Norton Internet Security February 10th 2006

Posted on Tuesday, February 21st, 2006 at 7:56am CST by 99bbe57b

Company: Norton Internet Security February 10th 2006

Downloaded Norton Internet Security from the Symantec website on February 10th 2006. Took about five hours. Dollar amount was $58.98 charged to my credit card. After that, I spent another several hours trying to make the software work properly. I finally gave up and went to the Symantec website for a refund. The only option given to me at the Letter Of Destruction (LOD) web page was to "Decline" -- there was no "Accept" button. Yet I was referred to Symantec's LOD page no less than six times when I attempted to resolve the issue via email.

I took the Norton Internet Security software out of my computer through my Control Panel, and then sent all links and prompts to the Recycle Bin where I deleted them permanently. (I kept a transcript of the key numbers and of what I did.) The next business day, Monday February 13th 2006, after several tries and dialing several telephone numbers over about three hours, I was finally assured by a human being that my refund was being processed. A follow-up email stated that the refund was processed on Monday February 13th so I called my bank's hotline to make sure.

Nope! No refund! So I tried again a few days later: still no refund. I tried one more time this morning, February 21st 2006: still no refund. I have no further inclination to spend yet more hours on the telephone trying to reach anyone other than a robot in Symantec. Please help!

Joyce