Farmer's Insurance Complaint - From Portland, OR - Currently Ongoing...

Posted on Friday, February 10th, 2006 at 10:45am CST by fc935f78

Company: Farmer's Insurance Complaint - From Portland, OR - Currently Ongoing...

On 3/29/05, I was rear-ended by some idiot, Farmer's insuree. He was, by his own admission, at fault. This all occurred within the Greater Portland (Metropolitan), Oregon area.

The Farmer's employee assigned the case of my PROPERTY DAMAGE was first Brad Brungardt, and he was a real tool. After getting mysteriously "transferred" during (unsuccessful) mid-negotiations with me, another tool by the name of Tony Tanzi, an Oklahoma-based "virtual employee," started to handle the same issue.

My 1988 Nissan Pathfinder was beyond extraordinary condition. I used to be an airplane mechanic, so you can only imagine all the dealership maintenance, aviation fluids, and DOCUMENTED MAINTENANCE RECORDS (with photographs), including that of a new OEM crate engine, and its dealership installation. This thing was beautiful, and I had over 20K invested in it. Their best offer was $3700, MINUS transfer fees, etc!

So I refused! To spite my resistive efforts, Farmer's ordered the local wrecking yard (hosting my destroyed Pathfinder) to deposit its remains in front of my house... and there it has sat, FOR ALL TO SEE, since LAST OCTOBER!! I'm going to paste a big "FARMER'S INSURANCE DID THIS" sign, photograph it, and mail it to the local Newspaper, along with all my documentation!

Then, there are medical issues! My wife was transported from the scene via ambulance. The next day, she ended-up at the emergency room (again) to be shot-up with pain medication, as she was in scrutiating pain. THEN, she gets diagnosed with PTSD by a local shrink over the whole fiasco, and hasn't been the same since. She is now literally afraid to drive, or ride in the passenger seat!

MY own Insurance Company (Country Mutual) is also afraid of Farmer's. In fear of unsuccessful efforts to subrogate-out my medical claims to Farmer's, subjected me to a quackery of an "independent medical evaluation," which came-out in my favor, by a significant margin, articulating the fact that I may indeed require the future services of a surgeon! During their efforts to get the IME accomplished, my medical expenses accumulated for MONTHS, and my condition WORSENED!

I have been on narcotic meds for pain since roughly last March. And, half of the time, I can't even use them, as I work for a local public agency. Narcotics on duty are bad. My docs have even prescribed drugs to counteract my anxiety attacks, also the result of this fiasco. I suspect that I now have PTSD as well, but am afraid to have that diagnosis on my medical record.

To make things even worse, here in Oregon, the local legal community seems to greatly fear Farmer's. Once you mention "Farmer's" to an Oregon attorney, you might as well say, "The FBI is after me!"

Also in Oregon, ORS 165.540 allows "one party telephone recording." Hence, EVERYTHING related to my Farmer's claim is ON TAPE! (I saw this comming.) Any opportunity I can find to bring them down, I will take immediate advantage of it!

If anyone has ANY advice, I would love to hear it. I have no intention of backing-down from Farmer's, and I will fight to the death if necessary. I have reported the situation to the Oregon Insurance Division - TWICE! Still, no response. Their lack of action suggests to me that they have heard this before...

- Ivan