Protron LCD TV

Posted on Saturday, November 4th, 2006 at 4:26pm CST by 208edd7b

Company: Protron LCD TV

www.protronusa.com

www.shopnbc.com

I purchased two LCD TV’s from shopnbc.com on or about 7-2005. I realize they are about six months out of warranty. The sad fact is shopnbc.com has misled the American public on these TV’s. I carried the TV to an authorized TV repair technician for repair. The TV cannot be repaired due to the way the TV is made and no parts. He said basically the TV is a throw away and what the companies do is to replace the TV with a new one. I want to some way tell the American public not to purchase off brand LCD TV’S especially Protron from shop nbc.

fc196c0a, 2008-01-12, 05:31PM CST

i am the latested victim of shop nbc and protron

67dfd489, 2008-01-12, 05:58PM CST

I have the exact same problem. I bought two 10" PROTRON portable tv/DVD players for our vehicles and 3 months after the year warranty expired BOTH TVs will not work and speakers went out in both of them. I too bought them from ShopNBC at Thanksgiving for Christmas and that Jim Peterson guy on Shop NBC staked is reputation on them saying how they have been in business and stand by their product. You call a 1-800Number they give you for PROTRON and speak to someone in another country and all they tell you is take it to your local repair shop. I have sent it too Radioshack and Sears and both have told me they cannot fix because they cannot get any parts from Protron. ShopNBC will not do anything to make it good or help find a solution in any way. This has really turned me off to ShopNBC and I will never buy another product from them. And you do not see that Jim Peterson on ShopNBC any more either. I paid over $700 for both of them and it makes be disgusted with the whole situation.

61627ade, 2008-01-16, 09:42AM CST

DO NOT PURCHASE ANY PROTRON TV'S FROM SHOP NBC OR ANY OTHER TELEVISON SHOPPING OUTLET! My tv has been defective since nearly day one...horrible static that does not respond even to the volume control. It is not normal static but screaming static with lots of blasts mixed in. I got it to work for a short period of time...until my husband turned it off..the only way to keep the volume working was to leave it on 24 hours a day. My husband came in and turned off my daughters tv...she's been without one ever since due to the outrageous static that blows you out of the room...there goes $800.00. I have called all the local shops..no one will touch it due to it being an off brand...we are out a lot of money and don't know when i can offort to purchase another. It is also out of warranty...by a few months. Just DON'T buy one of these....its been a nightmare.

b17d52d8, 2008-02-06, 03:31PM CST

Parts are readily available for the Protron sets.Which I will agree are junk, but repairable none the less. The shop you took it to just didn't want to fool with it.

f0fecda8, 2008-02-10, 11:39AM CST

Where can you get parts for protron lcd tv's. Is there a company you can order them from online?

0842063d, 2008-02-19, 03:18PM CST

Amen to that. I too bought a Protron 32" LCD TV from ShopNBC. It had a 1 year parts/labor in-home Warranty. The TV was purchased July 2006 and started having problems January 2007. I called Protron tech support and they never sent anyone to my home, they suggested some manaul routines which we did. I called them several times in 2007. This year I have called them 3 times. Now they tell me I have burnt pixels and I need to call a repair person. Where was this advice or tech support in January 2007, now my warranty is up.

Are there any more ways to contact the public.

d6d0828c, 2008-02-25, 11:52AM CST

I purchased A 37 inch LCD on March 16, 2007 at a cost of $979.98. I ordered this TV to go into new room I was adding to my home. At the time I order the TV the room was not finish so I didnot open the carton the TV was in until May 14' 2007 when I turned the TV on all I got was a blue screen. I followed all of the direction on how to work the TV. I could not get the TV to work all. I made several calls to Shopnbc I explained the problem with the TV I was told Shopnbc was not going to do any for me because, I had waited more than 30days to call to report the problem.I started calling the Warranty company about the problem with the TV. I was told all I needed was a new remote control. It would take two week to get the remote. I called every two week checking on the remote each time I call would call I was given time of three week more, this want on until 11/13/2007. On that date I was told A replacement TV should be instock in about 15 days and would be sent at that time, I am still waiting and that the TV in now no longer in stock, it will be another two weeks. On 1/10/2007 I was told to return the TV they received the TV on 1/21/2007 I call last week and today I was told the replacement TV is no longer in stock. Now that the TV has been returned now Shopnbc is trying to sue me for payment

8c8337b7, 2008-02-27, 11:31AM CST

I bought my tv from Sears and I can not find a place with tech.info.It has a gray to black image in the screen.The product name is Protron 35 incn.LCD.

712b99e3, 2008-04-04, 08:23PM CDT

I purchased 2 Protron HD (ready) LCD's, 32" & 27" from shopnbc. I purchased the extended 2 yr. warranty that gave me 3 yrs. total. A gasket that i assume seals the back to the screen has slipped and is visible at the top right of the screen. I have not requested warranty or looked for a repair shop. These Protrons are a lower end Canadian product that is attempting to sell low dollar / high volume products. On a scale from 1-10, they are a 2 in my opinion. I just purchased a high end Sony 52" Bravia to replace the Protron.

Keith NJ

9f579008, 2008-04-24, 12:58PM CDT

I too have the same problem with my protron tv and cannot find a number to call to talk to tech support. If anyone can tell me what to do or who to talk to then I would very much so appreciate it :) Email me with any news or suggestions, please.

9c9eed17, 2008-05-05, 06:45PM CDT

I bought 3 26inch protron t.v.s and 2 are not working I took them to sears for I diagnostic check and was charged $120.00 for them to tell me that they need a new power board each and they were only one month out of warrenty and sears told me it would cost me $300.00 a T.V so a total of $600.00 I have hade T.V's for over 15 years with no problems but these PROTRON T.V'S are a piece of junk and I thought sears would honor what they sell but they didn't so I will never buy anything from sears again.

3dd6415e, 2008-05-17, 12:20PM CDT

I bought a 48" LCD TV from Protronic. Mine just started changing colors, red, blue, green, whie, black, it lasts approx. 30 sec. each color and it flickers when all this starts. I got online to see if others were having problems with them. Um.... There seem to be alot of complaints about Protron! Mine also started AFTER the warranty ran out!

3f9c8529, 2008-05-30, 03:53PM CDT

I to have a major problem with a protron T.V. purchased atr Sears 16 mos. ago. Protron nor Sears, will do anything about it!!!!! Why can't all 3500 of us find a layer to take the cases on consignment, and SUE SUE SUE????

da10f376, 2008-06-20, 11:11PM CDT

6-20-08 My Protron 32" flat screen just went out an hour ago. I also purchased ShopNBC May 2005. There's a signal via Comcast and we tried to reset & went through all troubleshooting to no avail. Any idea of a tech support phone number? Website was no help. If it has to be tossed, where do you take it to dispose safely? E

f573b15b, 2008-07-05, 05:29PM CDT

I bought a Protron 32 LCD 2 years ago on ShopNBC. The TV simply stopped working three months ago. It would not turn on. I changed batteries in the remote, checked the cord, changed surge protectors, and switched outlets--nothing!

f573b15b, 2008-07-05, 05:30PM CDT

I bought a Protron 32 LCD 2 years ago. The TV simply stopped working three months ago. It would not turn on. I changed batteries in the remote, checked the cord, changed surge protectors, and switched outlets--nothing!

4f08b05e, 2008-07-06, 12:44PM CDT

I also was duped.. I thought I was buying Proton Corp. product, which has good reputation in video monitors in the 90's. this fake "Prot"R"on" product has no support. I will NEVER again purchase from SHOP NBC... NEVER. I will tell as many people as I can not to purchase for SHOP NBC... Blatent misleading with NO SUPPORT for the product.

37461d53, 2008-07-09, 03:56PM CDT

im willing to buy it for parts if you cant fix problem

be4c1943, 2008-07-14, 02:51PM CDT

I have a Protron DVD Recorder (model # PD-DVR100). I need a new remote control for it as the box I received the recorder in was destroyed and I can't find my manual for it either. I need to get in touch with Protron to see if I can get a new remote control for this unit. Anybody that could send me a phone number for the company or Tech Support, I would be grateful. Thanks in advance. You can reach me at the e-mail at the bottom of this letter.

Cya, Bill Netter

E-Mail Me At: [email protected]

9b756b12, 2008-07-22, 05:56PM CDT

Don't let Shop NBC pull that horse crap, I purchased one of these garbage TV's too from them I luckily enough I bouth the 3 yr protection plan. Yea I had to ship across country but I got every dime of my money back from SHOP NBC because it couldn't ne repaired. I rode them hard about this piece of crap TV and won, so don't give up, tell them you'll see them in court with all their misrepresentations on this sets. I was not told when I purchased warranty I was going to have to ship it across country either. With my refund I purchased a Sony Bravia locally and have an IN HOME warranty this time. Live and learn the hard way.....

9b756b12, 2008-07-25, 07:51AM CDT

I am now dealing again with Protron on a 10" portable DVD player/TV LCD that the battery has gone bad in and of course is a special battery, I got ahold of Spectron as they are now called and first said part wasn't availabe and then changed it to they were on back order. Line of crap is what it is. I said how much are they and he couldn't even tell me, and I believe that is because they don't exist. I can't believe that ShopNBC even got involved with such a shady company in the first place when there are so many good ones out there. I too bought a Sony Bravia and an in home warranty from a local dealer. Definately buyer beware on those shopping channels.

d4e5c3f6, 2008-10-11, 05:59PM CDT

I also bought 3 TV's from Shop NBC the one I am having problems with is the 32 inch PRotron. All of a sudden the picture goes blank for no reason. It is so frustrating that no one backs there product. I wondered why SHop NBC no longer carried them. I was a loyal Shop NBC customer but not anymore best buy is where I will by my new TV.

03067dca, 2008-10-30, 10:23AM CDT

I PERCHASED 1 PLTV-4250 IN 2006 AND INSTALL IT 08-08 ALL I SEE IS RED WHITE BLUE AND GREEN ANY SUGGESTION TO HAVE IT UP AND RUNING

e556336b, 2008-11-02, 07:00PM CST

I also purchased 32" Protron TV from ShopNBC. It just went out on me. Where can I get parts to fix it. I need the power supply caard. I can't seem to get in contact with anyone using the toll free number and the website is not available.

3e54c118, 2008-11-08, 01:27PM CST

i bought a protron pltv-3250 hd lcd tv from kmart in feb 2007. it just quit on me in sept 2008.i cant seem to get any assistance.the website and the phone number are unavailable.what can i do?

several other people have the same problem on some other websites.

PLEASE HELP so other consumers wont get ripped off.

5ec19e6d, 2008-11-10, 09:15AM CST

My Protron went out Friday,without warning.2 years old. Floor model from store,no paperwork what's up with it?

58fb5ce2, 2008-11-11, 12:09AM CST

Why on earth will ShopNBC do this to us. I am having the same issues with a 32" Protron LCD tv. No sound at all , was about to take it for repairs and try to read about it when i found that i was not the only victim of this scam. I knew it was too good to be true. If you are planning to buy a non-branded TV system think twice.

df307e01, 2008-11-13, 12:20AM CST

My daughter's Protron just quit as well...I found this on the web. It might be helpful to you.

c70a5e82, 2008-11-22, 05:19PM CST

November 22, 2008... I too purchased this protron 32" hdtv from shop nbc. I hhave used it since april or may of 2005 and the power thing went right after the extended warranty expired. I went to ebay, put in the part number and paid the $129.00 for the part and it works again. Not happy with shop nbc and won't buy anything from them again but the $129.00 saved me from buying a new tv.

61cfbf8a, 2008-12-10, 04:35PM CST

I spent $1,700.00 on this peice of junk in 2005 from shop NBC. I trusted NBC, what a mistake! My tv works at the moment but the keys on the remote have to be pressed 3 or more times to change channels. Sadly, or even sadder, the company, I was told is out of business.

ac8bb662, 2009-01-08, 09:29PM CST

My Protron 37" LCD died completely after just 3 weeks of a great tv. The money is gone. I'm ticked off! I want my money back due to all these complaints listed. Is there a class action lawsuit anywhere out there?? We need our money back for this junk!

f9638d03, 2009-01-09, 04:20PM CST

I also purchased the Protron pltv32 nearly 4 years ago. Guess Im lucky because my adapter power supplu just went out today. I will never buy another unknown brand tv again in my life. Can't seem to find anyone to fix this set. Fixya.com did give some options.

fb44f6d4, 2009-01-21, 08:32PM CST

I PURCHASED A TV FROM KMART ALSO JAN -O8 AND IT JUST WENT OUT YOU CANT GET INTOUCH WITH NO ONE THIS IS CRAZY KMART SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THERE PRODUCT IM GOING TO CALL THE NEWS PEOPLE MAYBE WE CAN GET SOME HELP

5f4af4b2, 2009-01-28, 08:06PM CST

If anyone has a pltv3250 that went out because of a power supply I will buy it from you because I need to replace a cracked screen.

f943ce0b, 2009-02-07, 10:58PM CST

what would you pay for a 26" that won't turn on?

ccccfcba, 2009-02-16, 02:06PM CST

we have a 2005 protron pltv and the sound has gone it cracks for 45 min till it warms up enough to get sound. if it cant be fixed i have a power cord if anyone wants it. [email protected]

34e52737, 2009-02-16, 05:51PM CST

GUESS I'M ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES...NOT!

I BOUGHT A "PROTRON" 37" LCD FROM HHGREG IN JULY 2007. 13 MONTHS LATER I SEE A DARK ARCH-LIKE STREAK START TO APPEAR ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF SCREEN, GROWING LONGER AND DARKER WITH EVERY USE, AND IN THE DARK AREA IT GETS EXTREMELY HOT, MUCH MORE SO THAN THE REST OF THE SCREEN ...WHEN IT HAS BEEN OFF FOR AWHILE IT IS MUCH FAINTER, BUT WITHIN 30 MIN. OR SO IT IS BACK AND LOOKING WORSE BY THE MINUTE. AND NOW I JUST NOTICED A NEW CURVED ARCH LIKE STREAK STARTING IN THE CENTER, APPARENTLY IT HAS BEGUN SOME FORM OF ASEXUAL REPLICATION...

THE MORE I WATCH IT THE SICKER I GET OVER HAVING BOUGHT THIS CRAPPY TV, BUT CONTINUE TO DO SO JUST TO GET MORE TIME OUT OF THE THING BEFORE BITING THE BULLET AND PLAYING ROULETTE ON BUYING A NEW ONE...ALONG WITH PRAYING IT DOESN'T CATCH ON FIRE AND BURN MY HOUSE DOWN!

9c94bf3b, 2009-02-18, 02:22PM CST

I also purchased a Protron tv from shopnbc in 2007. It still works but need support information and there is no way to contact these people. Also, their customer support was the worst I've ever dealt with. Don't buy this product or deal with shopnbc. They don't stand behind what they sell.

b1e87f24, 2009-08-07, 11:36PM CDT

I too was duped. I bought the same Tv's around the same time you did. I thought it was quality like the guy on tv said. Instead I had a black rectangle square on the middle of the screen on certain channels that took a while to clear, now i have no sound. What do we do. Shop nbc won't do anything to help us. They lied when they said quality and stand behind the products. No way to get service for repairs. No way to reach the company protron, What do we do???

8c593433, 2009-08-23, 10:30AM CDT

I totally agree with you. When I got my tv it did not work right from the very begining and I could never get anyone to help me from shop NCB. Then when I stoped payments for that reason they tried to send it to collections. I fought and won. Lucky the collections dept had heard the same complaint from alot of consumers. Yeah, don't buy electronics from SHOP NBC!

b7b3c85f, 2009-08-28, 02:55PM CDT

Is anything being done...I too have a problem with this product with Shop NBC and have not been able to get a resolution

b7b3c85f, 2009-08-28, 02:58PM CDT

Has anyone received any resolve from Shop NBC.....I to am a victim ....32 in Protron LCD TV

b7b3c85f, 2009-09-05, 07:34PM CDT

I also have bought a Protron from ShopNBC and the adaptor doesnt work...asked for help being a good customer and this is my reply. With so many complaints on this item isnt there anything we can do....this is wrong.....cant we do a class action suit...

Dear Ms. Schaffner,

Thank you for your response. We apologize that we have not contacted you back regarding your issue with your Protron TV (order 42870351). Regrettably, we have been advised that ShopNBC has no recourse available to assist you in obtaining an AC adapter and the company who manufactured your TV is no longer in business. We would suggest searching online to see where else you may be able to purchase an adapter for the TV.

Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you for shopping with ShopNBC.

Regards,

Kris O.

Customer Service Representative

ShopNBC

bf695b72, 2009-09-07, 09:04PM CDT

Wow....I'm really shocked to read about all of these problems with Protron TV's.

I bought mine 4 years ago in 2005 and it still has a gorgeous picture.

The ONLY problem I have is that it's so old that it doesn't support HDCP through HDMI/DVI connection.

The TV itself still has one of the gorgeous pictures I've seen, even compared to newer TV's.

I believe that the TV itself was a sharp brand, but just had the Protron label on it. I don't know what this mess is about not being able to repair them.

01297ddd, 2009-09-09, 03:22PM CDT

I also purchased a LCD TV from shop nbc 42" 1-2007 the warranty expired one month earlier and the TV stop working and none of the local TV repair shops could repair the TV and shop nbc would not give me any help I will not purchases any thing else from shop nbc. I have purchase more the one computer from them and other items prior to this experience. They should be more concern for the costumers then to knowing advertise for a company that can not provide parts for repair of their product.

94530679, 2009-09-12, 10:14PM CDT

I also purchase 32" of protron flat screen TV from shopnbc.com and my power chord stop working and I could no longer use it. Is there anyone sell me a power chord so that I could still utilized this TV. I have no money to buy new one.

1fb26bac, 2009-09-15, 10:48AM CDT

I found an ac power supply on ebay that has worked great for about a year. I think I paid $99. I also won't buy anymore from shopnbc. Only buy from QVC now and ebay.

a4fefe84, 2009-09-22, 11:04AM CDT

I've fallen a victim of Protron too (September 2009). I bought my 32 inch lcd early 2007. It just went dead this month. I cannot get tech support! It is quite unfortunate! Can't a class action suit do them some teaching?

58e830b6, 2009-10-04, 10:29AM CDT

I have a Protron that has worked for a couple years...now I can't get a picture. Seems for the $$$ it should last longer. My old Sony has been working for 20 years!

e0eef1c8, 2009-11-19, 06:55PM CST

I also have a protron pltv-3750 tv hdmi cable and some function had NEVER worked from the start and no one has returned my calls or emails to fix the problem. shopnbc.com should be liable for these tvs and was involved with a company they did not research.

7719ca9a, 2009-11-25, 12:18AM CST

DING-DONG, THE BITCH IS FINALLY DEAD...

JUST A RECAP ON MY PROTRON 37" LCD BOUGHT JULY 2007 FROM HHGREG THAT DEVELOPED THE DARK ARCH...

I CAME HOME FROM HAVING JUST BOUGHT MYSELF AN EARLY CHRISTMAS GIFT, A NEW EXPENSIVE LAPTOP INSTEAD OF A NEW LCD, DETERMINED TO GET ALL I COULD OUTA THAT PRO-CRAP-TRON TV. AFTER PLAYING WITH MY NEW TOY FOR A FEW HOURS, I GOT READY TO WATCH STREAKY TV AT 8:00...

AND ABOUT 10 MINUTES INTO THE SHOW, POOF!!! SCREEN WENT BLACK, TOTALLY DEAD, AS THE AUDIO

MOCKINGLY CONTINUED TO PLAY, AS IF ALL WAS WELL!!

I JUST SAT THERE AND BEGAN LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY, DOING MY BEST TO STOP MYSELF FROM PUTTING MY FOOT THROUGH THE THING AND POSSIBLY GETTING ELECTROCUTING.

AND AS AN INTERESTING NOTE, I FOUND OUT WHO MAKE MY PROTRONIC PIECE OF CRAP...

LG-PHILLIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cb886b8f, 2009-11-30, 12:13AM CST

I also have a 32 " Protron paperweight.

It was a gift to my disabled brothers 50th Birthday . He now watches a little 14 " zenith his roommate lets him borrow I recon it's about 15 yrs old and works great if yu just scooch the chair a couple feet from it . Wow I am truley convinced evolution is in reverse

You can laugh or you can cry Or Better yet exspose the rapist of America

36e8a296, 2009-12-06, 04:07PM CST

I am looking for the factory tv stand for this tv..would you by chance want to sell your? [email protected]

27007ceb, 2009-12-23, 03:24PM CST

I to have purchased a 37 inch Protron from shopnbc on 4/9/2007. And on 11/12/09 sent it out for repair under the service plan that I payed 129.99 for. when the tv started to smoke and smelled like something burning. they said they fixed it but 3 weeks when buy and the tv broke agin so I shiped it out agin. and the tv came back not fix and damage.call shopnbc and they saidnothing they can do. still under warranty. so I am out 899.99

ead82309, 2010-02-10, 02:00AM CST

Time to get out the old baseball bat I'm paddling in the same boat, the thing that sucks the most is how much we paid for this stuff as compared to what they are now ^O^

0026228e, 2010-02-11, 12:02PM CST

I purchased a Protron 32" tv last yr. on-line. It just went dead last night. Just quit. Won't turn on just completely dead. Can't get in touch with company. What a rip. I will not buy on-line again. This company, Protron televisions should be outlawed.

0026228e, 2010-02-11, 12:04PM CST

dde94e67, 2010-03-01, 05:57PM CST

I TOTALLY AGREE! Shop NBC led me to believe that this Protron TV would last 20 or 30 yrs or more, I, too, bought mine about the same time you did (notice they don't sell them anymore-I don't think-I've quit dealing with ShopNBC!) and have had gradually fading sound problems. Today NO SOUND at all and it's only about 5 yrs old!

b11e95ae, 2010-03-02, 07:33PM CST

We too, purchased Protron LCDTV 32" 4years ago and just went dead today. We bought the TV at SHOPNBC. Did call the company but no avail. I will shop online again, especially to SHOPNBC.

3020449a, 2010-03-07, 11:56PM CST

To late already happened to us. Just won't do nothing. Don't have a box or anything anymore. Thought they were better made then that.

a3a69acb, 2010-03-08, 04:28AM CST

I puchased one LCDTV with the model no. PLTV-3250 of the serial no.YT32TN0638C2057 and the mfg date-16/9/2006 with due resfect i would like send a complained of the recycles of its source from the selected one that it would not take a minimum of 10 minutes it would change.

0b06aa93, 2010-03-21, 09:04PM CDT

We bought a proton 32 in LCD tv on 3/16/07. We even purchased a 3 year warranty. Just today 3/21/10, it just went dead. It won't even turn on, and our course we are 5 days past the warranty!! We tried to call the company but couldn't find a # anywhere. Wouldn't recommend this chunk brand to anyone!

c590ad2d, 2010-04-16, 11:30AM CDT

My husband and I too purchased 27 and 32 inch Protron LCD tv's. Now the 27 inch is still working and it's probably only because our 17 year old only uses it for gaming. The 32 inch died on us about 8 months ago and we finally took it to a tv shop and the guy said that the main module went out and he has no idea where to get the part. While trying to find a phone number for the company, I stumbled upon this web site and see that I pretty much just need to buy a new tv. This is so sad and ridiculous. People have spent their hard earned money on what has now become a piece of junk.

c590ad2d, 2010-04-16, 01:41PM CDT

I located a web site called shopJimmy.com and they sell Protron parts. My main board went out on my 32 inch television and the television service guy didn't know where to get the part, so when he told me that he couldn't find the part I began my search and found ShopJimmy.com. Good luck.

02e3d027, 2010-05-05, 10:10AM CDT

You all got lucky with your tv's i bought mine from a vanns and it lasted only 14 days past the warranty....lucky for me, we will see what comes of this, i will report on if they can fix the problem or not...completely dead for no reason

ba1f0f76, 2010-05-17, 10:21PM CDT

we bought our 32" protron at sears 4 years ago and it to is a peice of junk. It loses the signal and goes to the blue screen so you have to click the source button to get back to the right source to get your picture back. Been doing this since we owned it and we thought it was weak cable signal. Now we know its the tv and were off warranty. Sometimes it will do this a dozen times in half hour. Makes it hard to watch a show.

80ffacc2, 2010-06-13, 04:43PM CDT

If you have a static problem thats an easy fix if you have a stereo with aux inputs. Just unscrew the back plate of the tv and unplug the internal speakers and the sound will stop. But to have sound you must then use inputs from your stereo and outputs from your cable box. I did it and worked fine until i got the annoying flickering color distortion on the screen :/

2a868aac, 2010-06-16, 02:29PM CDT

I have a PROTRON PLTV-3750 that still works but I lost the remote control & as stated in previous comments, there is no way to contact the company. They are also known as "SPECTRONIQ" but still no way to contact them. It appears that they are out of business or have been absorbed by another company. Does anyone have a remote control from their 37" Protron/SpectronIQ LCD tv that they no,longer need?? Please help.

1d596bc4, 2010-06-17, 10:26PM CDT

returned my protron pltv 3250 ---new tv one was sent but without a power cord----they would not send a power cord---shopnbc washed their hands of the matter---where can i get a power cord for a protron pltv 3250

2a868aac, 2010-06-19, 04:53PM CDT

I have a 37" protron pltv-3750 that DOES still work and lost the remote. I don't known if your tv is still working but if it is not do you still have the remote? Maybe we can make a deal?? I have been through all the steps to contact the company & they just don't exist any more.

2a868aac, 2010-06-19, 04:56PM CDT

I have a 37" protron pltv-3750 that DOES still work and lost the remote. I don't know if your TV is still working but if it is not do you still have the remote? Maybe we can make a deal?? I have been through all the steps to contact the company & they just don't exist anymore.

2a868aac, 2010-06-19, 05:00PM CDT

c0765761, 2010-06-22, 10:24PM CDT

I wish that i would have know about this before i got this tv i have it 28 days and the thing just quick and i took it in and they said they can not and will not deal with this kind of tv due to no parts and no way of getting them. I want my money back now.

190126dc, 2010-07-13, 05:03PM CDT

Go buy a universal remote.

81668571, 2010-07-14, 09:46AM CDT

i have the same problem with these protron TV's. just two days ago my power supply stopped working.know i need to buy a replacement.does anyone know where can i get one. AS PER YOUR remote control go to www.remotes.com

9245a94e, 2010-07-14, 02:21PM CDT

Our Protron tv has no sound! The tv first started crackling when you turn it on. The loud crackling last for a while and then the sound comes on. It been like that for a few months and now there is no sound. I don't know if it is worth it to take to repair or not. We are going to buy a new name brand TV.

70340b40, 2010-08-11, 09:13PM CDT

I bought TWO! Protron TVs and BOTH! lost the sound. 1 lost sound a long time a ago and I put it aside and thought someday I'll take it in for repair. 1 I'm still using but like you said, the speakers crack when I turn on the tv and then the sound comes on after awhile. The one I'm still using also has a water mark from right to left consuming 1 whole half of the screen. After reading all these complaints,I guess these tvs can't be repaird. Got mine on SHOPNBC too. FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD!

cbc0e4bb, 2010-08-17, 06:57PM CDT

Shopnbc ripped me off too.My protron has stopped working.Just doesnt come on anymore.I need a power cord but cant find the part.If someone has one will really appreciate.

cf245095, 2010-09-09, 07:33PM CDT

I have a 32 inch protron some one gave me without a power cord would you sell me yours if you throw your tv out?

942fd66d, 2010-10-22, 01:29PM CDT

sure just make me an offer my tv stopped yesterday and now I have no need for it

942fd66d, 2010-10-22, 01:31PM CDT

1ba9e294, 2010-12-02, 02:59AM CST

If you have not thrown your TVs yet, I will be glad to purchase it from you. Email me at [email protected]

918a876b, 2010-12-13, 02:58PM CST

I bought my Protron 32 in from Sears about four years ago....it just quit working a month ago...black screen, no sound....DEAD. I would be all for a class action suit.

6df7d8a9, 2010-12-29, 11:23PM CST

WOT HAD BEING DON ABOUT ALL COMPLAINTS?

Protron HDMI 32 INCH tv. It shut off while we were watching a movie. It will not come back on.IS ANY RECALL ON THESE TV

6051e80d, 2011-01-03, 06:39AM CST

I did the same thing, from shopnbc and had the same problem. My experience with shop nbc is just as bad as the Protron tv. THEY WILL NOT STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SELL ! Once you buy it it is your problem. I will never do business with them again, and being a bit of a public figure where I live I have made sure everyone I know is aware of their tactics, not like shop nbc cares but every little bit of negative publicity helps !

My 2 Protrons never lost power they just decide to change their signal input from say svidio to hdmi 1 or anything else they decide would be the most aggrivating at the time, and they both do the same thing. After I realized that there was no help out there for my problem I decided that since I had nothing to loose I would do my own kind of "fine tuning" and proceeded to beat the hell out of them and as is usual when all else fails a bit of violence may be in order and the problems for the most part are solved although they do need a little reminder from time to time. If you need any help I have become a fine tuning consultant so i now will accept PayPal and be more than happy to help you solve your Protron problems.

7cc12481, 2011-01-31, 08:08PM CST

I also purchased 2 LCD TV's from shopNBC the small one 37" lost it's picture and I am about to take it into the repair shop. Before I do, is it true that they cannot get parts.

b7f0e09e, 2011-02-13, 04:32PM CST

Bought 2 Protron LCDTV from Shop NBC in 2006.Now the TV is dead.No picture or sound.I live on fixed income & can not afford another TV.No one will help you.Not Shop NBC & can not get ahold of Protron LCDTV.What can I do to get help,does anyone know? Will never buy on Shop NBC again.Why does Protron TV stand by there TV's ?

4177b729, 2011-02-22, 06:43PM CST

I am have the same issue. Shop NBC was not willing to help or assist in any matter. If there is a class action suit please include me. I was totally misled, was under the impression from my past experience with SHOPNBC that I was dealing with a reputable company.

They sell how many televisions a day are those people headed down the same path. Why would shop NBC not back the product that they sell...........I feel betrayed by SHOPNBC

b0739826, 2011-04-07, 02:12PM CDT

I also bought a protron 37" LCD TV on 1-25-06 last night the screen went black 5 seconds after I turned it on. And yes I bought mine from Shopnbc too.

7499ae3b, 2011-12-16, 10:20AM CST

I also bought a ptotron tv from shop nbc ahere you got 2 for the price of one . now it want talk and it make a crackling noise that is hard to listen too. I want satification

4e632c89, 2011-12-27, 05:10PM CST

PLTV-27NW30 purchased at defunct 6TH AVENUE ELECTRONICS in NY. in 2006. Sound is audible with huge gun blasts. Screen has unchangeable vertical green line and black horizontal line. unmitigated piece of junk. no recourse.

e42ee937, 2012-03-19, 04:22PM CDT

I also had the same problem, if you know of a lawsuit please email me at floridahomeshow.com

Thank you.

e138a309, 2012-04-08, 01:46PM CDT

I also bought the deal of the century a two for, 32" and the tag-a-long 27" Protron that was HD ready!!!(no HDMI setup), but they played pretty good for some time,.... then the day came when these TVs that was going to last forever started to make a loud static sound that over shadowed the audio from the tv, I too send it out to a TV service that told me there was no parts available to fix the set but that he'd buy my set for parts. I then consulted the ANSWER MAN who told me it needed a replacement main circuit board and that I should try SHOP JIMMY. SHOP JIMMY had the board and the cost was about $85. It took about 3 weeks to come and with baited breath I couldn't wait to put the new board in place.....STILL THE NOISE CAME FROM THE SET....no one has been able to fix this problem, thank god only the 27" is affected the 32" has played like a champ since 2005, but I'm now ready to throw away the 27" or maybe sell it on CRAIG'S LIST or EBAY for parts, if anyone out there is interested email me at ([email protected]) make me an offer