Mattress Firm directly, Sealy Mattress indirectly

Company: Mattress Firm directly, Sealy Mattress indirectly

Business: Mattress Firm

Location: Las Cruces and Corporate Headquarters

Complaint:

We purchased a Stearns and Foster mattress/boxspring set from Mattress Firm in Las Cruces, New Mexico in 2002. In 2004 we relocated to south Georgia.

Our three thousand plus dollar mattress developed a visible sunken spot (about 2 inches) in the middle.

Over the next year or better, the following run-aroound occurred. We called Mattress Firm, who referred us to Sealy. Sealy told us to call the original vendor [Mattress Firm in Las Cruces]. Mattress Firm told us we were out of their area, and they could not help us, and that we should call Sealy. Sealy told us to call the original vendor.

We called the nearest Mattress Firm (Jacksonville, Florida), about 45 minutes away. They said they would come check the mattress - for one hundred and fifty dollars.

There were several other calls over the year. But, our mattress was never fixed nor replaced.

We bought another mattress...for just a few hundred dollars. I'm much happier since I know that if it goes bad, I can throw it out and buy a new one.

Mattress Firm...and Sealy...I hope you both choke. You should be ashamed of the way you treat people.

Robert Anderson