Primus Telecommunications Canada Inc. - (Thread:716089)

Posted on Tuesday, November 28th, 2006 at 2:54pm CST by fcab0cae

Company: Primus Telecommunications Canada Inc.

Location: 5343 Dundas St.W., Suite 400
ETOBICOKE, ON, M9B 6K5, CA

Category: Telecommunications

November 27, 2006

Primus Telecommunications Canada Inc.

5343 Dundas St.W., Suite 400

Etobicoke, Ontario

M9B 6K5

Attention: Customer Representative

Dear Sir/Madam

Account # 110223008 - To follow-up to my letter of November 26, 2006:

As per my telephone conversation with your customer representative Mark on November 24 I have contacted Bell in regard to the overlap of charges to my internet and phone services between your company and Bell.

As I stated during my phone conversation, I had no service with you as of November 3, 2006 when my phone service was transferred back to Bell. As you are aware I was not able to log onto your internet service from that date forward. Please see attached a copy of my phone bill that shows a credit of $18.64 on for the period October 11 to November 9, 2006 and then a charge for the period from the 3rd of November to the 9th of November (for those days when I was returned to service with Bell).

I am totally appalled with the charges that you have applied to my credit card without my knowledge. I transferred my phone and internet services to your company because I understood that there was no contract to sign and I would be saving money monthly. On many occasions, I was unable to contact some of the long distance and local numbers that I call regularily. I had to use my cellular phone for some important calls that I had to make. I really had no choice but to return to Bell services as soon as possible. I had service with your company from the 12th of October to the 3rd of November and payed $134.57. That is quite a substantial payment for the lack of service I received.

The special you were offering me (with no strings attached) was $69.95 a month for both the phone and internet service. I really cannot see how you feel justified in charging me $134.57 for 23 days of which I had little to no access to local and long distance services and internet. It is not fair that I would have to pay your outrageous invoice, pay the usage charges incurred on my cell phone to complete the calls that I could not make on my home phone and have no internet services for more than 2 weeks..

Please review my invoice and send me an explanation and re-imbursment for the overcharges.

I would appreciate a timely response to this and my previous letter.

Sincerely,

Bonnie

cc. Bell Canada Case Postale 8712 Succ Centre-Ville, Montreal, QC H3C 3P6

cc. Consumer Complaints ( COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_61537#)

cc: Secretary General, CRTC, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0N2

> From: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_61875#

> To: COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_1579#

> Subject: Re: Telephone and internet service overbilling Acct # 110223008 (Thread:716089)

> Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:53:09 -0400

> Dear Mrs. Tomasso,

> Ref. Account # 110223008

> Thank you for your recent email communication to Primus Canada.

> I regret to inform you that, due to security reasons, we do not open any

> documents sent by email. You are welcome to reply to this message in text

> format and fax your document to the following toll free number:

> 1-800-340-4919.

> For more information on our services & our Terms and Conditions, please do

> not hesitate to visit our website at www.primustel.ca

> Please do not hesitate to communicate with us via email anytime if you have

> any additional questions.

> Thank you for contacting Primus Canada.

> Sincerely yours,

> Manon

> Email Response Associate

> Primus Canada

> Residential Customer Service

> ----- Original Message -----

9e4d0f92, 2008-12-10, 06:21PM CST

Re: Primus Triple Value Bundle Rip Off

The above web address carries an ad as listed below

Save over $49 a month! Let's compare:

Primus Bell Rogers

Home Phone

Calling Features

High Speed Internet (7Mbps, not Lite)

Unlimited Long Distance (Can/U.S.) Included

Included

Included $40.94

$42.94

$24.95 $42.17

$47.95

$19.95

Network Charge $0 $5.95 $5.95

Total $64.95 $111.79 $107.03?

Monthly Savings with Primus Triple Value Bundle $49.84 $42.08

I signed up for this service after checking the availability etc with postal code for the service listed at $64.95 and received a confirmation as follows:-

??We are pleased to confirm that your order for Home Phone service shows

completed as of November 7. Please let us know if you are experiencing any

difficulty, however.??

Interesting enough I get my first bill in December at 84.95 per month, an e-mail, two customer service reps and a supervisor Celine ticket# 2204873 on Dec 10 2008 questioning the discrepancy was answered with absolute nonsense, rhetoric and an explanation that the site has a technical difficulty and the $64.95 offer was incorrect, I did advise them that the site processed the information and order after a postal code verification.

What is interesting is that I have been on this site two weeks prior to Nov 07 2008 with this so called better deal than Bell & Rogers however it is unknown to me how long they have been running this scam. Oct to Dec with a technical difficulty on their web site for customers to sign up for a price that is changed on their fist bill is criminal, it is hard to believe that the competition and the regulatory agencies in Ontario actually allows this type of business practice to go on.

Note I was fully aware of the fine print and the one year contract clause was only taken into account after I advised them and was then offered it at $74.95, a further discount of $5/- was offered by Celine if I accepted it, as if they were doing me a favour I advised her that was not the contractual obligation I signed up on the web site and that it is false advertising & illegal in Ontario to conduct business in that fashion, note had I acknowledged the $5/- discount offered by Celine that would be an acceptance (Variance) to the contract to which I signed on the web site smart little trick to pull on unsuspecting customers. One has to wonder how many customers are stolen away by Primus from their competition by this type of sleazy business practice.

This is not acceptable in any shape or form not withstanding all the other customers that have fallen victim to this outrageous practice.

Redress is not only warranted but demanded from this unscrupulous business practice

David Schokman