Cingular, service Not

Posted on Wednesday, January 18th, 2006 at 9:02pm CST by 4bb4e8aa

Company: Cingular, service Not

Jan 05 after having ATT Cell service for 10 years, I decided to upgrade my old phones.

I called the number on my ATT bill and was sold 2 Moto v551 phones.

My old service was discontinued.

Soon after receiving the new equipment, I discovered from my home I could get no signal.

I called and notified Cingular of the lack of service, no solution was provided.

Because I don’t use the cell from my house, I was unhappy but didn’t want to go through the struggle to get back to the old ATT contract and equipment which work fine in my house and in Utah and South Dakota where I go hunting and fish 2 times a year in the fall.

On the first trip under the new contract to Utah, when I tried to use the new Cingular phone no signal was available.

Old ATT equipment worked fine in this same location.

On the first trip to South Dakota, when I tried to use the new Cingular phone no signal was available.

Old ATT equipment worked fine in this same location.

I called Cingular customer don’t care, after both trips to advise them of the lack of signal.

Now I am 1 year into the 2 year contract with no local signal and no signal in the locations I take trips.

I have asked to be let out of my contract for lack of service and they just tell you they don’t assure a signal.

They looked up the location of my home; they tell me there are no towers in my area at all.

My question to them was,” why would you sell a contract to a customer that you know after giving them the address

there are no towers or service?”

They will not remove the fee for early cancellation and I am stuck with 2 useless cell phones and a contract for another year. I asked that a manager contact me.

But I also have had the experience that they tell you a manager will call within 48hr and hear absolutely nothing.

I have a manager that was suppose to call me direct number and left 5 messages requesting a call back.

A callback has still not be received after 2 weeks

My suggestion is as follows, think twice before you get into a contract with Cingular.

If you have any complaint about the service that you are aware of, get out of the contract within 30 days.

This company doesn’t understand customer satisfaction or service.

Bill Gremmert