Southwest Airlines - Southwest Airlines sucks

Posted on Tuesday, February 7th, 2006 at 12:48am CST by 8f040f6c

Company: Southwest Airlines

Category: Airlines

I now see shy they are so cheap: their website crashes, their phone agents are TOTAL idiots and --after they waste your time with the most moronic 'suggestions', then they plain tell you they are NOT going to honor their advertised specials *AND* that's it your own damn fault anyway that you missed their specials!!! (even though I was still on time--if they could only get their website up and running -or- honor the specials on the phone)

It is worth the money to go somewhere where else.

I was at the computer for 2 1/2 hours continuously trying to make reservations for a special offer that would expired that night at midnight. Their reservations site went down. After trying continuously to see if it was up again, I called their reservations desk.

Calling experience 1:

1) Long hold,

2) tell agent their website is down and would she honor the special on the

phone,

3) more hold

4) reservation agent stupidity: she had wasted my time just so she could go and confirm that the website is down. They treat their customers like they are total idiots who have never heard of a computer or the internet. Their website plainly tells you that their reservations desk is down--try again later. I don't need patronizing agents 'confirming' this for me and sending me on my way!

Another call:

1) Long hold

2) Agent tells me their website is *not* down, even though I am at the

computer trying and trying and getting the same "reservations site is down"

message.

3) More reservation agent stupidity. I try to tell her that I know that it

is down, I've had another rep. confirm that it is down, would she honor

special offer. She just argues with me and tried to tell me to shut down my computer and start all over. Where do they get these morons?! She's treating me like I don't know how to work a computer?? or like I need their 'confirmation' to validate what I already know --that their reservations site is down?! WHY DOES SOUTHWEST INSIST ON INSULTING THE INTELLIGENCE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS?! ***AND*** you have to wait on hold a long time to be treated like you're an idiot.

4) sends me to "help desk". I ask that person if she is going to tell me

that the website is not down. She INSISTS on backing up to social niceties

of introducing ourselves. By this time I've been waiting for more than two hours trying the website and their phone agents. WHY waste *more* of my time with social niceties. I needed intelligent responses, not BS social niceties. She tells me that she is going to hang up on me if I don't give her my name. I ask her if she is going to make a reservation for me. She says no, that she will not start addressing my problem until I give her my name. I ask her to address the internet problem or take my reservation. She tells me she can not proceed without taking my name and hangs up on me when I want to discuss the actual internet problem.

When companies care more about presenting an appalling social interface for their customers rather than handling their business in a way that

works----RUN to another company.

Yet another call:

Repeat steps 1) long hold and 2) idiots think I want them to confirm or not whether their website is down INSTEAD of addressing the issue of honoring their advertised special on the phone.

but this version "step 3) AGENT STUPIDITY" is the worst. The asshole

gives me a sermon and a browbeating that it is my own damn fault for waiting til the last minute, what do I expect, blah, blah blah ---even though I still had time, if ONLY they would honor their special on the phone since they couldn't get their website up and running.

I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! Is your aggravation worth a slightly cheaper price. Mine isn't. Fly anywhere else, BUT NOT Southwest!

a06de187, 2009-11-01, 06:50PM CST

MSN has a report on a Southwest Flight crew removing an unruly two-year old and the mother of the child. This was done to facilitate the comfort and safety of the other 100+ passengers going to San Jose, California. The flight crew does the right thing, and then the airline apologizes publicly to avoid "negative publicity", throwing the flight crew "under the bus".

Southwest is cutting costs by sending their aircraft to Aeroman in El Salvador for heavy maintenance work. You decide...

ab606d42, 2009-11-08, 04:41PM CST

Southwest Sucks. To say they are a flying gray hound buss would be an insult to Gray hound. From top to bottom they seem to have a feeling of indiferance and appathy. What is worst is the total lack of leadership and focus. they have rule they do not or do not know how to follow. THIS COMAPANY IS A WASTE OF AIR SPACE AND RESOURCES. I will now pay ANYTHING never to have to fly with this airline.

30f842c0, 2010-01-25, 05:45PM CST

Very True! Site never works properly you can waste an entire night just trying to get the page to open! Go somewhere else. They deserve to loose all business.

fff2a702, 2010-03-09, 10:26PM CST

Southwest f***in sucks. They claim to be cheap but are such a ripoff for such sh**ty service.

Ryanair in Europe will fly you from Venice to Frankfurt round trip direct for 52 euros. The same distance in America - Reno to LA costs goddamn $300 or more with plane changes!!!

F Southwest and all other American airlines. Why can't we get some cheap airlines like Europe?!?!

d99a4db0, 2011-02-11, 04:55AM CST

Southwest is brilliant at accentuating the positive in order to downplay (eliminate) the negative. Shower them with the good things, and they'll become oblivious to the negative aspects of the airline. Positive No change fees (Negative: No same day standby). Earn rewards faster (Negative: If you buy the most expensive tickets. Earn them ALOT slower than before if you are used to buying discount fares). Bottom line is that they do what's best for their bottom line, and I do what's best for my bottom line. For 25 years we had a perfect marriage, until now. What's best for my bottom line is to make the decision I made one month ago, and that was to change airlines. Thank you Southwest for opening my eyes to other carriers. I am absolutely loving Delta's service and soon to have perks from all my flying.

eed99d27, 2013-12-29, 04:02PM CST

45 minute wait to check a bag since only four people are working today

I couldn't check curbside since I was flying Airtran not southwest

(. Never mind that's flight they put me on)

Is AirTran flights less expensive ... Nope

Cindy perrino is station manager

I can't wait to call her a ask why she didn't schedule

More than four people on check in desks

What a mess !!!!!!!

fuzzy, 2014-12-10, 12:55PM CST

It is so darn miserable dealing with these guys. You have a flight booked for a later flight. Then you get there early and they have open seats on an earlier flight. Common sense says let the passenger get on the earlier flight. Well that depends on who is the person behind the counter. One time yes and one time no. No reason other than the attitude of the clerk. Instead of filling up the empty seats and being able to accommodate additional customers later. Stupid stupid. Oh yeah fly us we care. Bunch of bull.I fly them as little as possible.