LG - LG Washer/Dryer

Product: Washer / Dryer

Company: LG

Category: Appliances, Equipment, Tools

CONSUMERS BEWARE: IF AESTHETICS ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU DON'T BE

FOOLED BY THE GOOD LOOKS OF LG WASHERS and DRYERS.

I purchased an LG washer (WM2277HW) a few weeks ago, several months after I purchased the matching LG dryer (model# DLE5977W). The new washer is a different shade of white and sitting next to each other they do not match and it is not aesthetically pleasing to look at. I chose LG in part because it is a great looking machine. I phoned customer service and they gave me the number of a local appliance service dealer and asked me to have them come look at it. They came and verified that the color was different but when they reported this to LG, LG said they don't cover this problem. I would expect consistency in LG products and am disappointed in the response from LG on this matter. I was told by the appliance dealer that is about $92 to order new panels although this does not include installation of the new panels. I do not want a new machine just new front panels so I can be proud to show off my LG machines. I wrote to LG to see if they would rectify this problem. They wrote back saying their do not cover cosmetic issues and to seek recourse from the vendor. This is not acceptable to me.

Where is LG quality control and what is their idea of customer service? I feel that they brushed me off. These machines are not inexpensive and to look at them (one a gray tone and the other white) on a daily basis is a constant reminder of my dissatisfaction with LG. I am sorry to say that I would not consider purchasing any additional products from LG ---- looks can be deceiving - what you see in the showroom is not always what you get.

fcec98ab, 2013-01-05, 11:07AM CST

Same problem with my lg washer and dryer that I purchased in sears washer is white and dryer beige...

They were purchase and deliver at the same time

At this point sears needs to call me back and let me know

What they plan to do

98607548, 2014-03-20, 02:10PM CDT

I just took delivery of an LG Washer and Dryer - same problem. Washer is white, dryer is sort of gray white. I called Home Depot where I purchased and was told that it was an issue to take up with LG. I called LG and Customer Service rep read me a paragraph that essentially said that room lighting was probably the issue. I told him my old pair (non-LG) were in the same room, with same lighting and DID match. I've owned six or seven washer/dryers and they've always matched. Rep said they could send out an LG tech to assess, but that if it wasn't a manufacturing defect, and just cosmetic, I would be charged $90.00! I said that was unacceptable and I'd like to write a letter and send a picture of the machines. He emailed me a link and I uploaded a picture. I'll follow up

with Home Depot later.

98607548, 2014-03-20, 04:24PM CDT

Follow-up - I called Home Depot's customer service line and followed the automated prompts until given a number for LG damages/delivery issues. You have 48 hours to report damage or else you deal with the store. LG rep offered me a one time adjustment of $225 on the dryer if I kept it. The other option was a one time replacement of the dryer, but that would be it - if the new one didn't match the washer I'd be stuck with it. I spent $1600+ and want them to match. Without the assurance that the new dryer would match the washer I declined and arranged to have both the washer and dryer picked up. I'll look at other brand options, but if I decide to order the LG again I won't take a chance on white and will order graphite.

3855d23a, 2014-10-31, 11:16AM CDT

Could not help to note your color complaint goes way back to 2006. I just took delivery of models 1101. Sad but true, I love the machines themselves but are you kidding me, 2 different colors. If you look closer you will probably note on is manufactured in China and the other in Korea. There lies the problem, I believe. I am now contemplating giving up my beloved machines because of the horrendous lack of LG customer care.