Frigidaire refrigerator from Lowe's in Yuma, Az

Posted on Wednesday, April 4th, 2007 at 4:56pm CDT by 4aceaec3

Company: Frigidaire refrigerator from Lowe's in Yuma, Az

My name is Chris Hice. I purchased a topmount Frigidaire refrigerator from Lowe's in Yuma, Az. Purchase date 8/12/2006. This has turned out to be one of worst desicions of my life. On 1/31/2007 it starts. The refrigerator quit while I and my family were gone for the weekend. That's only five and a half months! By the time we got back and discovered that it had quit everything in it was bad. There goes $200! So, I figure ok things happen and got it repaired by an "authorized technician". I had to take a day off of work to be home when he came. Another $140. They were supposed to arrive between 8 & 12 but showed up at 2:00 or else I could have only taken a half a day off. So, he got it working. For 3 weeks that is. The same thing happened while we were gone for the weekend. The same events occured for the second time. Another $340. This a brand new refrigerator that just had a couple gliches it had to be fixed for good right? Wrong. On 3/31/2007 it quit again. Now the 1st two times the weather was at least cool so we weren't even running our A/C. This time living in southern Az the temperatures are already in the 90's. Our food didn't even make it 12 hours. So here I am again sitting here losing another day of work and another $200 worth of food. The repairman was supposed to be here between 10 and 12 but it's almost 3:00. I called Frigidaire to see about getting it replaced but apparently they don't have the authority to do something like that. They said I need a "diagnosis of problem" before they can go any further. I called Lowe's to see what they would do about it but all they could do was give the number to a repair center. I will never buy another Frigidaire product for as long as I live. I will do my best to stop anyone I know from making the same mistake. This fridge cost $500, cost me $600 in food, and $420 in time missed from work. That's $1520 so far. I can't say with confidence that it's over either. I'm praying that this time the technician will fill something out saying that it's a lemon or something. HELP!!!!

_____

Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.