2000 Camry

Posted on Saturday, January 28th, 2006 at 4:00pm CST by f9f98eb4

Company: 2000 Camry

To Whom It May Concern:

I purchased a 2000 Camry in September 1999 from Bob Ciasulli Auto Group in Little Falls, N.J. While I have always purchased American cars in the past, I purchased a Toyota based on the recommendation of friends who said they were reliable cars. Regretfully, this has not been the case for me.

Allow me to list the major problems I have had with this car since I purchased it:

Date

Mileage

Cost

Problem

April 2003

17,158

$137.74

According to East Coast Auto Group, the card needed an internal engine oil system flush

May 2003

17,424

$257.56

Replace two front tires and have wheel alignment

26,145

$100.00

Replace rotors and pads on front brakes

June 2005

27,044

$465.49

Water pump malfunctioned and shredded the timing belt

July 2005

$106.00

Replace driver side door handle

January 2006

29,742

$736.25

Oil pan leaked and oil gasket leaked. 3 oil seals were replaced and the timing belt was replaced again (6 months old)

I realize that the warranty is 36 months or 36,000 miles, but I do believe that the problems I encountered should not have happened when they did. Since I’m retired and don’t put that many miles on the car, the warranty in this case should be extended to cover the mileage not the months.

As I mentioned earlier, I always bought American cars and never had the problems I have had with this car. I know that your company has a good reputation for customer service and hope that you will agree with me that the car I own is not typical of what Toyota manufactures and is rather an anomaly.

I would appreciate your looking into the history of repairs on this car and providing some compensation for my repairs.

Sincerely,