Home Depot and Hampton Bay light fixtures

Posted on Sunday, November 26th, 2006 at 5:16pm CST by 15d35bd2

Company: Home Depot and Hampton Bay light fixtures

I recently purchased a Hampton Bay chandelier from Home Depot. On installation I damaged part of it. I called Hampton Bay’s customer service number. Since the item was imported, which many of their products are, they could not obtain a replacement part. They suggested I go back to Home Depot to get the part. Home Depot said they don’t carry parts for the lighting fixtures they sell, contact Hampton Bay. When I explained that I had, he said to buy a new chandelier. Neither Hampton Bay nor Home Depot had any kind of printed warning on their products stating that the buyer will not be able to obtain replacement parts. Neither Home Depot nor Hampton Bay allow you to e-mail them with a complaint on their web sites. I will NEVER purchase a Hampton Bay product again. I’m out nearly $200 without any recourse whatsoever.

D. Krager

be093bac, 2008-07-06, 10:56AM CDT

Thank you for posting your complaint. My complaint is identical. I purchased a light fixture at Home Depot. It was made by Hampton (in China). It is defective and I am unable to get replacemnt parts.

Next time I have to shop, I will not go to Home Depot/

47aec73e, 2008-08-02, 02:06PM CDT

Very frustrating.... I'm in the same position. I purchased two of the same style ceiling fans, w/no recourse but perhaps to try and find a, "fixit" shop in hopes that they can jury rig it.

I too will NEVER purchase a Hamilton Bay product again. This sort of business conduct should be illegal.

And certainly no "accident" that Home Depot's & HB's websites have no way to contact them.

No offense but, "consumers in control" ? We're screwed and have absolutely no recourse. -rj

feaabd28, 2008-09-04, 09:06AM CDT

Why did you not just return it as defective?

70f187a8, 2008-09-21, 07:04PM CDT

Almost the same story here. I bought four solar spotlights (item 256 091 - 1 watt LED spotlight with remote solar panel) and after about three months one light stopped working. I did some troubleshooting by plugging different parts together from my three working lights and found that the LED bulb had blown in the bad light. I have located no way to get a replacement and would need to spend another $35 or so to replace the entire item (solar panel, batteries, wire, light fixture, bulb) when all I have is a bad bulb.

There should be some way to get a new bulb without replacing the entire fixture.

8e5479f2, 2009-01-17, 03:19PM CST

i shop at home depot becouse i am looking for quality i purchesed 18 hampton bay lights i had them two years now they are rusting apart and hampton nor home depot will do anything about it what is a person to do ?

9087b033, 2009-02-09, 07:40AM CST

At least you had a customer service phone number! I bought a table lamp (135 546) from Hampton Bay's Contemporary Collection that said "to avoid fires use a regular 60 watt bulb" - the old fashioned round one. I need to know if it's SAFE to use the new energy-saver bulb that curls upwards from the base. Hampton Bay will answer online -- for $9!! Help!

9087b033, 2009-02-09, 07:43AM CST

3cf8bb45, 2009-07-08, 03:38PM CDT

Same story. I have 5 pendant lights, and in less than a year, the transformers have all gone out. I have to buy new ones from Home Depot.

3cf8bb45, 2009-07-17, 06:11PM CDT

I also had a problem, but I called and they could not have been nicer nor more helpful! Maybe they've changed their ways!

653453e3, 2009-08-21, 06:20AM CDT

I have puchased 7 pendant lights and 3 have blown their transformers and the only way to fix is to buy a new light. We have bought 3 more at $60.00 a peice and it is getting expensive. We just finished building a restaurant and have spent a lot of money at Home Depot and hope we can get this resolved.

bc772de0, 2009-09-17, 08:09PM CDT

Well look at it like this. All they sell is china junk & when you buy it you just get what you pay for, JUNK Support American workers only & put the china junk back on the shelf is the only way to fix this problem of purchasing JUNK made in china.

d361c356, 2009-12-12, 11:00PM CST

I just installed three Hampton Bay pendant lights. The outside of the box says the cord length is adjustable. But the instructions do not say how to adjust it. And believe me, it is not obvious. I took the lamp apart at both ends to see how the cord ends, and I was not at all confident that I could cut it to a desired length and reconnect it. Especially without instructions. So I went online -- no sign of Hampton Bay customer service anywhere. Right now I'm using twist'ems to shorten the cords to keep the lights from hanging all the way down to my counter tops.

d8820bef, 2010-01-01, 08:32AM CST

stop buying lead and chemical laced products made in china

d8820bef, 2010-01-01, 08:33AM CST

stop buying lead and chemical laced products made in china

a5848ae4, 2010-01-17, 12:48PM CST

I have the same problem with finding replacement bulbs from my two different Hampton Bay lights. They originally came with a GU10 base CFL bulb. No one sells replacement lights. Home Depot says they never carried them but I know I saw them once. What a rip off, selling lighting fixtures where you cannot get replacement bulbs!

5ae3b6f2, 2010-04-16, 04:32PM CDT

i bought Hampton Bay 3-Light Xenon Task and Accent light Kit at Home Depot. I have cut through two of the cords trying to attach the switch that is included. It is not possible to put this switch on these cords- not physically possible. I am a technical director and basically a handy guy- and this does not work. My only option at this point is to plug, and unplug the lights at this point, not to mention repairing the two cords that i cut. This sucks.

c7c5c764, 2010-06-11, 03:42PM CDT

I was looking for a Hampton Bay Antigua light dome. Found this website:

Maybe they have what you need.

c7c5c764, 2010-06-11, 03:45PM CDT

I was looking for a Hampton Bay Antigua ceiling fan dome and found this website:

Hope this helps.

5286a2c5, 2010-07-05, 04:33PM CDT

also bought a hampton bay product and broke the glass shade. I'm very sad that I cannot replace it as I liked the lamp very much and will not be able to afford a new one.

98edad96, 2010-07-26, 01:20PM CDT

I'm in the very same boat! I can not believe the complacancy. I can either buy a new light fixture, or all new lamp shades for BOTH fixtures, since they are side by side. BAD COMPANIES.

74ab68db, 2010-08-15, 05:12PM CDT

Same complaint - Hampton Bay light fixture purchased, glass cover broke, cannot get replacement. On top of it all,

I can't even use one of the 'generic' glass covers that Home Depot sells because the Hampton Bay has some sort of plastic ring & thread on the fixture which prevents you from using any glass cover except theirs, which you cannot purchase. Not only will I never purchase Hampton Bay again, I'll never shop at Home Dept again. Basically, they told me I would have to purchase a new light fixture. Mine is not even 2 years old! A BIG thumbs down to Home Depot!

548ca7f8, 2010-09-09, 02:22PM CDT

I purchased and had installed LED puck task lights for under the kitchen cabinets. The 2nd time I turned on the lights two of the puck lights died. I can't get replacement puck lights and Home Depot guy said they should "last forever". Lesson learned - after reading all the other Hampton Bay complaints I now know to never purchase Hampton Bay products. L. Herman

08b179bc, 2010-12-17, 11:37AM CST

Same problem here with puck lights that where suppose to be soooooo good. Another danny Lunford product with bad results