Landscaping & Sod Work

Company: Landscaping & Sod Work

Donald R. Cato Landscape Consultant

321 White Oak Drive

Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

Mr. Cato contracted to perform specific landscape and re-sodding work and ended stealing over $1,231.55 from me for work not completed and plants not delivered and planted. Specifically, we contracted with Donald R. Cato on November 17, 2006 to clear away our old sod, prepare the yard for new sod, lay new sod, and landscape our front yard with pre-selected and pre-paid plants and bushes and trees. There were many problems and delays with stupid excuses including:

1: Originally contracted and paid in advance for Mr. Cato to provide the labor to clear away old sod. He was unable to do so and forced me to re-contract elsewhere to secure labor to so a job he was already paid to do.

he also failed to give me any credit for the $224.00 in labor costs I had prepaid him.

2: He then failed to secure the sod itself forcing me to contact a sod supplier and have the sod delivered myself at additional costs.

3: I also prepaid Mr. Cato to prepare the yard and install the new sod. Again, he was unable to produce the labor required to so that I pre-paid and he was forced to install the sod himself. He then tried to collect fees for installation over and above what I agreed to and contracted for as he states his labor costs are greater than the laborers he was UNABLE to produce.

4: For several weeks, he indicated he had selected and pre-paid with my money all of the plants we had selected to go into our new yard. After multiple delays and excuses, I asked for the names of the nurseries where he did so. After contacting 2 nurseries where he indicated he had selected and pre-paid for all of our plants, totaling $1,231.55, both nurseries indicated they had never heard of Don Cato and he did not order anything from them whatsoever. He in affect stole the money from us!

This man called Donald R. Cato is a thief and a crook and should be stopped. He has now wiped-out all of my savings and left us with a ruined yard. Please alert people in Central Florida to stay away from anyone doing work for or as Donald R. Cato or Don Cato, Sr.

Charlie Walsh

11 Sleepy Hollow Cove

Longwood, Florida 32750 USA

7f76ce46, 2009-09-15, 10:26PM CDT

i worked with both of these men. I wish I had seen this sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!