Verizon FIOS Internet Service

Posted on Tuesday, April 24th, 2007 at 2:46pm CDT by 820db751

Company: Verizon FIOS Internet Service

I received a letter from Verizon asking me to call a toll free number to sign up for FIOS Internet Service (I’m a Verizon DSL and landline subscriber). I was very excited as I’ve been waiting for FIOS ever since I read about it. The sales person took my credit card and scheduled a technician for a month out.

Two months later I called (not having seen a technician) and found out there was no order. And that (contradicting the letter I received) FIOS wasn’t available at my house. It is available down the block from me (several friends in town now have FIOS). I contacted Verizon and they would not give me a date when it would be available.

I’m slowly turning from a vocal advocate of Verizon (pushing friends to DSL or FIOS and away from cable – Comcast in our area) to someone who will advise friends going forward that cable is the lesser of two evils.

Thanks.

Jim Llewellyn

d1be77c2, 2007-12-27, 11:30AM CST

I too have been duped by Verizon. I signed up for their triple freedom package (which consists of home phone svc, cable tv and internet) and the same day they came and switched my home phone service to verizon. A few days later they came and hooked up a dish for direct tv. The next day they informed me that internet service is not available in my area, which is about 20 minutes out of Philadelphia. Now as it stands, they have not fulfilled their end of our contract and I have a dish drilled into the side of my house!! Trying to get through to them is next to impossible. I did finally get through (to the Phillipines) after waiting on hold for 40 minutes and then was "cut off". The only thing I get from them are apologies. The whole point of this was to have one bill but now I still have to keep my Comcast for the internet service. I am now thinking of filing a complaint with the federal trade commission (I don't know if that matters or not).

Thanks for letting me vent!