Kentucky Fried Chicken - praking lot feud / Kentucky Fried Chicken Puyallup, WA

Posted on Tuesday, May 2nd, 2006 at 4:23pm CDT by fddad73b

Company: Kentucky Fried Chicken

Location: PUYALLUP, WA, 98373, US

Category: Restaurants, Bars

I am writing to you in hopes of some light shed on something that happened on 4/27/06 that I am completely in shock of. Here's the situation:

Tonight I received a message from a co-worker that her and other cars were towed away in our parking lot. Without any change in signage in the parking lot that I have been parking in for over three years, suddenly KFC owners decide that parking boundaries (unknown to us, will be enforced). Apparently because we share a parking lot with KFC for over twenty years (The owners of our building apparently knew about this but didn't bother to tell us), there has been an agreement between our building owner and KFC that 1/2 of the parking lot will be shared. Today, we suddenly found out where the boundaries lie.

I had no idea that there was a parking "situation" at all. Apparently since the salon has gotten busier we (and clients) take up a lot of the parking. We always park in what we thought was the designated area for us. The building owner Karol and Les who own Guys and Dolls, have never specified to us parking "rules" accept not to park in front of the building and frown on people who take up two spaces (as I would). Parking signs in the the parking lot say, "Colonials Corner parking only, all others will be towed", this is our building and KFC area. Today without any notice, cars started being towed away, and I mean away. Not just to a local tow place but one far, far away. One person who saw her car was getting towed away (for reasons beyond her) offered to pay right there on the spot not to tow her car away the driver said "okay, $180.00" When she came back a minute later with her credit card he said, "TOO LATE!" Like it was a joke or something! An hour later when she went to pick it up it cost $350.00 to get her car out tonight!!!!!!!!!! One girl who got her car towed, it wasn't even her car, she shares a car with her sister and has not money to even pay a towing bill!

I didn't even get my car towed and I am in an outrage. I can't even believe KFC owners. How much business do we generate for them between us and our clients! Well, not any more! I am telling people to stay away from KFC, do not support them at all!

So, for you clients and workers that come to Apsara Salon I suggest that you stay parked as close to our building as you can and for goodness sake if your hungry, stop at Mc D's on your way not KFC! When you pull into the parking lot it's apparently the light pole to the back of the parking lot and to the right is ours, anything to the left is "chicken territory"

I am forward this to everyone who can think of that might be able to help us since Karol the owner of guys and dolls says, "it's a private parking lot there is nothing you can do". I don't believe that!