ewave freezer

Posted on Wednesday, September 6th, 2006 at 3:31am CDT by 9b56a749

Company: ewave freezer

ditto, freezer died in 2 years, lost $200 in food. they would not even send me a small part that went bad (motor starter) so that i could fix it myself but would charge me $150 to fix it. i paid $160 for the freezer new!! they sell junk then insult your intelligence. never buy ewave or magic chef ( their distributer).

be9738f8, 2007-12-12, 04:49PM CST

WAS LOOKING AT THE EWAVE FREEZER,,, THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP!!!

Anonymous, 2008-04-22, 10:10AM CDT

Me too!! Same thing - Ewave freezer, died within 2 years, NO ONE WILL SERVICE IT, not even magic chef. The same part went bad - motor starter - i ordered it, paid $36 for it can't can get ANYONE to install it. I agree NEVER buy ANYTHING that is Ewave or Magic chef!!!

027b503f, 2008-08-23, 12:55AM CDT

I just picked up a E-Wave freezer off a neighbor's fromt lawn and discovered that it would not work. I also discovered that it needed a stater after inspecting it. I hope I can order the part, otherwise I have to pay to dump it. I went to the E-Wave web site wanting to order the part but I have to be a tech with a certin number to order from there. Where did you order yours?

b0e4f655, 2008-10-26, 12:31AM CDT

Does this motor starter look like a white plastic screw type reset button? I keep restting it and a few days later it trips again. My refrigerator is an Ewave model no. EWR121W

175edd33, 2009-01-22, 04:33PM CST

Thank you for posting your complaint. I need to buy a chest freezer this week and was looking at an Ewave for $169 or either a Frigidaire or GE for $199. I think I'll pay the extra $30 to get something that lasts.

88e46367, 2011-07-29, 01:40PM CDT

Got a 7.2 in August of 2009. Died July 2011. Seems these only last a little while. I've been reading ratings and reviews of the ewave freezers and most all of them say the same thing- died in less than 2 years. It has a one year warranty....5 years on the compressor that was still running. Repair man said $180 to fix....I can get a new Kenmore for $189. I am going to Sears.

7af4fb90, 2011-09-11, 05:57PM CDT

OUr just did the same thing today. We are so disappointed. We purchased it about 2 years ago to the date. What a crock.

a980c8da, 2011-10-06, 11:20AM CDT

Me to! dead at 2 years. Live and learn. Cant find one made in USA!

b8d863a8, 2012-03-22, 10:41PM CDT

I have had my E-Wave chest freezer for about 5 years and it just died, the compressor failed. I am really upset, a freezer is an investment and should last more than a couple of years. I lost my deer from this year and another 40 pounds of assorted meats. They should owe me some money.

Eric D., 2012-08-14, 10:07PM CDT

Purchased ours from Home Depot (with Magic Chef badge) about 2-1/2 years ago and it quit cooling nine days ago. (08/05/2012) Looks like the freon/coolant leaked out in two separate locations and the freezer is only cooling to about 40 degrees. We're trying a similar size and price in a Kenmore this time, can't seem to find a good, reasonably priced, home owner grade freezer anymore.

Hopefully the Kenmore will last longer than 30 months. If not, I'll buy something in the industrial grade freezer market.

ken b., 2012-10-14, 09:40AM CDT

Bought a small ewbd 200 ewave frezzer one year ago. Just to keep deer meat in. Unplugged it in the summer. Went to plug it in this fall (Oct) and it won't cool. It runns but doesn't get cold. Loks like some oil (black sticky stuff) leaked out on floor. Piece of junk ?? Will buy better one this time !!!!!!

f3ce1ddd, 2013-07-31, 06:38PM CDT

If you want an Ewave freezer for it's cheap price, that is exactly what you will get, CHEAP. Our freezer didn't even make 2 years, and we found lots of rotten food. It is a disposable freezer people...it is a complete shame that stores still sell it. It is nice that the manufacturer makes it junky enough to last more than a year so you are unable to get any form of refund. RUN from Ewave.