Planet Fitness / health club

Posted on Monday, July 31st, 2006 at 6:26pm CDT by 6ec85c46

Company: Planet Fitness / health club

Hayward California / Southland Mall

I was a member of Gold's Gym that apperantely went out of business because I showed up at the gym one day after a three week vacation and it was a place called Planet Fitness.

two small problems, a Medium Problem and one BIG problem.

small problems

1. I was not notified in any manner that Planet Fitness was taking over even though they had mailing address, email address and phone numbers.

2. More than half the equipment was gone and all services such as the sauna were no longer available.

Medium Problem

For the last two weeks I have repeatedely gone into the gym to cancel and they say that Only a manager can handle cancellations and there is never a manager in the place. I had to resort to drawing up an advisory letter to take in just for legel documentation stateing the date I was trying to cancel. Then miraculously one of the owners appeared.

BIG Problem

Planet Fitness decided to honor the Gold's Memberships (without notifying the members) at $35 a month while its own membership was only $10 a month. They also are saying that I must provide 30 days notice before my next billing date to cancel, which is in a few days even though I paid first and last months fees when I joined Gold's Gym. So they expect me to pay $70 for two more months for a membership to a gym I do Not belong to and will never use.

Think about that, $70 is 7 months of membership at Planet Fitness' membership rate.

One of the owners is the person I spoke with and he was completely rude and uncareing. This Planet Fitness is a fast food type establishment with little equipment, no services and the worse service and should be avoided at all cost.

Very frustrated at the ethics of this establishment,

Jon

Their Info:

Planet Fitness

214 B Southland Mall Dr.

Hayward California 94545

Phone number: (510) 264-1800

dfb2411b, 2008-08-11, 11:19AM CDT

Although I live in New York, I have experienced the same issues: easy to join, impossible to cancel.

Horrible facilities, complete lack of services, employees with no training or knowledge of equipment, uncaring.

45713060, 2010-06-02, 07:43PM CDT

I was a member at 132-40 metropolitan ave Jamaica NY 11418 718-291-0400 when i open my membership the told me in 2 week our parking lot will open that was 9mos ago i had to pay out all this money to drop my membership do not join planet fitness.