ULTREX II COOKWARE

Posted on Wednesday, May 17th, 2006 at 1:17pm CDT by 967b2174

Company: ULTREX II COOKWARE

I FOUND THAT THIS COOKWARE WAS MADE

EXCLUSIVELY FOR HSN, THE HOME SHOPPING NETWORK

It is JUNK to put it lightly.

I have complained to HSN and NO REPLY

DO NOT BUY ULTREX II

The finish does NOT last even with SOFT utensils

And wears quickly.

NOT WORTH THE MONEY OUTPUT

23dc95a8, 2008-01-30, 02:11PM CST

Yes,this is correct! I am a expo-TV reporter and I am doing a live video review to let people know these pots and pans are JUNK! I spent well over $200 on a set for myself, I loved them so much the first month that I not only wasted $200 I went back and ordered another set for my mother and wasted $200 more! What an idiot I was, I had no idea they were such JUNK. I really loved them the first few months I thought they were the best thing. I never owned anything that looked so nice and worked before, so I took great care of these. I only used the correct soft utensils, and always washed them by hand after they cooled so I did everything correct.

Now a few years later they stick like crazy. This started happening within 6 months after buying them. To cook anything I have to use tons of oil and then it still sticks. There are scratches in all of them except the stainless steel pot. I never ever used metal in any of them. The scratches came from the soft utensil's I got special for these pans. Plus I may of scratched it with my nails when I am trying to get the food unstuck while cleaning it. You can see in my video, how bad the food sticks and I have a lot of oil in the pan.

I have to buy new pans because these are junk and I am starting to worry that we may be eating that coating type stuff that is suppose to keep food from sticking.

I am so unhappy with this product, so please don't get scammed. I know in the beginning you may think they are great, but they just don't last and they sure don't last 75 years like they promised me. If you want to see the video just come to my site and you can watch for yourself.

Good luck getting your money back, I hope you do. I had no luck due to losing my paper work. Your welcome to use the video as proof of it sticking if you would like.

Here's the link to the video http://www.expotv.com/refer

and if you can't find it there I'll also put a link on my web-site too.

Anonymous, 2008-11-08, 07:40AM CST

I purchased the Ultrex cookware set for myself, my two daughters, a both daughter in laws, plus my Aunt. My sister also purchased a complete set. We all love them. I also have two pressure cookers and searching for another for my daughter. No issues..no problems.. no sticking. There are a few nicks and scratches..but still less than I would get with other sets. We put them in the dishwasher and use them daily for the last few years. I love Ultrex and am sad they are out of business...so much for my warranty... but guess there is never a guarantee in life. I am even considering purchasing another new set I found on eBay to replace mine when needed. Our sets were well worth the $$$ spent.

fd29646a, 2008-11-22, 07:11PM CST

I too purchased the ultrex cookware and found the finish to crack and scratch with SOFT utensils and was told they could withstand metal utensils. What a joke. Now company is out of business, so I am told by HSN. Who will honor the warranty that was included in the purchased of the product?

428255b0, 2009-02-09, 04:59PM CST

Have had my set for over 2 years and have had no problems what so ever. Can't imagine why anyone is having problems. We use our set every day and we DO use metal utensils and scrub pads..

7f804aef, 2009-08-14, 04:10PM CDT

Like some of the other comments here..I just LOVED this cookware when I first got it..it is a beautiful set! I loved the way it conducted the heat and the see-thru glass lids were so nice too....HOWEVER over just a few months, the non-stick coating started to deteriorate and now is in terrible shape! I cannot afford to purchase new cookware if these are not covered under the original warrantee...but I DO have my original sales receipt! Sooooo.. I am going to go to HSN and complain . Will let you know how that works for me.but I am NOT holding my breath.

38db8cf9, 2009-12-26, 03:42PM CST

Sorry to here that buddy .I purchased Ultrex II cookeware from HSN, just Over 10 yrs ago.I am very satisfied with the product. no scratches no cracks in the glass lids, and all the hardware is in tack. seemingly heavy duty,very good, affoprdable stuff.And by the way i am a graduate of the Culinary Institute of Mesa,Ca.

ce1db021, 2013-04-07, 09:29AM CDT

I too bought a full set of this cookware for my husband and I and we loved it so much that I , then went back and bought another full set for my daughter and another one for our son. Now we are all having problems with sticking..and surface scratches...the surface was suppose to have been warranted for 70 years...yet we now find the company has gone out of business ....so much for the warranty. I wondered when we bought it..how any company could make such a claim as a claim is only as good as the lifetime of the company.

Deb S., 2013-10-27, 01:31PM CDT

I have had my Ultrex II for about 13 years, and still love it! It is compatible with my induction cooktops, too, so it was ahead of it's time even back then. I think the quality is superb and can't imagine the complaints. I DO have a problem with food sticking to one of the saucepans, but only after I boiled water dry in it while making boiled eggs. The nonstick finish is not meant to take severe heat, and high heat should never be needed with this type of cookware. I suspect the people who are having problems are those who are used to cast iron cookware that can bear high heat, and that's what they have continued to use. This cookware is for a different style of cooking that does not require those super-hot temps to perform well. If I recall, the manuals even explain that you shouldn't need to use higher than medium heat. When used correctly, they do an excellent job and last and last.