STEELCRAFT GAS GENERATOR/SWEEPSTAKES CLEARINGHOUSE

Posted on Wednesday, June 7th, 2006 at 7:00pm CDT by b7baebe3

Company: STEELCRAFT GAS GENERATOR/SWEEPSTAKES CLEARINGHOUSE

I purchase a gas generator from sweepstakes clearing house of Dallas, Texas in January 2006 I paid $279.95 and when it arrived in February 2006 I had to pay a shipping and handling fee which I was not aware of for $68.96 before UPS would release it. Beening that we live in Alabama and on last year we were hit with numerous power outages from hurricanes we thought that the generator would be a great purchase. Well now it's June hurricane season again my husband tried to start the generator and it will not generate any power. We called sweepstakes clearing house and they would not replace the generator nor pay to have it taken to a repair service.

A.Lewis , Safford, Alabama

9af14bf7, 2008-08-30, 09:36AM CDT

yes i receive my gas generator also from sweepstakes clearing house july 9 2008 and just took it out the box to check it out and the cord that goes over the spark plug was broke and we got a hurricane come our way by tuesday so if sweepstakes clearing house does do nothing for anybody else then i guess i'm will be in a bind my self

v ebarb zwolle, louisiana

a0e5e950, 2008-12-29, 04:33PM CST

I purchased one also and just pulled it out of the box and it does not work what do I do?

a5ba3ace, 2009-09-30, 08:42PM CDT

thanks, I was just looking at one for $189.00 with coupon. Coupon went in the trash.

Anonymous, 2010-01-28, 10:55AM CST

I paid for my generator by way of lay-away and once I paid my last payment the generator was shipped, I put oil & gas in and on the 3rd pull of the rope it started and also it arrived at my door in perfect condition.

c68ae9f8, 2010-03-09, 04:58PM CST

does anyone still have the parts list book for the generator???? i would like a copy if possible,having trouble getting parts...ty

[email protected]

Anonymous, 2010-03-15, 11:42AM CDT

Have checked to make sure the circuit breaker is not tripped or off, have you by any chance put power back to generator from another power source(120 volts) which will fry the electrical circuit and is the generator coming up to speed once it starts running, check the choke and make sure it is set properly, if you have manually closed the choke, move it to the open position as the engine warms up...note:the choke will be closed if the engine is cold...I have the manual but it does not show any parts breakdown. Hope this helps. Have any questions post them, I will try to give you an answer'(s).

d790a59d, 2011-01-04, 06:45PM CST

I also recieved a steelcraft 3300 generator that wouldn't start. I tore the whole thing down to find that the piston rod had broken clean from the crank shaft, now I can't fing replacement parts. Does your commit and mine not say alot about steelcraft products?!!!.

1df4ef7f, 2011-10-31, 11:46AM CDT

Almost the same situation with Sweepstakes Clearinghous Steelcraft 3300 Generator. It will start but you can't plug anything into it and it runs. I've had it about 3 three years and now I don't know what to do for repairs on a never used generator.

9ace7c88, 2011-12-13, 04:45PM CST

I also purchased one of the STEELCRAFT 3300 GENERATORS from SweepStakes Clearing House and it will not start either

DORIS A., 2012-11-16, 01:22PM CST

I BOUGHT ONE OF THESE STUPID 3300 GENERATORS IT WAS STILL UNDER WARRANTY I HAD A FRIEND THAT WENT TO DALLAS TODAY 11/16/2012 HE TOOK THE GENERATOR BACK TO SWEEPSTAKES CLEARING HOUSE @ 1555REAGAL ROW/P.O. BOX 569600 DALLS, TEXAS 75356-9600 THE WOULDN'T REPLACE IT FOR A NEW THAT I BOUGHT FROM THEM THE SAID I HAD TO SHIP IT TO THE COMPANY THAT MADE THE STUPID THING WAS MADE IN CHINA I DON'T KNOW WHERE A STEELCRAFT CO. IS THE WARRANTY SAYS THER IS ONE STEELCRAFT LIMITED WARRANTY PWR @ P.O.BOX DALLAS, TX 75356 SWEEPSTAKES PEOPLE WERE SUPPOSE TO TAKE IT BACK & REPLACE IT WITH A NEW JUST LIKE ALL STORES LIKE WALMART, SEARS & ETC. DO

DORIS A., 2012-11-16, 02:00PM CST

I SENT AN EMAIL TO customer [email protected] it just got sent back to they wouldn't accept it