Dollar Tree - - Dollar Tree in Jesup,GA and Hinesville, GA

Posted on Wednesday, November 1st, 2006 at 9:14am CST by 9b88c981

Company: Dollar Tree

Category: Stores, Shopping

I purchased a $20.00 gift card from the Jesup, GA store about two weeks ago. Upon attempting to make the purchase of the card, there was trouble at the register - the clerk did not know how to sell the gift card to me. After help from another employee, the purchase was finally made. Then the first time that I tried to use the card for purchased items was at the Hinesville, GA store and the transaction would not go through. I had to pay cash for my purchases even thought I had a valid $20.00 gift card.

I returned to the Jesup, GA store to advise them of the problem - I tried to use it there and again the transaction would not go through. After the clerk "played" with cash register several times, it finally went through. My immediate thought was that the Dollar Tree employees do not know how to handle the transactions of the gift cards.

Today made my 4th attempt to purchase items with the balance on my card. I was at the Jesup, GA location 40 minutes while the manager and the clerk again played with the cash register and only after making a call to the 800 number on the back of the gift card did the transaction finally go through. It is hard for me to believe that I am the only person who has purchased a Dollar Tree gift card!

I will never purchase another Dollar Tree Gift card.

My husband and I normally go to the Jesup, GA location at least two times per week and normally make purchases each time. We go the other locations such as Brunswick,GA, Savannah, GA and Hinesville, GA when we are there (have even been to the one at Augusta, GA). We love the Dollar Tree.

I feel that you need to know what has transpired in regard to the Gift Card purchase and the Dollar Tree purchases. I also feel that you owe me an explanation for all the time and aggrevation that I experienced. All the emplyees could only say " I'm sorry" - even this morning the manager at Jesup said "I am sorry but your card will not go through" - after I asked "it's your card, what am I supposed to do?", she called for assistance to the 800 number.

Thank you.

Cecile

Jesup, GA 31545

c458eec9, 2009-06-24, 10:25AM CDT

Can I ask you a question..why did you buy yourself a gift card? I once heard a young Girl state "I like gift cards they make me feel like I'm using a credit card!" Whatever the reason buying yourself a gift card seems kinda well silly!

c458eec9, 2011-01-27, 02:36PM CST

Silly?? not silly, down right stupid!! Please, tell me you don't believe you're avoiding sale tax when you're using a gift card?? can you hear the laughter??? I can!!