Chrysler 2006 PT Cruiser

Posted on Monday, February 6th, 2006 at 9:35am CST by c9794726

Company: Chrysler 2006 PT Cruiser

On January 4, 2006 my husband and I purchased a brand new 2006 Route 66 Limited Edition PT Cruiser, Street Cruiser Edition in Solar Yellow from Oursiman in Clarkesville MD. On January 23, 2006 I noticed that it was leaking oil. It had 690 miles on it. Since I live about 20 miles from Ourisman, I was afraid to drive the car that far so I took it to the Lake Forest Fitzgerald Auto Mall on January 24. I thought mayeb the oil cap was cracked, or loose.

Today is February 6 and my car is still in the shop. The crank shaft is defective. The entire motor has to be replaced. Ourisman offers a free loaner car. But, I couldn't take the car to Ourisman. When Fitzgerald couldn't tell me within 1 day what the problem was I got a rental so I could get to work. They gave me a 2006 Hyndai Sonata, fully loaded. Ourisman didn't want to pay for the rental since I didn't take the car to them. Fitzgerald didn't want to pay for the rental since I didn't buy the car from them. So, Chrysler finally agreed to foot the bill. The only catch is I have to drive a Chrysler rental car. I had to take the Hyundai back. So, Fitzgerald has my brand new, fully loaded PT Cruiser with 6 CD Changer and MP3 player in dash. I am currently driving a PT Cruiser with no automatic locks, no cruise control, has no cassette deck and the CD player doesn't work. Talk about service.

>From what I have seen online, many people have been having problems with PT Cruisers and Chrysler. I wish I had looked before I bought one. I will NEVER buy another Chrysler. I will tell all my friends and familt to avoid Chrysler. I should have bought a Ford or a Hyundai. And Chrysler better hope nothing else goes wrong with this car. Fortunately for me, Maryland has an excellent Lemon Law. If a vehicle has to be brought in for service 3 times within 15 months, for the same problem, Maryland Law requires the dealer to give the customer a brand new car of the type they purchased. I encourage everyone to check on the Lemon Law provided by their state--and keep meticulous records everytime it is taken in.

J'aime