Whirlpool Cabrio

Posted on Tuesday, November 14th, 2006 at 3:08pm CST by 4c6bdad4

Company: Whirlpool Cabrio

I bought the Cabrio on 10/9/06 and by 10/23/06 it was not working properly. I contacted Whirlpool on 11/9/06 and they informed me that they needed to send a repairman out. It has several problems. The load is out of balance (UL) or I get an error "F51" every single time I try to wash a load. My husband and I are the only ones in our household so the machine is not abused (By teenagers etc). The repairman was at our house for 3 1/2 hours on 11/14/06. He ordered a wiring harness, a computer board and a censor for this 1 MONTH OLD MACHINE. I called Whirlpool in frustation simply asking them to take this LEMON back. They offered nothing and they were quite rude in the process. They said my only option was to have my machine repaired....and so the circle begins.

Our last set was a Maytag and we had the set (still are using the dryer) for over 12 years. Boy how we regret going to Whirlpool. Please take my advice and SAVE YOUR MONEY. I would hate for anyone to go through what Whirlpool has put us through.

BTW...my BRAND NEW machine is sitting idle until the repairman can come out IN A WEEK (for another 3 1/2 hours) to put in these parts that he HOPES will work.

Thanks for listening,

Pam Kantola

783c2923, 2008-02-27, 10:16PM CST

Your complaint is almost an echo of mine. I had a Maytag for almost 12 years when the washing machine gave up the ghost. The dryer was still working fine, but I bought the Whirlpool washer and dryer to have a matched pair (ha). The washer doesn't use enough water to get the clothes clean, makes noise, had to have a computer board replaced, the switch on the dryer door had to be replaced all within a month. The dryer has quit heating and the warranty has run out. The response from the company was "sorry, but there's nothing we can do. So now I'm waiting for a repairman to come and see if he can fix it. Sick of buying the Whirlpool.

Linda Spiller

e4529d28, 2008-03-24, 02:17AM CDT

i bought a whirlpool cabrio washer and drier about a year ago it was the worst mistake of my life when i first bought them i had an error message f-51 on the washer and it making weird noises so when i contacted whirlpool they told me they would send a repairman to my place so they told me they would send out someone from A&E factory service to repair it but that was i lie to because i had over 3 appointments with them for them to come out and they didnt show not knowing what to do now i called the store were i bought the washer from and told them what was going on after me complaining to the manager they replaced the washer with a new one the problem is its still a whirlpool soon after i got it replaced i started to get an error message on my drier that flashes AF dont know what that means but am hoping to get something done with it but with the past problems ive had out of whirlpool and A&E factory service i expect it to be a while i will never buy any of there products again and will recondmend that know one else buys whirlpool either

6ad51241, 2008-03-31, 01:47PM CDT

I also am very disappointed in the Whirlpool Cabrio model WTW6600SW. My machine worked for 16 months before it malfunctioned, flashing F1.

Their water heater stopped working after a year and I had to get that repaired also.

Think hard before purchasing a Whirlpool.

Thanks

Tia

2f5082b2, 2008-06-22, 09:26PM CDT

I have a Cabrio washer and dryer, and oohing and aahing when I first got them, except for how much they cost ... then after about a year I noticed plastic shaving in the washing machine. I inspected the inside drum and noticed that on the top edges near the cups where the liquids sit, the plastic rim has virtually shredded and chunks are missing around that area. I am not sure if the high speed spinning is causing it or what. Another amazing (sarcasm) thing is sometimes I wonder how well it is actually cleaning my clothes. When I opened the lid to remove a washed load of larger/bulk items, there was a delicate fly in the middle of the drum, and it was perfectly intact. The second I pick up the dead fly it disintegrates. How did it not get obliterated in the washing machine? Overall, a nice machine, but alot of money, and not sure if they are really worth it ....

f4cf5435, 2008-11-19, 02:19PM CST

just now.... whirlpool take care of the F1 problem.. replace the board.. for free of charge.. worth about $400.00

Thanks to whirlpool customer care....

Jibu

f4cf5435, 2009-06-17, 09:01AM CDT

I had problem with the board, within a year of purchase... I called whirlpool, thankfully replaced with no cost...

516dd370, 2010-03-19, 10:58PM CDT

Well, Well, I guess that I am not crazy, I was lured into buying the Cabrio washer and dryer, because it had no agitator, and a very large , big basin, to wash the big items like a comforter, etc. What a big , huge, mistake it was, my husband has not stopped saying I told you so..........

I regretably say, that I made an erronious error in purchasing, both of these machines from Rent America, and paying out of the wahoo for both of them, the washer breaking down, every few weeks, they coming and picking it up, taking forever for it to be repaired, then giving me a lemon to use in the process, the metal piece in the dryer enabling for the door to snap and close properly has now broken down, I am thinking what next? I hate both of these machines, and I wish that I could get rid of both of them , but still paying on them, its like paying on a house or a car or something, how dumb I was, to invest in either of these.

would have been easier and less expensive to go to a laundromat, and do everything there?

whirlpool you suck.

ed7d6d7a, 2010-08-30, 12:45PM CDT

It's reassuring, but also a bit disappointing, to know that my washing machine experience with this Whirlpool Cabrio is not uncommon. I get the same F51 error message when I run my washer. Service came out to repair the issue, said it was a sticky basket due to sludge in the machine -- I hadn't been using a specific little tablet on a monthly basis to "clean" my washer -- that caused the problem. I paid for three packages of these little tablets ($4 each!) and began the process of running them through on the "Clean Washer" setting. Seems to have helped the problem a little, but I still get that F51 error code. Luckily, I added the three year warrant to cover future repairs. While pricey ($400 for both the Cabrio washer and matching dryer) I'm sure I will have paid for that cost three or four times to get things fixed. I'll not buy another Whirlpool product EVER.

0ee07cbf, 2011-03-09, 02:30PM CST

I have had nothing but problems with my waching machine, the Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SB0, have only had it 4 years and had to have it serviced twice. Was also told there was nothing they could do. I was told by the Sears technician it would cost $550.00 to FIX, because I need a whole new outer tub. I have regretted buying this since the first time I used it, its always off balance and makes so much noise! I will never buy Whirlpool again!

Anthony W., 2012-08-24, 08:43PM CDT

I need to know has a lawsuit or major complaint against Whirlpool Cabrio been file against them. I brought my Whirlpool Cabrio about 2 years ago. A few months after I made the purchase I had to call a repairman. Needless to say the warrenty has expired and the machine is still no good. I cannot complete a wash cycle without the UL code popping up and it goes out of balance,I am the point that I going to have to buy a new washer. If there is a law suit against this junk let me know. Rating for this machine is zero!