United Parcel Service - United Parcel Service Complaint

Posted on Wednesday, September 6th, 2006 at 10:32am CDT by 8aea0883

Company: United Parcel Service

Category: Delivery, Moving Services, Storage

September 6, 2006

I was contacted by UPS last Friday telling me that I should expect a delivery for me. Since the delivery required my signature, I had to stay home to wait for it. However, I waited from sunrise until the darkness of the night, yet no UPS guy ever came or even left me a notice explaining why. I used my tracking number on their website, and it simply stated that my item was left in their facility (no reason), and that the rescheduled delivery day was next Tuesday (Monday being a holiday).

Next Tuesday, I waited faithfully again for my item. Again, no delivery and no notice. I called their customer service. A lady with a heavy accent answered with complete indifference. I finally managed to understand that she said the item would be delivered that night, just later than usual. I thanked her, but guess what--no delivery at all!

I just tracked my item again, but their website simply says that my item is in their delivery system. Now I don't know if I should state home for another day, because I have other business to take care of.

I understand that no delivery system is perfect. But UPS should not advertise "same day delivery GUARANTEED" they can meet their promise. Also, if they cannot deliver something as scheduled, they should at least let the customer know.

a4eee49a, 2007-12-06, 02:27PM CST

I am waiting for a very very important package which I need ASAP; The drive came by yesterday @ 1:07 pm when I was not home -= I called the office many times now today I have been waiting by the phone and looking at the front door via television security camera for him to show up - I have things to do and cannot wait all day for nothing- It seems the drivers just come when people are not home.. I have talked to many people about similar complaints.. Any other items that any of my shippers send to me I am going to advise them NOT TO USE UPS!! Maybe this will teach this company a less and change the rules and get with Customer Service.. UPS DOES NOT KNOW WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS!!!

97063dc9, 2009-08-11, 08:06AM CDT

Why pay for next day when it takes 4 day's?