- Appliances, Equipment, Tools
- Arts, Crafts
- Building, Construction
- Business, Finances
- Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Vehicles
- Clothing, Shoes, Apparel
- Computers, Software
- Consumer Electronics
- Delivery, Moving Services, Storage
- Gambling Games
- Games, Gaming Consoles
- Government, Police
- Health, Beauty
- Home, Garden
- Internet Services
- Jewelry, Watches
- Job, Career
- Kids, Baby
- Law, Civil Rights
- Magazines, Newspapers
- Nature, Environment
- News, Media
- Online Scams
- Online Shopping
- Pets, Animals
- Products, Services
- Public Transportation, Taxi
- Real Estate
- Restaurants, Bars
- Scam Contests
- Society, Culture
- Sports, Recreation
- Stores, Shopping
- Travel, Vacations
- TV, Music, Video
- Unauthorized Charges
- Unsolicited Phone Calls
- Wedding Services
KSRTC Volvo package tour from Bangalore to Tirupati
Posted on Tuesday, June 6th, 2006 at 4:06am CDT by 410fcf18
Company: KSRTC Volvo package tour from Bangalore to Tirupati
We had a terrible experience with KSRTC package tour that we had bought from KSRTC office and thought of sharing it with others so that they don't fall in the same trap. This is the mail that was sent to COMPLAINTS.COM_FORM_MAIL_63125# with two reminders but they did not bother to respond to us. The complaint was sent more than a month back . The email to KSRTC is reproduced below -
I am a very dissatisfied & aggrieved customer. To let you know of the whole matter:
1. I bought 2 tickets for my mother (aged 65 yrs ) & aunt (aged 55 yrs) for the 1 day package tour to Tirupati in Volvo Bus (Airavath) from KSRTC outlet at Bomanahalli on 24 th Apr. Please see ticket no. in the subject. It was Rs. 1150 per head, so total Rs. 2,300. Journey date 3rd May 2006 9:30 pm
2. The ticket clearly says Bus station as 'KEMPE GOWDA BUS STOP', on the right side in the place for P.no. it is written SGL.
3. We asked the person at the counter for the location from where the passengers need to board the bus & we were told 'KEMPE GOWDA BUS STOP'
4. Since my mother & aunt are tourists in Bangalore, we confirmed the location by calling one of the phone no.s at the back of the ticket .
5. On 3rd May (yesterday) the 2 passengers reach KG Bus stop at 9 pm, show the ticket to the ticket inspector there & were asked to wait in Platform no. 14 where the bus should come.
6. By 9:30 pm , even after repeated enquiries, when no bus arrived, they got worried & asked again.
7. The ticket inspector that time (upon looking at their ticket for the 3rd time now) says the bus will not come there (it was already 9:45 pm) & they have to 'just cross the bridge in front & go to Gandhinagar'
8. Imagine the position of two middle aged ladies running around in an unknown city at such time of the night! Anyways, they had no clue where Gandhinagar was & they kept on walking on the bridge. The inspector did not have the courtesy, at least, to guide the tourists as to where they can go for the bus & that it was not within walk able distance.
9. At around 10 pm, totally exhausted & morose, they went to the enquiry where they were given a card for SGL travels!!
10. The passengers called the SGL no. from the KG Bus stop & the answer was, they should travel to Tirupati on their own & contact them there !!
11. By 11:30 pm the 2 ladies somehow managed to reach home.
12. Today, since morning, a friend of mine ran from pillar to post at the SGL office & the KG Bus stop counter requesting for a refund or exchange ticket, but in vain!!
13. We went to the local Bomanahalli counter too, but again , no result.
Finally, I am writing to you.
I demand a full refund for the ticket. I cannot imagine a famous Govt organization like KSRTC has such work culture! How can a Tourist know what SGL means when the ticket does not have any details other than Kempe Gowda Bus Stop & when after repeated enquiry they are not directed to the correct location?
I await your early response. If I do not hear within 2 days from today, then I am sorry to inform, that I will have to move to consumer forum for this & also for the harassment that my mother & aunt had to face for the whole incident.
Thanks & Regards,