Register.Com... is HORRIBLE to work with!!!

Posted on Wednesday, October 25th, 2006 at 9:00pm CDT by 221d12e0

Company: Register.Com... is HORRIBLE to work with!!!

I would like to file a complaint against Register.Com.

I thought I was getting a great deal subscribing to them for my new business. I have their web hosting and 8 email accounts. What a NIGHTMARE this has turned out to be. I am a Nanny Placement Agency in California and I need to be able to access my email accounts all day long. My web address also enables families and nannies to download an application. I have had three episodes where both their web service has been down for hours. But today, bot their web service and internet service has been down. I called to complain to their "customer service" operator and got so mad they finally agreed to let me speak with their manager, who had a canned speach prepared to get me off the phone. I told them that I was unhappy and wanted to take my service elsewhere, but they told me that I was locked in and they refused to give me any refund or assistance. Because of their service my business is SUFFERING! I told them that I intended to send this complaint to the internet for the WHOLE WORLD TO SEE... and ya know what .???? They didn't even care!!

SO HERE THIS REGISTER.COM.. YOU SUCK !!!

I would have given you my email address.... but IT'S NOT WORKING.. HELLO!!

Signed

Angelic Faces

Claudia Bernard

_____

Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2

d4100b87, 2008-01-09, 09:26PM CST

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up a comercial site. I was considering going with register.com. Thanks to you I have decided not to go with them. The time you took to place this complaint hurt their business by me not giving them mine. I wanted to let you know this and that your efforts to expose this site was not in vein. Thank you.

f2725b59, 2008-05-29, 12:45PM CDT

If you didn't realize, no one on this planet will offer you 100% up time on email services, and if its down for "a few hours" Your pretty lucky, mine has been down for days on end with another provider, also Register.com offers domain names and web site services, not internet services..if your having trouble with your internet, call your ISP, may be why your email wasn't working. Stop acting like a kid in toysrus demanding things with companies, what did you want the sup to do? Sprinkle you with Happy dust? Come pat your back because you might have missed a babysitting job? Grow up peter pan, get a real job, leave the ones that have them alone.

12f79ef9, 2008-05-29, 12:48PM CDT

c1cd32f6, 2008-07-30, 04:39PM CDT

THIS IS MY OPINION ... and seek anyone else who has used Register.com before in their life. My advice is to GO WITH GODADDY.COM which I feel is one of the best and most professional domain server / seller out there. In my opinion and experience. I feel, by past experiences and even one more today (a full 3 years after my last formal transaction with Reister.com where they processed a $58.00 charge which I NEVER authorized, expecially that they RENEWED a domain that I let expire 1 year prior. They processed a charge on an inactive / closed account on a domain that I had been expired for 11 months. Upon calling Register.com today it reminded me

of all the times in the past I argued for just COMMON SENSE items and items of fairness. REGISTER.COM representatives come on and speak in runaround terms, to me like a big bunch of hustlers, a-holes and crooks. Their actions further prove it. They were once a good company AND PROBABLY the FORE-RUNNER of every other company that sells and services domain names but in the be .COM Scandals of the late 1990's early 2000's REGISTER.COM TANKED. A company that was once good (But VERY EXPENSIVE) if you had ONLY one or two domain names was SUNK. THEY were one of the original FULL RETAIL, RETAIL, + RETAIL and more service companies only you did not get the service you'd expect after paying huge premiums. They charged $35 per year plus every item is extra. GODaddy charges between $8.95 and $12.95 (depending, com, net, org, name etc) and you get FREE mail, FREE domain fowarding ans so much more +++ PROFESSIONAL and polite representatives that actually TALK to you on the phone (even hlep you to set up your E-Mail in OUTLOOK)etc. I had 150 domains that expired at different dates. I started in 2000 with Register.com and for 4 years they made me absolutely livid. I was new at buying and maintaing a domain and it seems that they capitalize on those who are inexperienced. AT Reg.com if I wanted any of my domains forwarded to an existing website there was a $99 per year charge for that (to have it forwarded without REGISTER.COM BANDINGS at top an bottom) They had NO device or program in place to pay for multiple renewals and they charged $35 per year. E.G if you had to renewal 20 domains you had to do them one at a time. In my case I once got my Discover bill with 89 separate charges from REG.COM instead of ONE charge for the full balance. When I found a cheaper and better domain service they say (ONLY AFTER I WAS GOING TO LEAVE) THEY too have NAMEBARGAIN.com (thank you after many THOUSANDS of wasted DOLLARS) I tried a bunch over to NAMEBARGAIN and the same crap upon renewals and same $$ to have the domain forwarded to an active website. In disgust and the biggest DOMAIN blessing ever ... I found GODADDY.COM which is the best DOMAIN service out there in my opinion. They Transfered ALL my domains, gave me 2 years for the price of one ($9.95 then now cheaper in volume) free domain forwarding, free email, and just so pleasant to actually call and get an answer and all the help you need from an educated and polite representative. GO GODDADDY !!! all the way !!! You won't be disappointed. At GODADDY you can buy your domain and anything else you may want later on including websited, online FILE FOLDER 1GB and bigger. LARGE CORPORATE MAIL for a trivial fee. etc. SEE FOR YOUR SELF AND COMPARE. DON'T listen to my rants go look for yourself.

eb1d6d39, 2009-10-03, 02:11PM CDT

Thanks for recommending go daddy for website hosting. i've been using register.com and up until this point had between 5-10 different sites set up. i was trying to help a friend set up their site, and made the mistake of using register.com. my friend paid me, i paid register and had the account under my name (for convenience). i then tried to transfer the site to my friend and that's when this version of register "racket" began. i'm told to pay 2 fees. 1 to transfer, and 1 to "keep the site", otherwise they'll erase it.

i'm transferring all sites away from register once i figure out the best vendor (i'll try go daddy first).

thanks