DO NOT BUY A KING KOIL MATTRESS! PLEASE READ! NOT A FORWARD.

Posted on Wednesday, June 7th, 2006 at 5:58pm CDT by 6773baca

Company: DO NOT BUY A KING KOIL MATTRESS! PLEASE READ! NOT A FORWARD.

Good Evening everyone…..

This is a letter for awareness. I want everyone to be aware of what half-ass service the bedding company King Koil has and the way they deal with their customers.

This is merely a warning letter. I want everyone to know what they are dealing with before purchasing a mattress through them and see how you get blown off after spending a thousand dollars on their defective work.

Back in late October of 2005 – I purchased a $900 King Koil pillow top king size mattress. Was perfect for the first month – then started to cave in the middle. It is now June. Eight months later. This bed has literally caved completely in the middle. In the morning you wake up with any person or animal on the bed – in the middle piled on top of each other, and when you have a 70lb dog – this is not considered comfortable.

So at the end of April I made a service call, and finally after the 3rd week in May I had someone out to my house. He hadn't been in the room 5 seconds when he said, "Yup this is defiantly defective." Then he started to look closer. He pointed to the bottom of my mattress where there were three small blood stains, all smaller then a dime. Then he said to me, "I'm sorry but I can't put in a warranty call because they will consider this unusable." After bickering back & forth for a few (honestly – anyone out there – have you EVER seen a completely clean mattress??? Most are worse then that!) he explained that this is some mattress companies' way of not honoring a warranty – meaning they can keep the profit and screw the customer.

This was literally baffling for me. I could not believe that this could really be a total disregard for the customer. So I wrote King Koil directly (or so I thought), and left numerous messages on their phone system. Well I received a call a few days later from an extremely rude woman who ignored me every time I asked her name. So I asked her straight out about three times if they were going to sell this mattress again. She stated that the mattress would not be used again. SO WHY CAN'T YOU TAKE IT BACK? Instead she agreed that she was snubbing her nose up at her companies' bad workmanship. She stated that it was ILLIGAL for her to take this product back. It is funny that Serta would have taken it back. I guess we should get them for legal issues. At least they care for their customer.

I want every one to know how this company treats their customer, including this company (they were sent a copy of this as well). If you go on Better Business Bureau their smaller stores all have a few complaints, including the place where that rude woman called from (caller id is so great). For some reason their corporate office has absolutely no contacts. It all goes through this horrible Miami store.

If you are smart – stay away from this dreadful company. I gave them so many chances to make this right – and every attempt was either ignored or snubbed at. It is companies like this that make it hard for the consumer to be happy. When you are spending a hefty amount on a new mattress that you will be using every day – it is hard when the company has a total disregard for the customer (and says in a snobbish way, "well you should have bought a mattress cover.") Even after telling her that I purchased the recommended cover – but it felt like sleeping on tin foil. Total disregard.

Any questions – please feel free to contact me using any of the below means. BUYER BEWARE!!!! TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

Brian

(561)951-2sss

a28af075, 2008-03-28, 09:48AM CDT

I just bought a King Koil mattress from City Furniture and it does exactly the same thing as you just said, only their mattress inspector shrugged at all my doctor's notes I had saying we had severe back and neck pain, and had the NERVE to say this mattress is not defective! Even after we pointed out the defect to him. Disgusting! I was scammed into paying about 900 for a king mattress that sags in the middle, but most of them have memory foam which they don't tell you, and this disquises the sag. They use cheap coils, maybe they are recycled who knows, and the coils won't hold up the weight of an average sized man. Then the memory foam pops back up over the cheap coils. So when the inspector comes he measures and says the matress is fine.

I can't get my money back & hate this thing!

fafcdd94, 2008-09-15, 09:52AM CDT

Hello, I am going through the same issue with them. I have a king size mattress which is sagging on the two sides. I paid the 49.99 and they took the measurements. I was then told that becasue of urine stains they cannot take it back. My daugher slept in the bed with us when she was a baby and a few times at around the potty training years. Clearly the stain did not cause the defect. This is BS! I will never buy a king koil prodcut again.

Pembroke Pines

4de1f4a6, 2008-09-16, 08:20AM CDT

This complaint is exactly right!! DO NOT buy King Koil!! I have tried for one year to get service on a sagging mattress that is 2.5 years old! The king size set was $1300.00 with a 10-year warranty!! They stated to "rotate" the mattress. That has noting to do with a sag!

I finally wrote the Attorney General for the State of Illinois where the corporate office is located. They are handling the complaint. I sent all copies of correspondence to the Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Protection Division in Washington, DC.

DON'T BUY KING KOIL!!!!!

5eb2e067, 2008-11-11, 12:19PM CST

I understand your frustration, but lets look at another side of the story. Serta or any other mattress company WILL NOT honor the warranty based on Fabric Stains,soiling or burns (as stated in all of their warranty cards). Why would a company not take back a mattress that is damaged had blood stains on it? Could it be for the sanitary reason of it being on the truck with other new beds? Would you want your new mattress exposed to someone else's blood stain? You spent the length of your post blasting King Koil but never once mentioned who you bought the bed from or what they did or did not do to help you resolve this situation. King Koil doesn't own any mattress stores anymore than Toyota owns a car dealership. Full disclosure: I do sell mattresses and I do sell King Koil as well as other name brands and have done so for almost 10 years.

e87289a8, 2008-11-16, 11:14PM CST

I bought a king koil mattress from a furniture store here in Minneapolis. I have had it for 2 years and it is caving in and it has stains all over it. I have a mattress cover over it and it don't leak, there should be no stains on it. The only thing I can think of is they sold me a refurbished mattress. I don't think that is king koils fault I think it is the furniture store that is refurbishing them witch makes king koil look bad. I haven't contacted them yet but I am going there tomarrow. The reason why I think this is a refurbised mattress is that our local news station years ago gave a story about people buying refurbished mattresses. They were wakeing up with headacks like I do, stains were coming out in there mattresses like mine is. They cut open the mattresses and it looked like they sewed new material over an old mattress. After the holidays I am going to purchase a new mattress and then I am going to cut this one open and see what is inside. If I discover that what I think is true what do you sugest I do. Let me know how I should handle this because that is not right. Thank you

f0c163a0, 2008-12-09, 09:38PM CST

Thank you Brian I bought a 2,200 mattres from them a yr ago, It has also collasped, lucky the furniture store is replacing it free of charge. As far as any stains, I was forewarned by the furniture store if there were any stains you void your warrenty. I agree it is a crock, but it is not the mattress company it is the federal government ruling and oshsa. I am so disappointed in King Koil and would not recommend them. Where did you find a company site to contact them.

1e8cd937, 2009-01-22, 01:46PM CST

I have a King Koil mattress and I love it. If I had a 70lb dog sleeping with me and others on a pillowtop mattress, common sense would tell you gravity and wieght on top of foam would cause a sink hole in any mattress. You should have bought something that gave more support for your personal needs. Maybe read the warranty before you purchase anything in the future. People are too quick to blame others for their choices in life. I have had great service from King Koil. I will continue to tell friends to buy King Koil mattresses.

a6f62b8a, 2009-02-23, 09:19AM CST

I have the same problem on a King Koil Mattress. It was fine for 3 months until it started to fall in the middle, feeling like your sleeping in a bath tub. DO NOT PURCHASE OR DEAL WITH THE FOLLOWING.

1. DIAL-A-MATTRESS or 1-800-MATTRESS

2. KING KOIL MATTRESS

3. DIXIE BEDDING COMPANY MIAMI,FLORIDA

NONE OF THEM WILL DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM

I have a like new defective mattress sitting in my garage thanks to the 3 companies above that refuse to correct the problem. BUYERS BEWARE

4ed11f46, 2009-06-15, 06:15PM CDT

Oh, Serta was a complete nightmare! The thing was still in immaculate condition but dipping in the middle. It was like sleeping on a trampoline. I suffered for so long, trying to contact them. They finally sent over some idiot who took a ruler and held it up to the center and then said it has to be indented at least 2 inches in order to be considered defective. I told him to lay on the bed to see how bad it is. He said he cannot do that and that is not how they measure anyway. I made a big production trying to show him how bad it was and that you actually tilt to the side if someone is on the best with you. I pushed it will my hand, I stood on it to show him the indentation. It was totally useless. They denied the warranty. Then I sent a letter through PlanetFeedback.com and the big boss at Serta called me back within 2 hours telling me to go and choose another one at the store. Amazing what that can do! Anyway, my advise is, NEVER buy a continuous coil mattress because it's literally like a trampoline. If you don't want any caving or dipping, get a individual coil mattress. I have one that was $3500, it's like a cloud. But the King Coil mattress I slept on at the Hilton Diera in Dubai was the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. I literally didn't want to leave. It was just perfect. That is how I found this site, trying to locate King Koil in USA. I have to have that mattress! Thanks!

83a767cc, 2009-06-25, 08:15PM CDT

I have a king koil twin size mattress that i bought 16 years ago. Its still in great condition and just as comfortable as the day I bought it. They must've been a good high quality company at one time. Also my brother bought a king koil twin size mattress about a year ago. No problems yet. Maybe because its the smaller size?

d1be436b, 2009-07-09, 07:45AM CDT

I purchased a queen sized mattress set from king koil about 2 1/2 yrs ago. top of the line, chiropratic approved, lumbar support, for just shy of $2,500 The first few months were great. but since then its been getting worse. There is a 2 inch indent in the bed. Its to the point I can hardly sleep thru the night. The company has not responed to my inquerys. the waranty states it will not cover Mattresses that are " burned or soiled" I have a wife and child my mattress is in good condition but after two years its not perfect . so they can get away with a manufactering substandard product with a ten year waranty. I do not recomend this mattress or any buy this company

c314cca7, 2009-07-24, 07:40PM CDT

I too have just brought back my king coil mattress because it was caving on the side, and in the middle, luckily the company I bought it form is replaced it free of charge; however, when I recieved the mattress it doesnt have the name on the mattress the mattress cover is blank with no indication on what type of mattress it actually is. grrrr frustration

b6bb9708, 2009-08-22, 11:36AM CDT

I bought my King Koil mattress at Mattress Giant on April 02, 2005. I paid $1800.00. It is a pillowtop king and both sides of the bed are SAGGING! Mattress Giant no linger carries King Koil.

When I purchased the mattress, Mattress Giant stated that if I have any warranty issues, and King Koil approved the claim, they would give me store credit for the selling price of the bed. I bought and use the mattress pad by the way.

I called June 23, 2009 to file a claim on this piece of crap bed. Mattress Giant submitted the claim and said they would still uphold the store credit policy which was great news because I wouldn't think of getting another King Koil. I go in to the store and work with Jason on picking out another bed. I decide on the new Sealey latex style. An upgrade that I hope let's me sleep through the night.

They said King Koil will send out a warranty packet in 7 to 10 days. Nothing... I call Mattress Giant again and they said they sent it to the wrong address. I give them the correct address again. I go in to the store the next day to make sure they have the right address then wait another 7 to 10 days. Nothing... I call again and they say the same thing happenned again. They say they are sure it is going to the right address this time. Nothing... It has been a total of two months and I call back today, 15 days later just to give King Koil the benefit of the doubt. Nothing... I call Mattress Giant AGAIN and they tell me they will call the manufacturer directly (it's Saturday by the way). Jason, the manager, contacts someone and gets a 1-800 number for King Koil (it's 1-800-899-3494 if it helps anyone get a hold of them). He was told King Koil no longer handles claims through the distributor. I ask him if the store credit policy still applies. He dances around the answer. Of course, I call and get voicemail. I call Jason back and ha admits he didn't talk to the manufacturer. He spoke to someone inside his own company. Now I hear from everyone posting that I will probably have the same crappy service from King Koil!??!

62c638ac, 2009-09-02, 07:03AM CDT

We've had tremendous problems with our King Koil mattress and getting a warranty adjustment. Here is the letter I wrote. It may contain some useful information for those trying to obtain warranty service. I hope to cause them at least enough trouble to equal the money I am currently out of pocket for a new mattress.

September 2, 2009

5324 Virginia Beach Boulevard

Virginia Beach, VA 23462

Re: Mattress Warranty

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to you to express my concern and displeasure over the fact that our mattress warranty was not honored due to a small stain on the mattress.

The bed we purchased was one the King Koil thermal/visco-elastic foam type beds and was purchased on 1/25/03. I have to admit, a foam bed was not on my list of beds to purchase, but the salesman from King Koil was at Haynes Furniture that day and he made an impressive presentation to my wife and me. We bought the mattress, foundation, frame and mattress pad recommended by your sales rep at a cost of $1889 plus tax.

Over the last six months, I have awoken to significant back pain. I thought it was a result of growing older. However, I discovered that when I travel and sleep in a hotel bed, my back pain went away. By all accounts, my back pain was a failure of the six year old foam to support the weight of our bodies.

At the end of every night, our premium mattress sags into the shape of a bowl and we basically roll to the middle of the bed. My wife weighs 110# and I weigh 142#. We are not large people by any stretch of the imagination.

I believe it fair to demonstrate that we went through the process in good faith in an attempt to make a claim on the warranty for what we were told to be one of the best beds available. Below is my accounting of the events, and I am sure they can be verified via Hayness Customer Service:

On 5/20/09, I contacted Haynes Furniture and spoke with Susan Hangarter about what was becoming a significant sag in our bed. She was very helpful and asked us a few questions to get the warranty process started.

On Friday, 5/29/09, an inspection was made by Haynes. The inspector took his measurements and pointed out a 1 diameter stain on the mattress fabric. Apparently, this stain made it through the $90 mattress pad we purchased with the bed. It appeared to be a blood spot. The rest of the mattress was flawless-except for the measurable depression and aforementioned sagging at night.

On Tuesday, 6/2/09 I received a call from Haynes and was told my claim was rejected because there was a stain on the fabric of the bed. I was told to get the stain out and call them for another inspection. I was also told to call Global Care Solutions (GCS) as the mattress pad we purchased from Haynes had a guarantee against staining.

On 6/2/09 I called GCS (1-800-521-0555) and they issued claim number 1641371. I was told that I had twenty days from the day of the call to use the kit and report back to them if it didnt work. The kit arrived via US Mail on 6/8/09, six days after my request. I cleaned the bed the next day and the stain appeared to be gone. While there might have been a slight shadow in the fabrics texture due to the need to rub in and dry the cleaning product, it was no longer a stain. In my mind this was as good as new and would be acceptable.

I requested a re-inspection and was told there were no available dates until 6/29/09.This was seven days after the GCS mattress pad warranty expired. Prior to that date, they would have sent a professional cleaner out to clean the mattress. I do not know if this is a coincidence, but please keep this in mind as you see how quickly another inspection occurred.

Haynes inspected the bed on 6/29/09. They measured the sag and agreed the bed was sagging, however the inspector said the shadow was a stain. As his job was only to report, he said he would report it to the powers that be.

On 7/9/09, I received a call from Susan Hangarter stating that King Koil had again rejected our claim. I was also told the supporting frame was wrong and the warranty was void because of this. I responded this was the same frame as the one the previous inspector had inspected and the same one that Haynes had sold us. Inasmuch as we do not have another queen sized bed, it would be impossible for us to have switched the frame. (The inspector made no mention of the frame to me.) This was explained away as a mistake on the inspectors part. It then took almost another week for King Koil/Haynes to respond back with an acceptance or rejection of the warranty. This put our mattress pad warranty further out of date. I was then told our claim was rejected for the stain.

It was suggested I call Global Care. I called GCS and was told my mattress pad warranty was no longer valid as I was outside the 20 day reporting period. I then spoke with a technician at GCS and she walked me through a method to eliminate the nearly invisible water ring shadow. She also informed me that the foam in the mattresses were notorious for discoloring the mattress cover if the damp bed cover touched the foam. I again cleaned the mattress cover using GCSs instructions.

On 7/10/09, I called Susan Hangarter and told her the water ring was no longer visible. I was told she would try to submit this without a re-inspection. When I inquired if they would try to resell this mattress, I was told the mattresses are put in the dumpster after they are picked up.

Nineteen days passed and on 7/29/09 Hangarter emailed me that King Koil wanted yet another inspection. As I was out of the country, we agreed to delay setting up a time until I returned on 8/3/09. I again inquired as to whether they needed to measure the sag again. Quite honestly, we were ready to lean the mattress against the wall and buy a new bed. (I have learned that leaning the mattress against the wall also voids the warranty.) I was told they wanted to once again inspect for the stain and the sag so that precluded moving the bed.

I did not hear from Haynes regarding a rescheduled inspection until I sent an email on 8/13/09 asking when the appointment could be scheduled. This time, I was quickly given a choice of numerous dates that included 8/20,8/21,8/24,8/25,8/26,8/27,8/28. This was a dramatic change from the previous impossibility of getting an inspection before the mattress pad warranty ran out. Keep in mind the bed had already failed the sag test, so the only thing preventing a replacement was the nebulous stain.

A third inspector arrived on 8/20/09. This was almost 3 months after my first call to Haynes. He, as did the other inspectors, took his measurements. He used the same process as the previous two inspectors. The bed had sagged almost 2 in the middle. This was over the minimum 1.5 required to have it replaced and an increase of since the last measurement. He took his measurements and we chatted. He even helped me put the mattress pad back on the bed. I assumed everything was acceptable and the warranty would be processed. I was mistaken.

The inspector made no mention of the stain until he walked out our front door and I asked him if everything looked OK. Well you do have what appears to be some yellowing (his words) in one area. Why he didnt point that out to me when we were in the bedroom? We discussed this a bit, I explained the problems I was having with King Koil, and he went on his way.

On Friday, 8/21/09, I received an email from Hangarter that our claim was again rejected. As it stands, we are out almost $2000 for a mattress that I can no longer sleep on.

King Koil's warranty on their website is in extremely fine print-almost to the point of being illegible. http://www.comfortsolutions.com/lc/warranty.pdf

However, to address King Koils warranty, nowhere does it use the word stain to describe a void in the warranty. It uses the word unsanitary. By definition, anything could be considered unsanitary, but unsanitary for what? King Koils definition would be akin to a car manufacturer not warranting the car because there was dirt on the windshield. I have since learned that many mattress manufacturers use the stain as a method for avoiding warranty replacement per an OSHA rule regarding handling of bio-hazardous materials. I find this is odd as while a mattress seller may not honor a warranty, they are certainly eager to remove an old mattress and take it to the dump in order to make a sale-regardless of the condition. Is this not the same bio-hazardous/unsanitary mattress?

The unsanitary designation seems to be an industry wide term. However, what is unsanitary? While my shirt may have a stain on it from last weeks spaghetti, after I wash it, it is sanitary-even if the stain if still there. The same holds true for a white t-shirt that is no longer pure white. And what of fabric that simply fades or yellows with age? Is this unsanitary? By the terms of the warranty, it would be.

When one considers that studies have shown that a computer keyboard has significantly more germs on it than a toilet seat, should computer manufacturers adopt this standard to avoid making good on their warranties? I know of no other industry that uses a warranty out like this.

As a matter of fact, a mattress does not have to have a stain to be unsanitary, as demonstrated by several news reports that have demonstrated that, under a black light, a mattress with no apparent stain can often contain bacteria, mold, spores and a multitude of micro-organisms. The inspector made no tests for any of these, nor did he take any cultures of the stain to prove that the mattress was unsanitary. To be fair, I didnt apply this test to the mattress when it was delivered to me, either.

However, the code of Virginia regarding used bedding states:

CHAPTER 391

An Act to amend and reenact 32.1-212, 32.1-215, and 32.1-225 of the Code of Virginia, relating to bedding and upholstered furniture.

[H 2018]

Approved March 21, 2005

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of Virginia:

1. That 32.1-212, 32.1-215, and 32.1-225 of the Code of Virginia are amended and reenacted as follows:

32.1-212. Definitions.

(5) "Sanitize" means to reduce the level of microbiological agents to a level not injurious to health.

(8) "Sterilize" means to render free of viable microbiological agents.

Again, our bed was not tested for item (5) as to whether it was unsanitary. Alternatively, could we have simply sterilized the bed and the stain would not have been issue as it would have been sanitary?

I also found that visco-elastic bedding is notorious for losing its resiliency and ability to provide adequate support. In many cases, the foam does rebound to pass the 1.5 depression test. However in actual use, after 3-5 years, the failure of the foams weight bearing capacity causes people to roll to the center of the bed.

The internet has numerous stories of your competitors, as well as King Koils failure to honor warranties with mattresses that have obvious defects and an inability to even come close to producing a product that meets the stated warranty periods. One irate customer went so far as to file a class action lawsuit in Federal U.S. Court against Serta Bed Corporation in Chicago, Illinois on May 13, 2008 for these same deceptive practices. Serta apparently settled with the purchaser to avoid a suit that could have cost millions.

I wont bore you with all of the web links, but needless to say I have them for future reference.

Obviously, I am not pleased with this process nor am I satisfied with Haynes Furniture or King Koils failure to honor their warranty. I was sold a defective product and I am sure that any lawyer, during discovery, would find that King Koil knows this is a problem as well.

It would appear that most mattress manufacturers count on claimants to simply give up and walk away. I am not one of those people. It is my intention to obtain a full refund for the mattress, foundation, frame and sales tax.

It would appear that Haynes and King Koil are in violation of several items of the Virginia Uniform Commercial Code. These include:

Implied Warranty of Merchantability

8.2-314 gives the consumer an Implied Warranty of Merchantability (general use and condition of goods). Among other requirements, a product must a.) pass by general description in trade; b.) be of fair average quality; c.) be fit for ordinary purposes. To modify or exclude the Warranty of Merchantability, the seller must mention merchantability and, if there is a writing, the exclusion must be conspicuous.

Implied Warranty of Fitness

8.2-315 gives the consumer an Implied Warranty of Fitness for a Particular Purpose if the seller, at the time of contracting, has reason to know any particular purpose for which the goods are required and if the buyer is relying on the sellers skill or judgment to select or furnish suitable goods.

To exclude the Warranty of Fitness, the seller must again do so conspicuously if in a writing and may use words like There are no warranties which extend beyond the description on the face hereof.

It is obvious that King Koil sells a visco-elastic bed that has no ability to maintain its weight bearing capacity over the long term. We were duped by the King Koil sales rep as to the long term fitness of this product.

Additionally, it would appear King Koils warranty violates the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act for Deceptive Warranty Terms. Warranties must not contain deceptive or misleading terms. One cannot offer a warranty that appears to provide coverage but, in fact, provides none. For example, a warranty covering only "moving parts" on an electronic product that has no moving parts would be deceptive and unlawful. Similarly, a warranty that promised service that the warrantor had no intention of providing or could not provide would be deceptive and unlawful.

It is obvious that by using the term sanitary, King Koil has no intention to replace a mattress as by definition, anything can be unsanitary. Additionally, King Koil made no effort to test the bed for sanitation. Our warranty was rejected based on almost imperceptible stain.

Please accept this as my written demand to be refunded for the mattress set I was sold.

You have fourteen calendar days from the date on this letterhead to respond, in writing (or by check), as to what your plan of action is. Beyond that date, I will use any and all means necessary to recover the purchase price.

We have purchased another mattress to replace King Koils defective product. We are not interested in an exchange or replacement. Should we not be granted relief, I will add storage fees of the mattress to any legal claims we may make.

I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

cc:

Virginia Attorney Generals Office of Consumer Affairs

Virginia Beach Consumer Affairs Office

BBB of Central Virginia

PS: I would like to say that Ms. Hangarter was very nice to work with. Unfortunately, she had no authority to resolve this problem.

2d90e523, 2009-09-10, 07:30PM CDT

HEY DUMMY! ITS AGAINST FEDERAL LAW TO REMOVE YOUR MATTRESS FROM YOUR HOUSE FOR REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT IF ITS FOUND TO BE UNSANITARY! BITCH TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT NOT THE MANUFACTURER!

ALSO, I SOLD SERTA FOR OVER 6 YEARS AND I GUARANTEED YOU, SERTA WOULD OF DONE THE SAME THING, ALONG WITH EVERY OTHER MATTRESS MANUFACTURER!

f41ad4db, 2009-09-14, 06:20PM CDT

You are correct to say that other companies would have taken the defective item back. I bought a Sealy from a furniture store and within a month, it started to collapse around the edges. The company took it right back and I got a new one and everything has been fine for the past 6 months. It may have a lot to do with the seller you deal with, but Sealy was the one who picked up and delivered my defective mattress. Buy from a reputable seller who cares about their reputation

a2a6caea, 2009-09-14, 07:37PM CDT

After our warranty claim was rejected the third time, I conducted a little research on the internet and found horror stories of warranties, just like ours, where the warranty was voided for not meeting the definition of sanitary-even though the manufacturer provides no definition of unsanitary. This is an out and out scam.

Learn what we have learned by visiting this website we have put together:

f9a81a4e, 2009-09-19, 02:08AM CDT

well! we have a king koil mattress and its the best one weve ever had thanks! maybe you brought a dud but ours is fantastic, we go away on holiday and cant wait to come home to OUR king koil bed...

4ea862ed, 2009-09-29, 10:29PM CDT

Look it does not matter who sold them the mattress this is a warranty issue with the manufacturer, you should know this if you sell mattresses. No mattress is warrantable if you have stained it. If it is stained stop your complaining, you stained it and you ruined it. Could you return a car if you dented it? Could you return your tv if you scratched it? This is standard procedure in the industry. Buy a mattress cover with a warranty, If you got cheap and bought a cheap cover then you get what you pay for, if a stain get's through the cover use the cover's warranty. READ YOUR WARRANTY.

aecc75bb, 2009-10-11, 10:51AM CDT

Ok we wont buy from them!

Thanks.

74893b94, 2009-11-02, 06:16PM CST

I too own a King Koil mattress and it has caved in the center. I've never seen anything like it. I haven't even tried to contact the company as I don't have my receipt and the store I purchased from has since closed. I'm single, obviously with one income and it's discouraging to realize I'm going to have spend more money on another mattress when the one I have is only 2 years old!!

3b5653a7, 2009-11-06, 05:05PM CST

any mattress manufacturer will not honor a warrantee on a bed with a stain. ANY stain is considered unsanitary because of all the lying consumers out there. If it means getting a credit or not people will lie. pee stains magically become lemonaide and blood is kool aide <OHH YEA!

If you cannot keep from peeing/pooping/vomiting/bleeding or spilling anything on your bed then you need a truely waterproof mattress pad.

All of the people whining need to go to their nearest mattress store and ask to deliver beds for a day. the nasty, stained horrible things people expect you to haul off would lead most of you to not last the day.

any kind of contaminent that MIGHT be in your bed can shut down an entire factory. If you were to take a bed into a manufacturing plant that was contaminated with something weather it was a horrible deadly disease or bedbugs it could spread to every bed in the place and shut the company down. they have to watch their backs, and follow government regulations.

Quit crying. Be cleaner, and move on with your life. whining and crying on the internet makes you obvious for the tool you are. and I guarantee all of the serious letters threatening to sue only get you laughed at by the people you send them to.

95b0b557, 2009-11-13, 04:11PM CST

As someone who has worked selling Mattress' for the last 12 years I feel I have to comment here. First let me say that I do not work for any Mattress manufacturer and am therefore not beholding to any band of mattress'. I have sold King koil in the past as well as Sealy, Simmons,Serta, Tempur-pedic and Natura among others. I haven't sold King Koil in years but from what you are describing it doesn't sound as if they did anything out of the ordinary. It has been a long standing rule or ALL Mattress(with the exception of Tempur-pedic) companies not to honor warranties on mattress' that are stained. The reasoning behind this is fairly simple. when the company warranty's a mattress it is sent back to the factory so that the defect can be verified before they credit the retailer for the mattress. Up to that point they are taking the customer and retailer's word that the mattress is defective. Their point of view is that they do not want to have their employees having to handle product that may be contaminated with Urine,blood or god knows what from god knows who. They don't know who you are or what diseases you might have. Now its true that the mattress could still be contaminated even if there is no visible stain. But if they operated on that rule then they would offer little or no warranty. This way they meet the consumer in the middle. basically saying "hey you make the effort to at least keep the matress clean to the point that there are at least no visible stains and we'll honor the warranty." I don't see why this is such a big thing for so many people. Don't they clean their houses? Clean your mattress too. Use a water proof mattress pad ,there are many out there that are very soft and supple, you won't even know they are there. and as far have I ever seen a mattress that is unstained....yes, everytime I change my sheets. my Mattress is 9 years old and looks like the day I bought it. The vast majority of mattress' that we remove from peoples house's are unstained, and we see hundreds a year. It just takes a little due diligence on your part. The manufacturer has one stipulation...no stains and we'll honor the warranty.We have to take a little responsibility for ourselves now and then. You should have read the warranty card the day you got your Mattress and then you would have known about the stain issue and could have done what you needed to do to prevent any stains from getting on your mattress. Just like any car company requires that you keep up on the basic maintenance on your car in order for your car's warranty to be valid. If you don't put any oil in the car for 5 years and then your engine goes should Toyota be responsible for giving you a new engine? So lesson learned....Always read the warranty for any new product you purchase, that is your responsibility, you could have asked to read it at the store before you even purchased. Take some responsibility for yourself you are an adult.

b5579396, 2009-11-13, 04:15PM CST

bfb04385, 2009-12-16, 07:29PM CST

My name is Thomas,and I am the owner of a furniture store and before that was manager of three mattress stores and one furniture store. There is not one mattress company that will honor a warranty if the mattress is soiled with blood. If the above customer could buy a $900.00 mattress set,why did he not buy a $35.00 mattress cover to protect his investment?

53a3a9e8, 2010-01-26, 11:26PM CST

I have an older king coil that I love so very much, it is a firm, posture-coil full size. If my back goes out I can lay on it for 20 min and it straightens it back into place. I am looking to get a queen but now i am not to sure I want to because they don't seem to make the 'posture value collection' any longer. I know now if I do buy one, it will not be a pillow top and I will definitely put a waterproof cover on it.

4b632743, 2010-02-03, 11:06AM CST

I can group these comments in 2 categories -> a. Customers complaining and b. mattress dealers justifying their actions.

As a consumer who never had to use a mattress warranty, I conclude that warranty disclosures are too shady especially that they actually send an inspector to verify the damage. In my opinion, if it looks as normal wear and tear then it should be covered (why does sanitation matter if the mattress is to be dumped) If it looks suspicious that the customer recklessly stained the mattress, broke it just to get a new one, then yes it should be rejected and that is what an inspector is supposed to look for not nickpick on microscopic blood stains that most likely occured, as we ALL know, when our beautiful lady had her periods.

Thank you guys for posting this. I m now aware of the gimmicky mattress warranty business.

782036cd, 2010-02-08, 06:51PM CST

we have bought a king koil mattress of$ 3000, it has caved in on each side , we complained 6 times , a horrible women on the phone told us a lot of bull , after complaining for months , a repr of the comp came out for inspection and agreed that the mattress is not right and will have it picked upp for repair , but no one showed upp , so now we are going to consumer affairs and try that. the comp is corrupt and we will go to court if that is wath it takes . john. 9-2-2010

29bc08ed, 2010-03-05, 01:43PM CST

Sir, I do work for a Mattress retail & we do sell King Koil. I have had not one complaint about their product. Now my question to you, how much WEIGHT have you gain over the past 8 monts?

1fd35d9c, 2010-03-07, 05:06PM CST

Thanks for all the info. I also have a King Koil that is caving in and falling apart. After reading all of this I am not going to even try to bother to get refund. I can tell you that I will never purchase their product again.

15369208, 2010-03-29, 11:09AM CDT

Hi, I bought a King Koil mattress 7 years ago. I paid 1,400.00 for this mattress. If you look at the bed it has 2 big dips in it. I called King Koil and they sent someone out. They measured the dips which were 2 inches, but because there was some stains on the mattress they said the warranty was void. I don;t know of anyone with children that ther mattress doesn;t have a stain on it. I wonder if poeple know this when they buy there mattress.

60375e92, 2010-03-30, 04:48PM CDT

I wonder if sagging is common with pillow-top mattresses. My sister bought a different brand pillow-top mattress,paid a thousand bucks for it, and it was sagging dramatically in the center within 6 months. I bought a King Koil FIRM mattress over ten years ago and it has not sagged AT ALL. It is also so comfortable I have a hard time forcing myself to leave it every morning. And it only cost $399.

2adead3e, 2010-04-21, 11:13AM CDT

I too have a list of contacts and the same results: my mattress on defective material; It is of satin design and is seperating all over the entire top. we went thru the picture taking and had a visit with the representative that also checked a slight stain on the edge of the mattress and was rejected because of it. The material is rotten or defective and the stain has no bearing on the material. We were told and cautioned on using any cover for the mattress when we bought it. The salesman said it would change the warranty if we did use one.After 4 months we were just notified of rejection after all the forms,visits etc. The Dixie Bedding Co. Miami Fl. has their tag on it sold by Mattress Giant who no longer deals with King Kol

As a widow a replacement is not something I can afford. Talking on the phone the person said we have had trouble with the material, so why can't King Kol do something right?

78193713, 2010-05-09, 07:10PM CDT

It would appear that we are missing one very important point in this discussion. In order to eliminate the need for replacing center sagged mattresses we must first determine the cause of the sag. I would suggest that a simple explanation of physics may help to solve the mystery.

When a weight is applied consistently across a singular span, sag results in the center. If we were building a bridge we might consider suspension cables. since this is hardly practical in a bedroom maybe it is possible to work from the bottom up. Setting blocks between the floor and the center support of your foundation down the length of your mattress set may help.

A more permanent result might be the re-engineering of bed frames which could provide this support as a part of the design.

I too was disappointed when I found that the King Koil foundation I purchased was not more than a few pieces of wood and some cardboard. My response was to return the item to the store immediately.

Sometimes we have to be a little creative in our response to adversity. Oh and after reading these posts I will be going to get a mattress cover in order to not violate the government sanctions on my buyer's rights.

d0956325, 2010-05-09, 12:37PM CDT

I do know that when we purchased our King Koil mattress, they told us that we should get a mattress covering because if there are any stains or tears, etc on the mattress the warranty would be void. We went to a Serta store before we purchased the King Koil mattress set and they also told me the same thing, maybe you should have asked questions or read the information.

9a427d0a, 2010-05-27, 11:23AM CDT

Regardles of anyones problems with stains and warranties I believe the true lesson here is that King Koil produces a crappy product! My parents visited a friend in FL and slept on a King Koil mattress while there, they loved it so much they decided to buy one themselves. Since the mattress was older they no longer produced that model and my parents bought the new model that replaced it. After only a couple months there were two large sags where each of them slept. After finally getting King Koil to agree to repair the mattress it was sent out, sat in their warehouse for a few months and wasn't returned untill my parents called and complained. When it was finally returned to them nothing had been done to the mattress! The sags were still there! By this time they invested in a better mattress and gave it to me seeing as it was only a couple months old they thought maybe I'd be able to sleep on it. After about a month my back hurt so bad I couldn't sleep on it another night. All it is is a big piece of foam w/a pillow top, there's no support at all!

95b0b557, 2010-07-12, 12:44PM CDT

As someone who has worked in Mattress sales for almost 13 years I feel I have to comment here.

First of all EVERY major mattress company's standard warranty policy states clearly that any stains on the mattress void the warranty. The problem is the majority of customers don't bother to read the warranty card that comes their bed. The information is provided but because somebody didn't hold their hand and read it to them it's not their fault they didn't know. That's the American way now I guess, it's always someone else's fault. No such thing as personal responsibility. But I digress. As I said ALL major mattress companies have this policy and it is clearly stated in their warranty statement. The only company that I am aware of that doesn't make this stipulation is Tempur-pedic. They don't make this stipulation because they are going to resell the mattress. It is for the safety of the people who have to handle the mattress. the people who have to remove it from your house. The people at the factory who are charged with inspecting it when it comes backs to make sure is indeed defective. They do this to make sure it is in fact a warrantable issue and to see if it is a design flaw that needs to be corrected in future models so that the mistake is not repeated. These people don't know you from Adam, they do not want to handle a mattress with your blood or urine or whatever other bodily fluids on it. They have no idea what diseases you may or may not have. And I don't mean that a slight towards you personally it's true of anyone. EVERYONE should use a mattress pad, preferably a waterproof one. It will help avoid any future warranty problems and it's just soooo much cleaner for yourself. You can't wash a mattress. An innerspring mattress that is 10 years old weighs 50% more than it did when it was new. All that extra weight is dust mites, dust mite feces and dead skin. there is no way to remove this stuff from that mattress once it's there, and no vaccuuming doesn't work. A good mattress pad will prevent all that stuff from ever passing into the mattress, and you can just pull the pad off regularly and wash it.

As far as the sag in your mattress goes, ALL mattress' with any decent amount of padding on them are going to eventually show some body impressions. Just as your couch cushions aren't them same thickness today as they were when they were new, nor are your car seats the same exact thickness as they were when they were new. Your mattress is the most used piece of furniture in the house and is going to show some wear. It's kinda like how new shoes eventually form to your feet. That said ...the more padding on the mattress the more noticeable it will be. But they should never be more than 1.5" deep on an innerspring. Deeper that that usually means either the innerspring is breaking down or most commonly that you don't have proper support under the bed. #1 most important thing is you must have rigid center support under ANY Queen or king sized bed. This again is printed in every warranty card. 99.9% of the time when we go to customer's homes who are complaining of the bed hammocking in the middle we look underneath and sure enough no center support..gotta have at least one but prefferably two or three legs in the center gong from the bottom of the bed to the floor.

In summation....ALWAYS read the warranty card that comes with your new mattress. You can't count on your sales person to always remember to tell you every little detail, they are human they might forget. Take some responsibility for yourself and you will avoid situations like the one you are in. Lastly ALWAYS USE A MATTRESS PAD....it's just good house keeping.

f536e6e7, 2010-07-15, 08:18PM CDT

We are going throught the same thing! We bought the king koil pillow top king size and spent about $1000. Well both sides are so caved in that it is sooo uncomfortable to sleep on. I called them and they said there was a 10 year warranty but when she asked if there were any stains on it she said it voided the warranty!! Crazy, I can't believe that any spots on the mattress makes up for the crap of their product!! Don't buy one!!!

4ec1a548, 2010-08-07, 06:14PM CDT

I purchase King koil windsor 3 years ago and it has swagged really bad in the second year and I purchase a mattress pad, and I have trying to get mattress warranty for the past year and a half with no luck. I was told king koil was out business and told to purchase another mattress. the rep never came to look at the mattress and I have called the company with no luck.

0e2b836e, 2010-08-17, 05:52PM CDT

each time i read a complaint they say to use a waterproof mattress pad - ugh! they are frickin plastic and make you sweat when you sleep - this is awful and negates any good a decent mattress does to aid in a restful night's sleep. give me a break - a mattress pad = good idea, waterproof mattress pad = continued crappy sleep!

0ee85d4a, 2010-08-22, 03:09PM CDT

I went to City Wide Mattress in Shorewood, IL to buy a new queen size mattress - just the top, I was replacing my soft-side water bed because of 2 many leaks. (Also tired of it).They sold me a queen size King Koil Baymont for $350.00 - cash money. Delivery was scheduled for Sat. So I decided to do a little research on line to see just want I was getting. I am sooooo glad I saw your complaint!!! I called them right away and asked about where I would return it, if I had problems...he said you contact the manufacturer. (Oopps-red lights went off in my head!!). So, when the guys showed up for delivery I told them I did not want it!!! Take it back - I was out no money at that point, but I knew that I would have major problems with this mattress~ I went to American Bedding, got myself a Serta with a 10 year warrenty - for $100.00 more than I was going to have to pay for the King Koil! Got a great nights sleep on it too!! Thanks again, I am so glad I saw this site!!!

I received a very nasty phone call this morning from the owner asking me NEVER to return to his business - told me I was why prices just....he now has to pay for the truck charges!!!! Like I care - I know he would not have stood behind this product and the probably knows the product is not worth the money for it!!!

Lori

IL

0b234732, 2010-09-26, 09:10AM CDT

As a reader and a buyer to be of King Koil, i find this really strange. Talking about body fluid on the bed being hazardous and exposed to the person doing the check, i find this ridiculously surprising! With all kinds of protection gears, would not it be better for the inspectors to don protective gears? Such as the lab techs working in hospitals, being exposed to all kinds of diseases and bacterias? Should they quit their job because of someone's body fluid?

Next, for those working in the bedding industry, it is surprising to know and to critic so much about the buyers' ignorance to read the warranty card that comes with their bed. Should your job be more than just getting a quick buck to your pocket? Or a service to your buyer? Having much knowledge to such sensitive issues like a stain on the mattress will void the warranty, should not that be the upmost important highlight to any potential buyer?

Any seller or promoter that fails to do so just reflects his professionalism at his work.

Lastly, be you the seller or buyer, the truth hurts!

d48917ba, 2010-10-02, 11:22PM CDT

i had one years ago and it was very servicable and cheaper in price than the others. Now it sounds like the price is way up and the quality down. It is true you need to spend almost $900 on a queen these days just to get something middle-of-the-road, but if that is the case, stick with someone whose name is well-known. And put a 2" memory topper on it, it works as a mattress cover as well.

3644665b, 2010-10-18, 07:01PM CDT

I HAVE HAD A KING KOIL FOR YEARS, HAD A SEALY BEFORE THAT AND THEY RIPPED ME OFF,THE BED SAGGED AND THEY DIDNT HONOR THERE WARRANTY,BOUGHT A KING KOIL AND ITS THE BEST BED IVE EVER HAD.WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYBODY,MY SISTER BOUGHT ONE ABOUT 2 YEARS AFTER ME,SHE HAD A SIMMONS AND SHE SAID HER KING KOIL WAS ALSO THE BEST MATTRESS THAT SHES EVER HAD,SO I THINK YOU JUST HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE

4ec1a548, 2010-10-23, 05:08PM CDT

You are a very lucky person, I have waited 2 years and no response from King Koil and I purchased a mattress cover that they recommended.

80e23c43, 2010-11-18, 11:07PM CST

HEY STUPID! NO MATTRESS MANUFACTURER AND I MEAN NO MATTRESS MANUFACTURER WILL REPLACE A DEFECTIVE MATTRESS WITH A VISIBLE STAIN!!!!!

GOT IT!!! NO ONE!! EVEN SERTA!

YOU HOULD OF READ THE CARE GUIDE AND WARRANTY CARD ATTACHED TO YOUR NEW MATTRESS!!!! STUPID!!!!

251923e4, 2010-12-09, 07:03PM CST

King Koil is the WORST mattress I have ever had. I purchased a King for $2000 five years ago, and for the past 4 years it has completely caved in on both sides. When you sleep on it, you roll into your spot and you are practically "stuck" in it until you wake up. I am so uncomfortable. I wake up with a stiff neck almost every morning. I look forward to staying in hotels and visiting family with decent beds. When I called about the warranty, and I have no stains, thank you very much...they said I had to bring it to the warehouse in Homestead FL. Well, I did purchase it in Ft. Lauderdale at Mattress Giant, but now live in SC, and how do they expect me to get it to Homestead? WHAT A PIEC OF CRAP MATTRESS AND COMPANY!! I am now listing it on craigslist for FREE to anyone who can pick it up and take it..after staying at Marriot, I purchased a Jamison mattress.

950c07e7, 2010-12-12, 10:09AM CST

I'm with you....ALL of YOU! I finally spent the money, I did'nt have and bought a King Koil Bamboo Countour Response Rendezvous, $1500.00 for a Queen. By the 3rd month it was pitting. A year later it has a high spot dividing "our" holes. Really mad and can't afford a new bed. DO NOT BUY KING KOIL!!!

2a225618, 2010-12-28, 01:07PM CST

Just because it is standard industry practice does not mean that it is an acceptable way to treat customers. We are assured of warranty coverage at the front end in encouragement to shell out major bucks for a product that promises to last for years. I've never heard a mattress salesman delineating the stain dodge. Clearly, if a cover would be adequate to protect the mattress in use from getting stained, it would also be possible to use a plastic bag to wrap any used mattress being returned for inspection to protect handlers and items in the truck.

One wonders why all standard manufactured covers aren't stain proof, if this is the way companies require mattresses to be used. Probably it is because stain proof fabrics are uncomfortable to use, and people wouldn't buy the mattress.

There's no reason to just go along with this-- just stop buying constructed mattresses for upwards of $1000 and use futons. They cost much less.

98199c5d, 2011-01-31, 03:13PM CST

I had the same bad experience. I bought a firm queen set for over $1000 with the protective cover, used it for few month and all of the sudden the mattress become super soft and we (my wife and I)almost sunk in it. We are about 180 lb each so no heavy people. The store we bought it from said that has to sagged 3in (visible) to be a defective and is 20 yrs warranty (reason we bought it). It comes back almost to normal level but if u place a kid in it will sink. The customer noservice give us almost the same answer and we are stuck with a hammock in stead of a mattress.

98199c5d, 2011-01-31, 03:14PM CST

f0736b3a, 2011-01-31, 03:16PM CST

5b4b4c74, 2011-02-08, 03:27PM CST

I have a King Koil mattress that I bought in 1996. It is only now that i want to change it, That oo, for I am just bored of it. Though may be I could get another year or two out of it. Haven't slept on a better mattress than this one. All the family loves it too, as did all the guests. I want to replace it with another one of the same.

f16f8593, 2011-03-11, 06:19PM CST

I too have a King Koil that spent over 900 dollars on and it has a massive whole in the middle. I have never seen anything like this! This is a horrible product and it should not cost as much, they are simply selling crap! I ended up throwing it the mattress away after 2 years. DO NOT BUY KING KOIL! RIP OFF ALERT

715c53e7, 2011-04-22, 07:08PM CDT

I have that same matress & mine has done the same thing, My girlfriend has hers replaced cause hers did the same thing also.I went out & bought a Seally mattress this time!!! King Koil Dream Maker it was.

5e2cae21, 2011-06-04, 06:40PM CDT

We purchased a King Koil Comfort Sensation Memory Foam mattress for $1937 from the Dump in April 06. For the last year I have been trying to get King Koil to honor the warranty. However, I have been informed that the mattress is supposed to sink down because it is a memory foam. So, no matter how many pictures I send them it will not help. The mattress sinks down on the sides & there is a huge hump in the middle. Its like sleeping on a rock. I hurt all over when I wake up. I weigh 125 lbs & he weighs 185 lbs. We turn the mattress & there is a hypo allergenic cover on it. It looks like new but is truly the worst mattress we have ever owned. Buyer beware. If the mattress fails you are probably out the money. In our case their warranty is not worth anything. FYI I attempted to process the warranty through The Dump. When rejected, I contacted King Koil directly who then passed me right back to The Dump. What a tremendous waste of sleep, time, & money. I will never purchase another King Koil Mattress.

863fa4b5, 2011-06-24, 07:15PM CDT

I appreciate your long thoughts on the issues with warranties for mattresses. And I agree about people not reading the warranty. And agree about all makers having the same policy about stains. But I looked at the various warranties, and ONLY King Koil I see has an exclusion for "any damage to the outer fabric, even from wear&tear". Can you explain how on earth this poses a risk to the handlers in any way?

A slight scratch on the cloth voids the warranty, even if it has nothing to do with the problem and is on the other side of the mattress? And the small 1" damage is visibly due to wear&tear, and not even a complete rip without any of the interior visible. I use a allergen proof mattress cover, no stains, nothing, and the one side has completely collapsed.

How can they justify voiding warranty for this? King Koil in other areas globally doesnt have this provision. Only in the US.

You just go and patch up the tiny damage to make it less visible to the inspector, somewhere for say tops $100, and then have your $900 mattress be under warranty again. As long as you never tell them, it makes financial sense.

36f8779c, 2012-02-13, 09:01PM CST

Contrary to all your complaints, I purchased a King Koil Nouvou2000 back in 1998. My Mother loved it. When she would visit from SC she always said, when you buy another mattress, give this one to me. Except for a few stains, it is still in great shape tobe 14 years old. No sagging or hole in the middle. Mind you, I weighed over 280lb the first 7 years, and now with the over 100lb wt loss, it is still very comfortable.When having a busy, tiring shift in the ER, I "dream" of going home to my bed. Maybe my saving grace is the support my set is sitting on. I have a heirloom type bed and the frame is heavy wood, with at least 6 heavy wooden planks to support the set. My kids loved my bed, and still come over and lay on it (26,28 years of age). I always say when I replace it I will buy another King Koil. I have to think twice about that, now that I have read these reviews. Matter of fact, I put it on lay-a-way, it was reduced at the time for $850, I put down $250. They called me a year later,and offered it to me for an additional $250. So I had it delivered with COD. Now another thought came to my mind, the top right corner under the seam was ripped about 3 inches, and I always wondered if it was a return item. I had a warranty, but I let it go. It has not in all these years extended in size, and as I said, I am still enjoying my comfort.

1ee70d43, 2012-03-11, 09:56AM CDT

Hi Brian,

I bought a King Coil mattress and had the same issue as you but they did warranty it. We went to Art Van and upgraded from a $1200.00 to a $2000.00 mattress and less then 6 months later the memory foam that is about 5 inches in depth flattened out completely. Now we have a 5 inch hump down the middle of the bed. I called Art Van and they sent a tech out and said the same thing because we had 1 small spot less then a dime (it looked like rubbery glue that probably came that way from the factory) the tech gave me the number of a company to clean that spot and $80.00 later it was still there. I will never purchase a King Koil EVER again!!!!! I tell everyone I know to stay away from them.

Ray F., 2012-10-06, 10:49AM CDT

We bought a king koil about to years ago it is the worst mattress we have ever had the product actually sags down about 5 " when u get in bed. I am a 68 year old disabled warvet living on a very limited income and can not afford to buy a new one . when I complained to king koil they told me it would cost me $69 to have someone just to come out and look at it just another poor screwed senior citizen that fought for our country and got screwed by it thanks for listening ( if anyone knows something i can do ) [email protected]

Margo S., 2012-11-28, 12:08PM CST

Oh dear GOD, my bride and I are going to Dream Center Mattress in Smithfield, RI TOMORROW to buy a mattress and all they sell are King Koil, I am more fearful now of buying this brand than I ever was stepping on the battlefield! WOW, what to do!!

a41ddbb5, 2013-03-08, 09:15PM CST

I am so sorry to hear your King Koil mattress is not holding up. I bought my sister a King Koil plush pillow top mattress ten years ago and we both still love it. Yet, one of my other sisters finds it uncomfortable. I guess it just depends on the person. To me the mattress is as good as new. I just wanted to add that none of the reputable mattress stores will take back a mattress with a defect if it has been soiled, at all. All of the warranties state as much and a good mattress cover will prevent the soiling problem.

3b1d55c7, 2014-03-29, 01:08AM CDT

I have been a store owner for thirty seven years. Many of these complaints are related to how the retailer has dealt with the consumer. In all my years of selling mattresses I have never seen a spring deck fail. I would bet that all of the "sagging" problems related to are being caused by the compaction of filling layers. The springs themselves are not sagging. Many problems are related to the purchase of pillowtop mattresses. All manufacturers use a soft foam in the pillowtop, which feels good in the store but within a fairly short period of time the foam crushes and you get two body impressions with a hump in the center. If you read the warranty this is considered normal. My store will not sell this type of mattress because I know it will lead to unhappy customers. The only pillowtop mattresses we sell have either memory foam or latex in the pillowtop. As for the staining issue, it is OSHA that prohibits the returning of stained mattresses to the factory. This was primarily in response to the spread of HIV and the exposure of unknown bodily fluids to factory workers. The factory can be fined if an employee reports that they were asked to handle a stained mattress. The fine for handling one bad mattress can cost them the profit of over 100 mattresses. The amount of staining is not quantified - stained is stained, just like there is no such thing as a little bit pregnant. This information is spelled out in every mattress warranty. For myself, I happen to own a King Koil king size mattress that is over 10 years old and is still as good as new. While I am no light weight, over 250lbs., I do stress the importance of purchasing the proper mattress geared for the proper support of the heaviest person using the mattress.

ce6f929e, 2014-08-10, 10:43PM CDT

DO NOT BUY IT, TODAY IS AUG 10 2014. my parents bought a king sized mattress from king koil. the matress is caving on the sides, literally throwing you out of the bed. not worth your money!! dont look at it, dont buy it, just dont get it. matrress after the first year started having this issue. if your gonna get a mattress make sure the warranty is atleast 10 to 20 years.

98a80799, 2014-08-21, 08:29PM CDT

We bought a mattress about 5 years ago. The mattress was comfortable for the 1st few years, BUT I urge the public doing research NOT to buy from King Koil nor a mattress that is manufactured by Sleeptronic. After only 5 years, the mattress will become faulty & flawed for one reason or another. I?ve talked to several people that have bought King Koil (from the same manufacturer Sleeptronic) and they have had the same problem.

We have contacted both King Koil and the Manufacturer (Sleeptronic) and BOTH have undisputedly agreed that they have built and sold a flawed and substandard mattress and will ?approve the warranty? to certain extent? Since King Koil and Rooms To Go doesn?t do business together anymore, I?m stuck with the shipping of the mattress to the Manufacturer?s location, which is more than 500 miles away. Again, they have accepted responsibility for a defective built mattress that didn?t last more than 5 years, but with certain stipulations.

Therefore, I urge you to spare yourself the troubles of buying something substandard that might not have good quality control and might be defective at the end and then deal with these ?business people? on claiming warranty for an expensive mattress. I almost forgot to mention, it took almost two months to get a response on the warranty, as King Koil and Sleeptronic were passing the ball (responsibility) back and forward until after several phone calls and many angry emails, someone got back at me, again agreeing with the warranty claim on a faulty built/sold mattress.