Amazon.com unauthorized use of credit card

Posted on Monday, May 1st, 2006 at 2:54pm CDT by 8af83be7

Company: Amazon.com unauthorized use of credit card

On March 23rd, 2006 I was billed $334.39 from AMZ Superstore (Amazon.com). This credit card charge was not authorized by me. Amazon.com did research the charge and confirmed the unauthorized use of my credit card number. Here is the email they sent:

"Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.com.

I have investigated the charge made to your credit card and confirmed that it was the result of the unauthorized use of your credit card number.

Please contact the bank that issued your credit card and report the charge as unauthorized. We recommend that you have this card cancelled and reissued to prevent any future unauthorized use. We also encourage you to report the crime to your local law enforcement

officials.

Please note that we have closed the Amazon.com account through which the unauthorized purchase was made. To receive a refund, however, you will need to contact the bank that issued your credit card. The bank will send paperwork for you to sign to verify any unauthorized charge. Your bank will then pass the appropriate paperwork on to us.

Please be assured that your Amazon.com account has not been affected or compromised by the unauthorized use of your card number. You may still access your account with your email address and password, however, the credit card in question has been removed from our system

as a payment option."

Obviously their secure pay system is not that secure. Just want people to beware of this trend with unauthorized use of credit cards online at Amazon.com.

efb4fccc, 2010-11-07, 01:20PM CST

this just happened to me too!