Deficiency in Services of Tata Indicom Service Providers

Posted on Tuesday, December 19th, 2006 at 12:48am CST by f6bdc4d1

Company: Deficiency in Services of Tata Indicom Service Providers

Hi Shailesh,

I am Syam Sankar, and I have bought a TATA Indicom SIM card (9226916845) three weeks back. It's a prepaid connection and I could only use it for two days(If the rule is; the retailer is not supposed to sell the SIM cards without valid Identity proof and Residence Proof, why they are selling it? The retailer should atleast inform the consumer about this. The company should educate the service providers/retailers on this ). I got a message from the customer support center and they conveyed the message that I need to submit my valid identity details to reactivate the connection. I have submitted the same the same day, photocopies of residence proof, ration card and driving licence. But still it's not activated. I am calling up and even went personally to the retailer, it's E-communications, Ajmera Colony, Pimpri, Pune. His name is Chandan and mobile number is 9890198752. I dont even know he is a valid service provider of TATA Indicom, you can check it and clarify it. When ever I enquire about the connection status his feedback is it will be activated in 5 minutes. Now that 5 minutes is almost a month. I cant even call the customer support cell from the mobile. I am trying to reach the customer support no. which I got from your site i.e.

Customer Care Number For Tata Indicom - Prepaid 12524, 9225012524

but Iam getting a message "All our customer support executives are busy assisting other customers" continously for three days now. My Mom and Brother both are using the same Indicom and they never had a problem. So I seriously doubt that may be my documents has not reached the required department of TATA Teleservices or the service provider has misplaced it. Now he is trying to cover it up. I trust the Brand and it's services. So I don't want to start a blame game, but seriosuly confused and dejected. Whar should I do now? The frustration is piling so much within that I feel like throwing the SIM card on retailer's face. I will never do it because I know TATA is now where responsible for this. In the process Iam really sorry to say the brand which is trusted all over the world so much is getting stained. You can describe it as a very individual incident and ignore it. But I personally feel, it's just a pattern of the way these service providers or retailers work. I have decided to go for Indicom connection because I trust the quality and rely on the services at a competitive price. But this incident has really hampered my trust.

I think I have written alot, sorry to waste your valuable time. Wasting your time didnt help to regain the time which I lost and nothing can compensate the mental agony that I have gone through. I will be really greatful If you could atleast reply to this mail, regarding what I should do?

Thanks and Regards,