on the next bill, still nothing, it has been 17 weeks since the install. Now Im forwarded to the Rebate Center, and they have no record, they are going to send a request to Comcast. Next month I am filing a complaint with the Pennsylvania Consumer Affairs Commission. I have been sucessful with them in the past.

fed2d3d5, 2012-03-31, 02:18PM CDT

MY DEAR FUSTRATESD FRIENDS ,.THE BEST WAY TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE IS TO EMAIL CORPORATE DIRECTLY.

I WAS ABLE TO GATHER INFO CONCERNING COMCAST HIGH RANKING CEO CFO ETC

Comcast Corporation

Philadelphia, PA United

Company Description

Toll Free: 800-266-2278

Commerce plus broadcasting equals Comcast. The company's core cable division is the largest pay-TV provider in the US (ahead of satellite provider DIRECTV and direct competitor Time Warner Cable) with more than 22 million video subscribers. Comcast derives the bulk of its revenue from its cable services offered in 39 states and the District of Columbia. It has about 18 million broadband Internet subscribers, while its XFINITY computer telephony service has more than 9 million customers. Comcast also has cable programming interests, such as E!, G4, and The Golf Channel, and sells time to advertisers. In 2011 the company formed a joint venture with General Electric that gave it a 51% interest in NBCUniversal (NBCU).

1 Comcast Center

Philadelphia, PA 19103

Comcast Corporation Rankings

#66 in FORTUNE 500 (May 2011)

S&P 500

#101 in FT Global 500 (June 2011)

More Companies in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

More Companies in These Related Industries: Cable Television, Movie & Video Production, Telecommunications Resellers

Executives

235 executives listed for Comcast Corporation's Philadelphia, PA location.

Chairman, President, and CEO

Brian Roberts

Chairman Emeritus

Ralph Roberts

CFO

Michael Angelakis

DNBi

Leverage D&B's credit assessment tools to positively impact

your business. Get the scoop on Comcast Corporation now.

Reduce risk.

Drive greater profitability.

Increase cash flow.

Comcast - Official Site

Save On TV, Phone & Internet. Find XFINITY

b19ca757, 2012-04-05, 10:29AM CDT

In March, I filled out the rebate form, sent copies of my first 2 bills and am supposedly eligible for a $100 gift card from VISA. HA! I just entered my COMCAST account number on CHECK MY REBATE and it wasn't recognized even though I switched my phone & Internet to COMCAST in February. What a scam!

4b0c0e6c, 2012-08-07, 10:57AM CDT

yet another way to get scam the consumer for profit....i was told i would not get a rebate of 250.00 which is what i was entitled to, due to a delinquent months payment...after several departments and few nasty words, the rep agree'd there was a "glitch" in their system and i was entitled to my gift card....i was prompted to several diffrent departments before actually reaching the rebate dept, who then told me it would be 17 weeks before they would have me in their system....HA, yay right, it's already been 12 weeks and i was told at the time of service it would only take 9 weeks....in addition to that, when i ordered the service and was promised the rebate, they wanted a verbal commitment to service with them for 2 years, which i agree'd to, only under the assumption i would have my "not so real" gift card...what a crock!!!!! time for a change!!!!!

allison f., 2012-09-08, 09:56AM CDT

On March 9th I changed all of my services from AT&T and Directv to Comcast, which at the time was a promotonal period of TriplePlay and was suppose to receive a Visa Card in the amount of $250.00 within 4-6 wks of service. On July 20th 2012, I phoned Comcast Accounting Dept. in Knoxville,TN. to see the status of my $250.00 rebate Visa Card only to be told by the man that the service didn't go thru and over 2hrs later of back tracking the records he confirmed that I qualified and the system had a gleech and dropped the ball. He told me that within 4-6 wks I will recieve my $250.00 Visa Card and apoligized for my troubles. Well it is September 8th 2012 and I have phoned Comcast again to find out that I did not set up my services properly and that it is my fault that I didn't recieve my $250.00 Visa Card, per C.S.R. Cynthia. I should have followed up on the rebate in the first thirty days of service and know I don't qualify, because it has been to long to find the records in the system. I have Twanda on my cellphone recorded on March 9th saying that she had checked the service recorded and the promotion Visa Card was accepted, I should recieve my $250.00 Visa Card within 4-6 wks. But no one wants to hear this message or will honor their employees who make these confirmations with consumers on there services offered and purchased during this "In Good Faith of Business Call"! It Is all Fraud!!!

a09de08b, 2013-03-05, 08:35AM CST

I signed up with comcast Nov. 2011 it is now Mar. 2013. I still do not have my rebate from comcast even though for the last year and a half I have paid my bill on time, my bill that keeps going up and up even though I signed a 12 month contract it increased during that period and now has gone up again. It is a shame that they have a monopoly on the town I live in no other cable companies. I could go to Direct Tv or one of the other dish networks but I have heard that they are just as bad. I have called comcast every month about my rebate always get told they will check into it and call back, no one ever does. I didn't even find out about this rebate site until last month. I was given a phone number by a comcast rep. The number was was not in service. This month I was given the website. I tried my name and address no record of me, tried my acct number no record of me. A comcast supervisor is now looking into the matter they have finally found my agreement and now are pulling the phone conversation so that they can hear that I signed up to my plan with a visa. They have told me that if the rebate center does not honor my visa then they will see if they can credit my account for the visa amount. What a run around it would seem to me that if you had happy customers you would be more apt to do more business but I guess they figure if there are no competing companies why should they.

aa678f54, 2013-05-31, 06:58PM CDT

Comcast told me a lie and told me that they would send me a visa gift card for 250 if I signed up for the triple play. I want to cut my services off but they have me under a 2 year contract. It's the biggest fraud and when you call to talk to them you get no where, you explain to this person, that person etc... and you get no answers.