Charter Communications - Charter Communications Complaint - Charter SUCKS

Posted on Tuesday, November 28th, 2006 at 2:17pm CST by 15248218

Company: Charter Communications

Category: TV, Music, Video

I'm not the only complainer about Charter Communications. I'm one in a million people that thinks Charter SUCKS. On August 13 or so of this year I canceled my subscription and paid an outstanding balance to Charter high speed internet service. The four words after Charter in the last sentence is doublespeak to end all doublespeak. I had enough of Charter because in mid June I signed up for this $24.95 or $19.95 plan that ended up closer to 40$ even though I ordered nothing over what was advertised. So, I got fed up, paid 77 bucks (a mistake, I know) for their commercial LIE, <I owed from the previous bill, vacationed, and had to pay over the phone, oopsies, screw em' b/c they lie, Ha Ha!>

Things didn't happen my way, Ha Ha the joke is on me. I received another bill and had to cancel a month later. So, I called and cleared things up that evening. In reality I hung up the phone with apprehension because I had trouble understanding some of these people, plus they tried hard sell *me* more service for $29.95 a month. I unequivocally, emphatically told them NO. Note: The colorful language using gross, vulgar and villainous descriptions of taboo concepts SO REPULSIVE IT CAN'T BE FOUND ON THE *INTERNET*, is missing here but it was going through my mind. I want everyone to know how Charter makes you feel. To start, I was sorta normal on the phone during this second attempt to cancel. They insisted on repeatedly using language that annoyed me such as "disconnect now" like I never disconnected, or "stay with Charter", like I was staying with them during August and September, and should pay the money. I spent ~30 minutes hearing and exchanging BS with Charter clowns. The condescending help I got from Charter pushed me within an inch of kidnapping a random Charter representative and handing him to Iraqi religio-insurgents. Charter SUCKS.

The rest of the evening I fantasized all sorts of cruel intentions to Charter. Then at the end of October I get my next Charter bill for nearly 200 dollars and a notice I was being sent to a collections agency. After I unequivocally, emphatically told them NO, I ended up somehow -not- disconnecting -again-, even purchasing service that cost nearly DOUBLE the price they offered for me to 'stay' with Charter. Charter SUCKS.

October 24, 2006: I call and 'sort things out' again. This time I'm more assertive. Each sentence, phrase, comment, inquiry, or other communications I filled with nastiness. I insulted their brains, their English; I attacked every noun associated with Charter, grinding their face in hot salt. I was disconnected after about 15 minutes, then I got disconnected again after another few maybe 10 minutes, <that one was GLORIOUS!> then the third call I was innocently bounced back to the starting menu while they transferred me to a specialist of some kind. I kept sane by being the perfect jerk to them. The final phone call lasted 47 minutes. I highly recommend being a schmuck with Charter, the phone call will be satisfying.

At about this time I also returned this piece of equipment I forgot about and got a credit of 33 dollars. That was the only part they did credit me on the next bill, which came the other day. I called to tell them once more that YOU'RE NOT GETTING ONE PENNY (11/27/06) I discovered then and there, according to their record of my account, I'm buying their service AGAIN, all the way up to December 29. I was also being sent to a collections agency. Charter SUCKS! They SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!

The feller named Melvin from South Asia I talked with yesterday said I should call after 24 hours to confirm changes made to my account. I'm calling every day, idiotically, from now on until I get a zero balance statement. I must win; it is a moral imperative to disinfect these parasites that have no business tainting and under-developing our national communications network.

5a02780f, 2008-04-27, 09:15AM CDT

Your sure are 1 in a Million. Everyone complains about the cable company. Most people, like this moron, don't take the time to read up on what there buying. Everything has "Fine print" behind it. Read it. Stop bitching. Go buy the dish. You'll be back to cable before you know it

2f68cc7a, 2008-06-08, 02:28PM CDT

FUCK CHARTER THEY CAN LICK MY HAIR ASSHOLE YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS SUCK ON A BIG FAT COCK YOU FUCKING FUCKS SUCK MY FUCK CHARTER YOU AINT SHIT YOU FUCKING HONKEYS OBAMA IN 2008 YOU WHITE TRASH NIGGAZ WILL RULE YOU AHAHHAHAHAHAHHA FUCKING DUMB SHITS

80714a9b, 2008-07-21, 10:14AM CDT

I cannot agree with you more. I have been trying tofix misc. issues with Charter for over 6 months. The outdoor cable line has been laying on the ground for over 1 year. Many times they schedule an appoinment to come and bury the cable and they never show. I call and of course they show no record of the appointment and the day starts over giving them every detail and a promise from them that they would be here soon..I am not sure what country they are coming from but we are still waiting

7366b0ce, 2008-09-13, 11:40AM CDT

same thing happen to me started at 19.99 now its 69.99 and everyday i lose service for at least an hour and it happens multiple times a day i wish dsl was offered in my area cause i would definitly tell charter to take their shit service and stick it up there asses its highway robbery they take advantage of people just to get there pockets fatter fuck charter they need to be repremanded or something

807fc8c8, 2008-11-11, 11:53AM CST

We agree with you 100%! Its the only option here. we had no internet, had to swtitch to att, 25 dead cablebox's , and were not stupid enough to friggin siogn up for the telephone crap. plus theyre very stupid. damn them 2 hell!

8988b8d0, 2008-12-17, 01:44AM CST

Hell yes they do, they claim one thing and do another.... the internet is slower then dial up, and TOTALLY SUCKS

d32c3141, 2008-12-21, 07:32PM CST

Charter Communications has the worst customer service in the world. There technical support makes you feel like your an idiot. They treat you like your dumb and they talk to you like you dont know what your talking about. I will never ever in my life do business with charter communications again. & I will make sure that people know that they offer the worst service. Seems like they only care about there money. They like to just charge the credit cards left and rite but when it comes to provide service. they run like mice. I called to they them why im not under the promotion for the 16mb by 2up and they told me because i didn't get the plan that i had gotten the 5 by 1. Like i said charter communications is the worst company & I feel if they have lied to me than they will lie to everyone else. Charter You were a waste of my money and time. Go and lie to others becuase im done with you.

868505c5, 2009-01-25, 08:29PM CST

I agree, their internet service sucks. The conection keeps cutting in and out, their servers goes out every so often. I haven't been able to acces most websites for two days because of their server issues..they SUCK!!!!

80c9e002, 2009-07-11, 11:20PM CDT

I completelly agree with you. CHARTER SUCKS ASS!!! they are horrible at slipping in charges that you did not agree on, MOST HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE UNIVERSE and when you try to get them to come fix their faulty equipment that always has issues, you have to wait the whole F**ing day for an appointment that was supposed to have a 2 hour window, and they don't even have the GD courtesy to call and let you know they are running late. THanks Charter! definatelly ranks #1 ON MY SHIT LIST!! THIEVES!!

8ce0e05a, 2009-08-02, 09:41AM CDT

My bill was late but I payed on the 16th and Charter accepted the payment. Yet they cut off my phone and were going to cut off the rest of my service if I didn't pay them $93.00.

Now after showing them proof that they had received the money, they have charged me $250.00 and haven't done anything to alleviate the problem.

Their customer service sucks, in Pakistan, India, etc., and argued with me that they had returned the moneys 8 days later. I was looking at my account on line and there was no money credited back to my account.

I don't see how they are going bankrupt since they rip thier customers off.

ebb1cc80, 2009-08-27, 03:20PM CDT

Had Charter for Online internet and using Vonage as phone provider. We had nothing but problems. You get to the point were you want to scream at somebody .. but there is notbody to scream at because you there is notbody that understand your problem.!!! Charter F#@#@ Sucks!!! They do yes i concur! They go down at the times when I am taking my online exams! They always apologize bla bla bla bla bla bla went back to DSL never had problem so far!!!

ec9712c5, 2009-11-25, 10:09PM CST

YES, YES, YES, Let me count the ways Charter "Communications" sucks. (please note the quotes as communication is merely an advertising ploy) These FUC#$@RS have hosed me more times than I can count, raised the price while changing me to a 1/400th of paid for speed node was the last. Mt sister was talked into "super speed" service or whatever it is and she only does email once a week. (on-line only for email) Is there no GOD? People like these rate right up there with the bankers who screwed the American public out of their retirement. Is charter going to ask for tax dollars for their execs. next? WTF, if you can and most can, don't use any charter service. I've been victim to their crap service, and their crap service to fix the crap service for way too long. Thank God ATT is coming to town with their new U-Verse package, my neighbor has it and he raves about it, what ever you choose don't choose charter!!!

FYI: This blog took 2.4min. to load on my alleged 5meg line, put these SH&#S out of business!!!

711de074, 2009-11-25, 10:10PM CST

9ad04ac1, 2009-12-15, 04:26PM CST

Same here, they suck. It took them 7 appoints to get TV connected. It was they keep saying that the order didn't include connect the line from the street. And the second guy says the order was for connected the street only to the cable box. The third guy didn't ring the door bell. etc...

After the 4th time, I told them to forget it and I'm canceling, and they tried to save the account and gave me $161 of credit on the account. I took it, and it's the biggest mistake of my life. It took another 3 appointments to get it setup, each time with a different problem. The 6th time, the guy told me that I need an authorization from the HOA to open the cable box.

The manager of the complex just so happens to be there at that time and told the guy that's okay to go into the box, but he said that it has to be written and he was late for another appointment.

Anyway, we finally got it connected. About 30 days into the service, someone from collections called me and said my account is 45 days past due. I my monthly bill is $47.50, so I figured that they didn't apply the credit. So I called, in thinking that they didn't apply it. But it turned out that the credit was never applied an there were no records of it.

Does that suck. Overall, including hours on the phone, billing issues, and waiting for appointments we've probably spent 20-25 hours on this already working on this.

Go with the DirectTV or the Dish, or even U-Verse. DO NOT GET YOUR TV SERVICE WITH CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS.

84274c7a, 2010-01-06, 07:38PM CST

yeah, charter blows. it took a minute to load this page to tell you this. used to be unreliable, but now it is finally reliable - to fail.

8a36d390, 2010-01-17, 08:37PM CST

Heres one for you ,copyed and pasted:

Thank you for choosing Charter Chat Live! A Customer Care representative from HSD Support will be with you shortly.

You have been connected to TTD Ethel .

TTD Ethel : Thank you for contacting Charter Communications. My name is Ethel. How may I assist you?

Franklin : Mine is Frank ,ad id like to know why you are throdling my speed to a poit i cant even watch a movie on lone

TTD Ethel : I am sorry to hear about the difficulties that you are experiencing with your services.

TTD Ethel : I can definitely check on your connection and make sure that you are getting the best services from Charter.

TTD Ethel : May I have your name, account number, and the phone number listed on your account?

Franklin : the name is Barbara M. abner account

TTD Ethel : Also, please provide the MAC address of your cable modem which is located at the back or bottom of the modem itself.

Franklin :

TTD Ethel : May I please have your complete service address including the zip code?

Franklin : TTD Ethel : Are you using a router?

Franklin : no

TTD Ethel : I need you to run a speedtest at http://speedtest.charter.com.

Franklin : i did

Franklin : it sucked

Franklin : i know you all throdle internet when you think someone is running a p2p but im not

Franklin : i just want to watch a movie online

TTD Ethel : By the way, Franklin . I would like to inform you some details about your bill.

Monthly Rate: $145.98

Last Pay Date: 12/15/09

Receive Bill Date:FRIDAY, 01/08/2010

Billing Cycle: from 01/08/10 to 02/07/10

TTD Ethel : Your account is past due. Please pay

total amount due immediately to avoid further collection

activity and interruption of service.

TTD Ethel : If service is

interrupted, you will need to pay your full past due amount

and a reconnection fee to resume service.

TTD Ethel : I need you to process a payment on your account.

TTD Ethel : This could be the reason for your connectivity lags.

Franklin : we talked to the account manager on that it will get paid

TTD Ethel : Alright.

Franklin : because were late?

Franklin : thats bull.

TTD Ethel : But, I am unable to to send a signal to your modem unless you can process a payment on the account.

Franklin : you mean to tell me that because were late on a payment you can slow my internet

Franklin Abner: ill sue your ass

TTD Ethel : Yes, that could possibley be the reason for that.

Franklin Abner: ill report you to the bbb

Franklin Abner: this is the only time we have every been late and you say you do to us what you want

TTD Ethel : What is bbb?

TTD Ethel : I am sorry, but this is a system generated.

Franklin Abner: ill save this conversation and show it to the rest of your custumers

Franklin Abner: better buisness burugh

TTD Ethel : This will be notated on your account as well.

Franklin Abner: thats fine

TTD Ethel : Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Franklin Abner: i think its wrong because im behind you can shut down my internet speed

Franklin Abner: well see how that works when i post this all over the internet

TTD Ethel : Alright.

TTD Ethel : Is there anything else I can help you with today?

bd9f53b0, 2010-01-20, 02:34PM CST

Where to begin: I ordered charter internet services for my wife for christmas. They were scheduled for December 26 between 3 and 5 pm. The first guy showed up and said it was too cold to hook up my internet and had every excuse in the book. I immediately re-scheduled for Jan 1. Second installer same problem, its too cold to climb the poll. I finally convinced him if he would hook it at the poll i would do the rest. After 10 minutes of excuses he finally sighed and gave in. Yes i did the rest myself. Upon leaving he noted the cable was strung across my neighbors yard and mine. He said someone would show within 3-5 business days to bury the cable. No dice, it's still strung across both of our yards. Today Jan 20 i call charter because i receive a bill in the mail saying i owe $129.00. You guessed it, not even close. To have the internet installed i had to write the installer an $80.00 check which customer service said could be deducted from my bill. "Like i was supposed to know this." Im not done yet, and i was warned by everyone i knew who has charter "DONT DO IT." Well i should have listened. As i called customer service today to find out about my bill they informed me that i was to pay $29.99 a month instead of the $19.99 Package i signed up for. Go ahead and look on their home page. Charter basic internet $19.99 a month. She informed me the installer gave me the Charter media package. What does this consist of? It is a wireless router and to avoid this extra ten dollars a month i would need to surrender my box to a local charter office for a regular router. What A SCAM! I am so mad at myself for even considering Charter, why didn't i listen to any one of the people who already have Charter. There is no complaint dapartment at Charter and you cannot understand anything the customer service rep is saying to you. So, after an hour on the phone asking her to repeat herself because she cannot talk english and i cannot talk arabic i realized the whole conversation could have been boiled down to about 5 minutes. Good thing they were not charging me for the call. I will be posting this comment anywhere and everywhere allowed. I want people to know what their experience will be like with Charter Communications.

48879fe0, 2010-01-23, 06:08PM CST

Too bad I can't give NO stars or negative stars. I cancelled my cable on 9/18/2009 because I got the new Verizon FIOS, which is great by the way. Brought the equipment down to their Irwindale location because I wanted to get rid of them once and for all. Got a receipt stamped all equipment returned and service cancelled. I had a remaining balance of $110.85 which I was told would take 6-8 Weeks. On 12/18/2009 (90 days later), I received a check for $38.38, I of course called and was transferred left and right, finally they said, you did not cancelled until October, I was furious and said I am looking at my receipt here. The lady on the phone said "well I can't see it so all I have to go by is what's in our system. You will have to go down to one of the offices and show them.

OKAY FINE, take 1/2 day off work to go and show the receipt, waited in line for 20 mins because all their customer service reps are incompetent. Everyone in line was disgusted on all long it took. Finally get to the counter, and speak with a Michelle. I told her my story and she gave me a hmmmm let me see, she begans to type and type and type. After about 12-15 mins, the lady next to her, probably the supervisor came over to help her....told her to do some stuff and she then told me that yes, there was some transfer of payment or billing in their system that's why the refund was messed up. Okay fine, Michelle says okay, you should get your check in 2-3 days. That was on 12/19/2009.

Today is 1/23/2010, I give them a call and speak with a Kita. She said oh, yeah, let me see......yes it shows that there was an order to process a refund check in the system but don't understand why, let me transfer you. I get transferred to a Jennifer who was the nicest and most professional person there. She takes another look, and says okay.....let me process this refund. She types and types and types. Okay, you should get your check in 30 days....BUT it can take up to 6-8 weeks. WTF!!!!!! So from 9/18/2009 to 1/23/2010 + 6-8 weeks ---3/23/2010

UP TO 6 MONTHS after cancelling to get my refund check?????? That's if I ever receive it!

b9b4f370, 2010-03-15, 06:41PM CDT

I had a problem with Charter recently. We have and only subscribed high speed internet from them for several years. However, this month, they AUTOMATICALLY added the advanced cable service into out account without our authorization. When I called them and asked them to remove the service, they refused because I am not the account holder. When I asked them, then who authorized you to add the cable service? Guess what, they said they cannot tell me. So, I asked my husband to call them, they told my husband that we DID subscribe the cable service. My husband was very mad, and asked them if they have any document indicating that we requested the cable service. Of course they have nothing. The only thing they could say was that there is a cable service in our account, and we have to pay for it because it is in our account. My husband kept on asking them to provide a document, finally, they said probably there was a system error, and they would like to give us a discount for the cable service. I have to say, that was very low of them. They added the cable service, and actually, there is NO single cable signal connected to our TV. How dare they can ask us to pay for NO SOGNAL cable service. Then, we refused, and told them, we do not need your cable service. They promised us to credit us the amount they have charged (for one and half months cable fee with total $97.30), and the adjustment will appear on our account two days later. Today, when I checked our account, they credit us PART of the cable fee ($72.18), and charged us the REMOVE THE SERVICE FEE ($1.99), and also, increase our high speed internet fee for $12.66 more per month without notifying us. What does Charter think? They think they can add any service into their customer???s account without authorization, and have no need to actually provide the service, and the customers have to pay for that? They think they can have system errors and the customers have to pay for THEIR MISTAKE? They think they can just increase the monthly fee without notifying the customers, and regardless of the contract we have signed?

Charter is the only provider in our area. I really wish I had other choice. I would never use Charter if I have choice.

d718290d, 2010-03-16, 02:45PM CDT

Charter communications has never been anything but a problem and the their employees are the best SOB's you will find. They will NOT help you unless you owe them money.

215caee6, 2010-03-30, 09:28PM CDT

Charter sucks. HD sucks. Incompetent dickholes.

f2add8df, 2010-04-22, 01:14PM CDT

I just got off the phone with Charter b/c of my internet speed. We are paying 8meg and receive a max of 3...sometimes on REALLY good days its 4. I was told that they guarantee 70% of the connection speed during peak times. Well...wasn't peak time and 70% of 8 is a lot more than the 2.41 I was getting when I called them. He went off on it being my modem...which he took back when he checked it and it was functioning perfectly. Everything they said was one huge contradiction after another. Everyone I work with is also having this issue. Many days I can't even get online...yet when we call them they refuse to give us any credit for the days we didn't not receive service.

I've never had a company this bad. We moved from an area with Suddenlink and we paid LESS money for 10meg internet that never went below 9 (even with multiple computers connected to it) and if it did go out for a few days they would give us credit on our account for those days.

Have had problems with the cable as well. Sometimes it cuts out and certain channels will not work. Its like they cut those channels off for a few days a month and then bring them back.

2ef98fa6, 2010-04-30, 10:35AM CDT

Thank you for choosing Charter Chat Live! A Customer Care representative from Telephone Support will be with you shortly.

All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.

An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.

You have been connected to TTM Barbara .

Anonymous: hello

TTM Barbara : Hello. Welcome to Charter Telephone Repair. My name is Barb. How may I help you today?

Anonymous: i am in a predicament

Anonymous: Charter is picking up my modem and router today

Anonymous: they weren't supposed to turn my phone off today

Anonymous: I asked for service through tomorrow

Anonymous: but they have disconnected my phone

Anonymous: Also, my cell phone battery isn't working so I have no phone so when the technician calls to pick up the modem and router it will just go to voicemail

Anonymous: Is there any way you can turn my phone back on

Anonymous: and have the technician call my number?

Anonymous: Hello?

TTM Barbara : I understand your concern about your appointment and your phone service. I will be more than happy to assist you today. Just to let you know for future reference, you can go to www.charter.com and click on the Support tab in the upper right hand corner of our homepage for self-help tutorials for valuable information concerning your services. They are very user friendly.

May I have your name, please?

Anonymous: EDITED

TTM Barbara : Thank you. May I have your full address and phone number, please?

Anonymous: EDITED

TTM Barbara : Thank you, Mr. Anonymous. As an FYI, while I am accessing your account, I would like you to know about an exciting new program we are now offering!

At Charter we believe you deserve something extra. Thats why we created Live It with Charter. Just go to liveitwithcharter.com.

Its our way of saying thank you to our very best customers-like you! Theres absolutely no cost and you dont have to do anything differently.

Just activate your membership, continue to enjoy your Charter services and youll automatically earn Live It Points based on you monthly bill.

The more Charter products and services you have, the more points and special perks youll receive. When you add new Charter products and

services you can boost your membership to a new level and get even more rewards! Live It with Charter is a free customer rewards program

where Charter Communications customers earn points just for enjoying Charter services, then redeem them to enter sweepstakes, get members-only rewards,

order merchandise and take advantage of special offers. Its our way of saying thank you for being a Charter Customer. One moment, while I access

your account,please.

Anonymous: My cell phone isn't working and I believe that is the number the technician is going to call

TTM Barbara : I understand your concern. May I have your security code,please?

Anonymous: ummmm

Anonymous: i dont know

Anonymous: EDITED

TTM Barbara : Your security code is located in the upper right hand corner of any bill generated after November 27,2007. It is a four digit number.

Anonymous: I don't have any bills on my

Anonymous: me

Anonymous: I dont save them

Anonymous: please is there anything else you can ask

TTM Barbara : Please hold.

TTM Barbara : Thank you for holding. What is the color of your first car,please?

Anonymous: gray

TTM Barbara : Thank you. Please hold while I look at your account information.

Anonymous: All I need is for you to turn my phone back on

Anonymous: I have no phone

Anonymous: Also, please give the technician my Charter #

Anonymous: I asked charter to not turn my phone off today

TTM Barbara : Thank you for holding. I am showing the order was placed to disconnect your services today, not tomorrow. The technician picks up the equipment on the day of the disconnection, not the day before the disconnection. I will send a form to a higher department to see if we can get your phone working as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience. We will call you at EDITED when we have your phone restored.

Anonymous: And they did anyways

Anonymous: Thank you

Anonymous: I would still like the phone picked up today.

Anonymous: Obviously, my internet is still working.

Anonymous: I guess it was a mis communication, but I would not have asked them to turn my services off today

Anonymous: I work from home and need a phone.

TTM Barbara : Your phone and internet cannot work without the equipment. You can return the equipment to your local office within 2 weeks to avoid a charge. Your local office is located at:9335 Prototype Dr, Reno. May I have your forwarding address,please?

Anonymous: Barbara

Anonymous: I want a technician to pick my phone up

Anonymous: I mean my modem

Anonymous: Even if I only have service for 15 minutes today that is fine

Anonymous: I NEED TO CALL VERIZON!

Anonymous: AND CAN'T ON MY CELL AS MY BATTERY DOESN'T WORK!

TTM Barbara : Are you going to port this number to Verizon?

Anonymous: I have no PHONE!

Anonymous: No!

Anonymous: All I need is a working phone for 10 minutes

Anonymous: That's it!

Anonymous: Verizon doesn't have live chat

Anonymous: For some stupid reason

TTM Barbara : Please hold.

Anonymous: Please all I ask is that you turn my phone back on, and have a technician come pick up the equipment.

Anonymous: I am moving to Sacramento and will be busy all day and do not have time to return the equipment.

TTM Barbara : Thank you for holding. The disconnections order are scheduled for all day appointments between 8-6. Unfortunately, I do not have the time the technician will be at your home today to pick up the equipment. Once the equipment is picked up, you will lose access to the phone and internet service.

Anonymous: That's fine

Anonymous: I completely understand

Anonymous: Please, just turn the phone back on.

TTM Barbara : A form has been sent to restore your phone service as soon as possible.

Anonymous: eta?

TTM Barbara : Do you have any other questions concerning this?

Anonymous: how long until phone is restored

Anonymous: 15 minutes?

Anonymous: an hour?

TTM Barbara : Unfortunately, I do not have the estimated time. It may take 24-72 hours, if not sooner.

Anonymous: are you kidding me

Anonymous: please

Anonymous: get me a manager

Anonymous: last time when this happened they turned my phone back on in 30 minutes

Anonymous: please

Anonymous: I need a phone

Anonymous: I know you can have the services turned on quicker

Anonymous: as you have done it before

Anonymous: when you guys shut my phone off

Anonymous: when you weren't supposed to

Anonymous: this is ridiculous

TTM Barbara : I am a supervisor. My supervisor will advise you of the same policy that we follow.

Anonymous: Barbara

Anonymous: Then please tell me this

Anonymous: How come last time there was a problem you had my phone turned back on in 30 minutes

Anonymous: ?

Anonymous: I have been with comcast, AT&T and Wave Broadband

Anonymous: and have never had service like this

Anonymous: please reconnect my phone

Anonymous: I told your customer service representative that I needed my phone and internet until the technician came to pick it up.

TTM Barbara : This has to be provisioned by a higher department to restore your phone service.

TTM Barbara : We will have your phone working as soon as possible.

Anonymous: Then please help me out here.

TTM Barbara : I have sent a form EDITED to get your phone service restored.

Anonymous: So it will be working soon?

Anonymous: Less than an hour?

TTM Barbara : This will be resolved within 24-72 hours, if not sooner.

Anonymous: Wow.

Anonymous: Incredible

Anonymous: I am posting this whole conversation on Complaints.com and RipOffReport.com

Anonymous: I have never received such horrible service.

d874d146, 2010-05-25, 05:42PM CDT

Dear Charter, I hate you. I hope your horrible, sad excuse for a company goes bankrupt and every single one of your buildings gets set on fire. You're a horrible company and you've cost me and my family time and money. We've been dealing with your bullshit for months on both a residential and business level. Please, stop existing.

28dc2576, 2010-05-26, 07:20PM CDT

I feel they should fire all the employees that have some thing to do with the Internet, i can only go to some sites an I pay good money for this shit. You say Charter has the fastest Internet Bull shit, it should be called the slowest Internet. Fire there dumb ass maybe they will realize they are there for us.....

a5e17352, 2010-06-03, 05:39PM CDT

I UNDERSTAND AFTER HAVING A ROUND ABOUT WITH THEM REGARDING MY BUSINESS ACCOUNT, NOW THEY HAVE FINALLY PROVEN TO ME THAT THEY ARE UN-ORGANIZED AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS WORTHLESS! WE WENT BACK AND FORTH WITH TECH SUPPORT REGARDING OUR DIGITAL BOX NOT WORKING FOR ONE WEEK. WE WENT TO THEIR OFFICE TO GET A NEW BOX, ONLY TO COME HOME AND STILL IT DOESN'T WORK. WE CALLED TECH SUPPORT AGAIN AND AFTER 30 MINUTES THE GUY SAYS HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT IS WRONG. WE REQUESTED A TECH TO COME OUT. WE WERE TOLD BETWEEN 3 PM AND 5 PM. I CLOSED MY OFFICE DOWN TO COME HOME. WE ASKED FOR A CONFIRMATION CALL. AT 4:49 WE RECEIVED THE FIRST CALL WHICH I MISSED. THE SECOND TIME THE AUTO SERVICE CALLED I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE. THE REPRESENTATIVE SAYS THEY ARE SCHEDULED TO BE HERE AT 5PM. I HANG UP AND LISTEN TO MY VOICE MAIL AND THE AUTO SERVICE SAYS BECAUSE I DIDN'T ANSWER (WHILE I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THEM) MY SERVICE HAS BEEN CANCELLED. KEEP IN MIND THIS CALL CAME IN AT 5:03. I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY TELL ME THE SERVICE CALL WAS CANCELLED BY THE AUTO SYSTEM AND THEY CAN'T GET THE TECH BACK OUT HERE BUT HE WAS PARKED IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE WHEN HE GOT THE CANCELLATION ORDER AND LEFT. WHILE MY SON WAS IN THE FRONT YARD PLAYING. NOW I AM ON HOLD FOR A SUPERVISOR AND IT HAS BEEN 30 MINUTES. I AM SO THROUGH WITH THEM! I AM GOING TO LOOK INTO GETTING DISH. I HATE CHARTER!

611a6e2e, 2010-07-08, 05:13PM CDT

Well I too hate Charter. I was with Comcast for many years and Charter doesn't even begin to compare. I originally signed up for 14.99 internet service, then when that expired, I singed up for 2 years at 29.99 a month, plus they gave me a speed upgrade. Later I added phone service for 19.99 a month. My internet is not 39.99 because they added $10 a month for the speed upgrade which they said only lasted for a year not the full 2 year my contract was for. They also charge me a proximately $40 a month for my phone line, which was suppose to be 19.99. They don't tell you about all the addons. Here's the answer boys and girls. Forget the BBB, call the Public Service Commission in your state. You will get an immediate response. It's the only way to deal with crooks like this. P.S. Whats with this chintzy 2 meg upload speed? Come on Charter get with the times!

611a6e2e, 2010-07-08, 05:19PM CDT

OH I forgot to mention about Chaters phone service... I lost phone service at least once a week. It's horrible!!!

8d040e02, 2010-07-17, 04:11PM CDT

Charter has the worst custmer service I have ever seen. They have no clue what they are doing and just you shit to say soemthing.

b15c1c3d, 2010-07-24, 10:26AM CDT

I had the same type of experienc with charter!! Billing for services I did'nt order,ect!! I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Wisconsin!

I received a call from the Coporate Office but the complaint was never resolved completely!! Our service has been out since yesterday and we can't talk to any human at Charter. I also filed a complaint with the State Of Wisconsin Regulatory Commision but did not receive a reply. Charter has a monoply and operate their business without concern for their customers. Their "billing cycle" was a Joke and designed to charge customers twice for the same services when they acquired the local cable company in Fond du Lac, WI.I am fed up but have no recourse

eadff7c0, 2010-09-06, 10:00PM CDT

LOL this guy probably edited the conversation... get real

c8a5f29e, 2010-10-31, 02:30PM CDT

10/31/10 Charter has now changed their previously easy to use Email format into a complicated nightmare that isn't worth using. Once again Charter demonstrates its lousy service. I will not use their Email service again.

00e7c2ad, 2010-11-11, 12:49PM CST

If you are really upset at Charter, complain on BBB.com

On the site they have an A+ rating.

51e19995, 2010-11-27, 01:30PM CST

I totally agree with the mess up on the new charter e-mail.I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. In fact i wonder if it isn't some ones night mare

914afaf0, 2010-12-07, 04:35PM CST

CHARTER DOES SUCK...HALF THE TIME I TRY aND LOG IN TO MY EMAIL THEY ARE TRANSFERRING MY FILES AND THEY PLACE ME ON STANDBY....WHO SAID THEY COULD DO ANYTHING WITH MY EMAIL

56307e52, 2010-12-09, 02:26PM CST

To put it politely, the ceo of charter and all their technogoofballs should be taken on an Everglades Swamp tour and left there overnight to deal with the gators and eastern diamonbacks. Their email service if fubar!

2661a6d2, 2011-01-06, 11:30AM CST

FOR THE EASILY OFFENDED DO NOT READ!!!! FUCK YOU CHARTER YOU CAN SUCK MY ASS !! I HATE YOU WITH A FUCKING PASSION! NEXT TIME YOU OFFER SOME ONE SOMETHING LIKE A 400 DOLLAR GIFT CARD YOU BETTER NO WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT! BETTER YET JUST DON'T OFFER SHIT YOUR ASS CANT CASH!

ad180a86, 2011-01-31, 04:52PM CST

I agree. Charter is the worst company that I have ever delt with. I moved from one apartment to another. Charter said that I had to pay my balance before they connected the new service. I paid it and got new service. Six months later, they tell me that I have a balance of $90.00. I dispute it, and they tell me that they will credit the account and "don't worry about it". In addition to that, they send me a check for $100.00 for the inconvenance. Now they turned me over for colections. They have one hell of a billing department.

5a61b246, 2011-03-06, 10:30PM CST

I lost my service when I was on the phone Wednesday afternoon it took till Saturday to get someone to come fix my service only to find out it had been disconnected by mistake they came to disconnect an apartment on the opposite end of the building and got my apartment by mistake mainly because the technician was in too big a hurry to do his job properly! My apartment number was clearly on the tags not the apartment he came to disconnect! Charter only gave me $10.00 for loss of service for a mistake they could have prevented by properly training their technicians!

09bdef31, 2011-05-30, 11:31AM CDT

I agree, Charter is nothingbut a RIPOFF.You get service and they charge you outstanding dollars for this cable and half the time there is a problem with there stations that you can't see. It makes no sense that we get charged and donot get credit for unwatched channels

27dfe86a, 2011-06-02, 12:48PM CDT

YOUR WORKERS ARE VERY RUDE SOME OF THE WORKERS HANG UP ON YOU MY SERVICE DO NOT ALWAYS WORK AND I GET TIRED OF CALLING AND BEING PUT ON HOLD IF I DO NOT PAY MY BILLS I WILL GET MY SERVICE CUT OFF IF THIS IS A BUSINESS AND WORKING WITH THE PUBLIC THERE MANNERS SHOULD BE BETTER AND THE CUSTOMERS SHOULD BE TREATED BETER IT IS NOT FAIR . IF YOU ARE LATE WITH YOUR BILL THEY TALK CRAZY I LIKE CHARTER I HAVE BEEN WITH THEM FOR OVER TEN YEARS AND I KNOW WE ALL ARE WALUED CUSTOMERS SO WHY ARE WE SOME OF US ARE TREATED LIKE NOTHING ARE YOUR WORKERS TRAINED TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS THIS WAY

10094aa7, 2011-07-02, 02:32PM CDT

I had Charter phone .It didn't work for 6 months until I had finally complained so much they sent someone out fix it. After my agreement is up,I'm done with them.They suck royally!!!!!!!!

7bff2134, 2011-08-05, 08:37AM CDT

Dealing with Charter Communications is a nightmare. Their customer service reps are so rude, hateful, stupid, and liars. I've been accused of not having a Charter account and talked to like I'm stupid because they can't pull up my records using my name, address, social security number, account number, or phone number. I've been a Charter subscriber for years, I get a bill every month, and I'm not a customer? Every time I talk to them, my blood pressure goes through the roof.

I even read them the MAC number from my charter modem and they didn't have it in the records. WTF is their PROBLEM?

This is the main issue. The phone number on my account is no longer valid. It's my old landline, which I dropped three years ago. Every time I call customer service, I ask them to change the number to my correct one, which is my cell phone. Every time, they assure me it has been done. Then the next time I call, they don't have my new number in the system. I've had reps read it back to me and it's correct. They again assure me that it's fixed. Next call, same thing, sorry, we don't have that number in our records. I've documented the calls, names of rep, dates and times, which does no good. A few have seemed honestly concerned and tried to figure out what the problem was. Once, the number was typed incorrectly. These reps who did try to help finally admitted they had no idea why no one could put my new phone number in the system.

I have a lot of problems with internet outage after midnight. I'm a night owl and that's when I'm most often online. By the time I wade through that worthless automated menu and get a live rep, then we go through the wrong phone number isssue. By that time, my blood pressure is at stroke level. Over and over and over. The reps now try to schedule a service call. I tell them no one is home during the day, but they obviously think I'm a liar. One rep scheduled a service call anyway and I got an email about it. I called to cancel, after going through the phone number issue yet again.

I don't know how much more of this I can stand. Charter cares nothing about its customers. The other night, three of my cable channels were scrambled for no reason. I called to report it, and got the rudest rep I've ever encountered. He said "What do you expect me to do about it?" He then accused ME of having a bad attitude. (As usual, we had gone through the phone number issue). I told him I was going to cancel all my Charter services and he hung up. Called again, got a different rep who apologized but was unable to tell me why the channels were scrambled. Tried to set up a service call. They finally came back on the next day.

Sorry if this is incoherent, but like all of you, I'm so fed up with Charter. I would switch to another ISP, only there are about as many complaints about the other one in my area.

7aefebbd, 2011-08-12, 11:49AM CDT

Charter is like all other corporations that care nothing for the average American who supports them through paying for services. This company, like so many others is comparable to a form of legalized mafia. I have been a Charter customer for years, and about twice a year I threaten to cancel my subscription because I receive a bill that has increased drastically and which I must starve myself to pay. It is sickening, but since I use my internest service to do research for my job, I must have it. Charter has a monopoly in my small town. There are no other options for me considering my location. I am sickened by their tactics to entrap new customer, when it is clear that they cannot keep their existing customers satisfied. I hate them with a passion, and as soon as I find another option, I will cancel my services. Their business tactics should be made illegal, and the corporation should be fined for using tactics which clearly mislead customers and result in the customer paying additional fees for non-existing changes to services. Their "promotion" tactics are the equivalent of mafia fees, I keep expecting a visit from a Charter employee carrying a baseball bat demanding that I pay up, or find myself in trouble. It's too bad the government condones this type of behavior, by allowing the Republicans to continue to make deals which are in their best interest. I hope that the American public educates themselves by doing some research on the recent budget which was forced through by those radical Tea Party members, and realizes that a President cannot keep his promises if he is forced into compromise by those who do not care for the actual betterment of America. The "budget cuts" that Republicans talk about are cuts which will affect the average American, and the "increase in revenue" that Obama was urging would have been payed by corporations like Charter, who are sucking the life out of the American people, and who can afford to pay higher taxes. Their service charges keep increasing and they are currently pocketing our hard earned money. I hope America decides to do their research before the next election so that the change that we all hoped for through Obama's administration can truly be reached in my lifetime. Just remember, your vote counts, and if you truly want to change the way these corporations work, you must trust Democratic leaders to make sanctions which will allow us (the American people) to have a chance. Republican lobby for less government involvemnet because they like things to stay exactly the way they are. I wonder which Republican candidate will receive campaign contributions from Charter Communications in the next election campaign??!

f45f8f04, 2011-08-12, 06:32PM CDT

Screw all these racist Cable companies. Have you ever seen a minority engineer, vice president, director, no way only low paid technicians and customer service reps.

The industry sucks. There is a LID (glass cap) on the good ole boy cable business. Women get treated like crap, unless they sleep with the boss. Blacks and Mexicans will not make it past a supervisors position, and the SCTE is just a bunch of red necks, shame on them ALL!

c5513864, 2011-09-20, 05:37PM CDT

It was a fandamntastic day when I moved from Covington, GA and was able to tell Chaarter exactly where to shove their equipment. I too was tired of being overcharged by these thugs for service that didn't work half the time. I had to reboot my internet modem at least three times a day.

01a111e4, 2011-09-26, 11:37AM CDT

After receiving a notice for an increase for the cable modem rental fee from $5 to $7 per month, I bought and installed my own. I see no need to pay $7 per month, for who knows how much longer, to rent a modem that maybe cost Charter $30. Around the same time I had Charter install TV service so I returned Charter's modem to the service tech and had him note it on the work order.

The next month I see I've been charged a monthly $7 modem rental fee. I called and easily had that removed, thinking it was a simple mistake; boy was I wrong! This happened two more times (so far). The second time I was told, upon my request, that the modem was removed from my account and I should not be charged again. The third time I called (9/25/11), the rep told me that this issue had been previously escalated and Charter determined the modem was still in my possession. The rep told me this had been determined on a date prior to my SECOND call so that means the rep on the second call was clueless and not checking the account notes. The rep on the third call could not provide a satisfactory answer when I asked why I wasnt notified of this issue. 100% unacceptable.

Now, the only way for me to prove to Charter that THEY have their own modem is to bring the work order to the local office, 25 minutes away. The rep told me I cannot fax it, I cannot call and the local office will not check for the top copy of the paperwork that I know they should have. She says "sometimes paperwork can get lost". That is not my problem. The bottom line is that someone did not do his/her job and due to inefficiencies galore at Charter, I have to spend a minimum of 2 hours (I expect at least an hour in line) on a Saturday to go to the office to (maybe) fix their error. I think that somehow this issue is going to linger because they are so unwilling to expend even a little effort toward this issue.

When I asked for a credit for my troubles, I was told "we can't do that". Well Charter, do you know what I can do? I can easily and happily cancel my services; I don't need to pay people who appear to purposely do a bad job while they get away with it. If I have to take a trip to the office anyway, I might as well make it totally worthwhile.

cea0eb14, 2011-10-05, 08:24AM CDT

Charter Sucks

I pay for basic TV and internet $119.80 per month

speed I pay for is 5 Mb/s down and 700kb/s up

test today 660kb/s down and 22 kb/s up

Charter sucks. Trouble is the rest are the same shit

600a8cdb, 2011-12-05, 04:31PM CST

Well, I am so glad I don't do business with them.

I called the phone number in my phone book hoping to be able to connect to men in a truck working on lines. (No signage on their truck, I wonder why?) Noise had been coming into my place--we think from them. But how and hell will we ever find out if they put foreigners on their phone lines? What ever happened to doing business in the United States of America on a local level? It's not just them. They are the straw that broke the camels back. I will go out of my way in the future to avoid companies like this who are not responsive on a local level. They offered no help whatsoever. It's a shame, that our country has allowed these third world companies to invade us--take us over. If we all refused to do business with companies like this perhaps they might re-think their customer relations polices.

61de0715, 2011-12-06, 02:18AM CST

lol u post something on here about charter sucking but you cant even pay your bill...LOLOLOLOL

0be534d8, 2011-12-19, 08:22AM CST

Charter sucks and they lie. Saturday nite my digital cable goes out, orry i have 2 stations basic and internet still work. I call sunday morning. They tell me it is a local outage. So for sunday football i go over to my neighbors to watch it. It seems that their digital cable is working fine.

I check with my other neighbors theirs is working fine. Go figure. What are the chances that with a local outage they dont have to send someone out on a sunday. now that it is me I can take time off from work. But they gave me a 6 dollar credit. they did not offer it, i had to ask is that it???

74ccd357, 2012-02-15, 07:05AM CST

22aacb0c, 2012-02-26, 09:34PM CST

All I can say is http://www.charter-sucks.com !!

txcharley t., 2012-11-11, 12:08PM CST

this is the THIRD weekend in a row that my cable service has simply gone out. the first time, a technician had "forgotten" to plug us back in to the community box after they did some maintenance. two days without service. next time, early Sunday morning, "we can't get anyone out there until Tuesday". Sure enough, someone showed on Tuesday, but the cable "magically" came back on a few hours after I called on Sunday. today, again Sunday, we were watching a program which was Tivoing from 10 to 10:30 and at 10:17 the screen went fuzzy and then black. No cable, AGAIN. THIRD WEEKEND IN A ROW!!!! And guess what? No one can come out until Tuesday................

Rochelle M., 2013-01-13, 07:23PM CST

I am a Terminated Charter Ex- Supervisor. Since 2002 my account with them has sabotaged with poor , ghastly Customer Service. To get around this, I had service in my Adult son's name until he married and moved out. Charter refused to put the service back into our names?

To this day the account lists both my son and I with 2 different service addresses. Imagine the confusion. Their Sales Department has all the class of a snake oil hawker at a County Fair. I was promised that Charter would pay off my Verizon Telephone and DSL Extreme Bills.

This was in November 2012. Now these 2 Companies are threatening collection for non-payment? Charter expects me to write their Corporate Office and mail them copies of the bills . There is a $200.00 cap on what they will pay. I am Blind in one eye and only have my Laptop. Charter showed no empathy for my situation. I continue to with hold a portion of their monthly bill until they remedy this mess which is their failure to follow through.

My service? Since November both Cable boxes and my Modem have been replaced due to repair. Charter like Verizon is the only game in town in the High Desert Area

george c., 2014-02-27, 12:59AM CST

Yes, we here at the summit of Gatlinburg TN on the mountain top totally agree, CHARTER totally SUCKS. no speed. no throughput. particularly at nights when we need it most. where just going to use our cell phone hot spot, stop paying them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHARTER ... YOU TOTALY SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

c7423820, 2014-02-27, 09:14AM CST

There is only one way to "Have it your way with Charter" so to speak, and that is to set-up a service with another company without telling Charter you did this. After a week or so, call Charter and tell them to cancel Charter. They will know your not bluffing because they can see the disconnect and offer you the moon to stay. Yes, and that means billing you as though you just started with Charter with their lowest monthly charge, or rectifying anything including waiving charges. Of course, when you see them, just tell them to go to hell and cancel your service with Charter.

richnorto, 2014-10-09, 09:37PM CDT

I Hate Charter! Our cable glitches incessantly, yet they tell us to reset the box. It doesn't work and the cable repair guy who came out said it was in the lines. They refuse to fix it! We have no choice where we live! Charter Sucks!