Up Country Furniture Toronto

Posted on Sunday, January 8th, 2006 at 7:05pm CST by ceffdd72

Company: Up Country Furniture Toronto

I had a terrible customer service experience with Up Country, King Street Toronto.

In April, I ordered a carpet for $1600 and told it would be here in six weeks. Two months went by and I called the store where they told me it would be another 2 weeks. Three weeks elapses then I phones the Manager Pat Robertson. She said she would look into it and call me in a day. Three days went by and no call. I then went to the store to talk to her. She assured me it would be another month or so.

Long story short, the carpet finally arrived in November, - WRONG MODEL, SIZE and COLOUR. While speaking with Pat, she answered the phone several times while I waited. Finally, the COO called me and offered me a discount on another carpet in the store. I reluctantly accepted as I needed something in the space.

I have spoken with several colleagues and friends who have had similar experiences dealing with Up Country and specifically, Pat Robertson, Manager.

ed4acffa, 2007-10-05, 12:02PM CDT

I've had a similar experience with Pat, as well as Janet who has now moved to the other office in Vaughan. We are now in our 14th week for delivery - still waiting for our dining room table / 6 chairs and a sofa!

No one calls you back..and no one at new Customer Service office evens answers their phone.......just let their voice mail pick it up. And again more messages left.....and no one returns your call. How can they keep your money like this and not have to answer to you for anything.

66216789, 2007-10-15, 02:41PM CDT

Consider yourself lucky. I purchased about $40K worth of home furnishings. It has been nothing but headaches and two years later I am still waiting on a rug. Same story, mutiple late deliveries of incorrect items...

783baec0, 2008-06-06, 07:17AM CDT

UpCountry has had new ownership since Oct 2007. Since that time we take pride in the fact that we have had nothing but positive feedback from our customers.

We have dropped the old suppliers that made furniture that was not up to our standards. We carry stock and many times can deliver immediately. We have no debt.

We feel bad for customers who suffered losses with the old ownership. The new owners lost well over a million dollars as well. But the stores are now on a solid financial footing and we are looking to the future.

6eb48047, 2009-07-18, 03:26PM CDT

We have had a similar experience with Up Country and specifically Pat Robertson. We will never shop at that store again, even though it may be under new ownership since we last had purchases. We spent over $25K on home furnishings and they were late on the delivery and then scratched our brand new hardwood floors during the delivery. Pat assured me she would fix the situation and never called me back after I attempted many times. we have now bought a new house and need new furniture, but I will not go back to Up Country

aeac9347, 2010-05-23, 01:01AM CDT