SallieMae - Harassing phone calls from SallieMae

Posted on Thursday, February 16th, 2006 at 6:03pm CST by 8a81cd24

Company: SallieMae

Category: Unsolicited Phone Calls

I have been searching most of the day to find a way to stop harassing phone calls from a college/student loan company. SallieMae is the worst company to do your financial business with. I was a college student and had to drop out due to the sudden progression of multiple sclerosis. I am now unable to work and pay back these loans. Now I am receiving two or more phone calls per day from SallieMae. I have contacted an attorney who is taking care of the situation but I am still angry and frustrated at this company. This is a warning to anyone who needs a student loan. Find a better company than SallieMae.

be894cf7, 2008-10-09, 02:20AM CDT

What lawyer did you find? I receive over ten calls a day and I am up-to-date with my payments, they just seem to find more and more loans.

f3140218, 2008-11-08, 11:44PM CST

Ask for a total permanent disability deferment and get the loan written off. Your situation must be upsetting, but if you would answer the phone and talk to the rep, you can get this resolved properly.

52c76062, 2011-11-01, 09:02PM CDT

I would like to know if there are any class action lawsuits out there against Sallie Mae at this time. I know there was a settlement in February 2010, but obviously it did not make Sallie Mae change their policies. I get up to 10 calls a day and have had Sallie Mae split payments between two seperate accounts making them both past due, rather than applying the payment to the indicated account. I am so frustrated! And the calls on my home phone and cell phone are excessive and unnecessary. Even when I pick up the phone and talk to the representative they call back multiple times the next day regardless of whether a payment was made! Any referrals to legal aide regarding this situation would be appreciated.