Ikea / Shop At Home

Posted on Thursday, September 28th, 2006 at 5:38pm CDT by 76810453

Company: Ikea / Shop At Home

Ikea Shop At Home Phone ordering service.

On 1 September, I called and placed a large order to be delivered on 2 October. I provided my payment information and contact phone number. I was told one item was on back order and when it became available, my order would be processed for delivery on 2 October. I am a reservist who has been recalled to active duty and am stationed on the other side of the world. The date was critical because this is the only date I was available to furnish my empty home. I purchased a plane ticket and prepared my leave (it is two days travel either way). On 27 September, I called to verify the delivery information and was told that I had a new order number and was asked for my payment information again. The representative told me he would call the following day with delivery details. He did not call. I called again and asked to speak with a supervisor. She told me that my order has been placed on 27 September and that since it was inside the 14 day window it could not be delivered on 2 October. When I originally called on 1 September, the sales advisor was belligerent and disrespectful. I asked to speak with a different advisor and he refused to transfer me. I desperately needed to place the order so I proceeded. I believe the advisor intentionally failed to place my order because I complained about his service. When I called back, he was both people I spoke with were also rude. I am not happy with Ikea's service and recommend you choose another company whenever possible. There products may be good but their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced.

Angel Boord