A Solid Gold Sound -

Posted on Monday, December 18th, 2006 at 4:06pm CST by 9d111657

Company: A Solid Gold Sound

Category: Entertainment

We hired a Solid Gold Sound for DJ & videographer services for our wedding, which was on September 30, 2006. To date we have not received our product the DVD and photography of our wedding and reception and the accompanying extras that were promised us. We paid in advance and had a contract. Both my husband and I have called several times – at least 10 - to inquire about our video. Each time, the man that answers the phone, passes our call to an answering machine.

We leave messages and they never, ever, return the phone calls, Finally, we left a message saying that if we hadn't heard from them by the end of the day, that we plan to reverse the charges on the credit card and also take them to small claims court. They refuse to respond to ANY of our calls. Not one! We have been polite but they keep avoiding us.

This is now almost 90 days after our wedding and NO ONE is willing to respond to us. This was a very special day for us and one we wanted to preserve with a video. They also told us that they could make photos out of any of the moments on the video, Therefore, we didn't hire a wedding photographer. Now we are left with nothing!

We have contacted our credit card holder and filed a dispute to get the charges removed. We have also filed a complaint with the Ohio State Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau. We will also be filing a claim in small claims court.

We would like to take part in a class action suit.

It's horrible that they are not giving us a memory of our wedding! If there is a law that requires them to pay for emotional distress and the loss of a very special keepsake - I'd like to see the "book thrown at them!" They deserve the maximum penalty! Frankly, I think their business should be closed. It's horrible to ruin someone's keepsake of such a special event. They have done it to others! They must be stopped!!!

My message to A Solid Gold: How can you sleep at night? How very ruthless and callous to rip people off and ruin their special memories!

Sooner or later Karma will pay you tenfold for the evil you have perpetrated. Count on it!

Marcia

Cleveland, Ohio

ompany

A Solid Gold Sound - asolidgoldsound.com - John Kruer

asolidgoldsound.com

Cleveland Ohio

18003332208

Fax:

I wish I would have found this site before I booked these guys. Unfortunately for me and many others my story is the same as the rest of these people on this site.

My wedding was filmed 6 months ago and here I sit with no video, and less the money I already paid them. Every time I call they are in meetings or unavailable I have yet to talk to the editor (cheryl) or John the owner/ president. The only person I can talk to is Rob, JD, and Jay. None of them are even worth talking to because they have no answers.

In the end I really would just like to get my video. My wife and I have already spent hours trying to get this all worked out. We are currently looking into getting a lawyer. If anyone has more information on how to handle this or what we can do please contact me.

In my personal opinion this business needs to be shut down its an absolute joke it has been the worst business experience of my life.

Thomas

San Jose, California

Mayfield Heights, Cleveland Ohio 44124

216-292-6003

Fax:

My wife and I called A Solid Gold Sound and Video for our wedding September 30, 2006. On JUly 24th I paid up front with a credit card. I had heard from our wedding planner that they were not highly recommended so I called and wanted to back out when Rob (Their Leader) contacted me and laid on the shmooz! "I guarantee you I will have my best DJ and Videographer at your wedding and on top of that we will provide mirror ball, a second DVD and extras at no added cost to us if we reconsider" I did! Big mistake! The Dj did a great job however, we never received our DVD and whenever either my wife or myself call to speak to "ROB" (I think his name is an acronym for robbery) we get his voicemail! I called several times and when I asked for Rob by a salesperson I would get "Sure, who may I say is calling?" I would tell different names as well as my own and I never got "ROB" the person anyway, I received his voicemail and never a return call! NEVER! I have a dispute currently pending with my credit card and I intend to go to the Better Business Bureau and file a small claim and of course post here! BEWARE!! Do not waste a penny on this company your better off lettin a cousin take pictures! I at least had a few family members take still pictures for us to have some memories! "Don't get robbed by Rob at A Solid Gold Sound!"

Rick

Cleveland, Ohio

Denver Colorado 80126

Fax:

I hired a solid gold sound days before my wedding (June 9th) when a friend who was to video tape was unable to make it. The company was great before I booked them and as I sent them my $900.

The man who videotaped the wedding was great-he was on time, polite and very professional.

After the wedding I waited 8 weeks to call them to find out the status of my video. I was told-"we haven't started your video yet we are waiting for your pictures." I said that I didn't order pictures and just wanted my video. I called back 3 weeks later and was told, "we haven't started your video yet we are waiting for your pictures." I said again to just get me my video and forget the pictures.

Basically this went on for a really long time until I e-mail a letter with the dates and what was said on each phone conversation. Someone from the editing department e-mailed me back and said they would start the video right away.

I again waited 3 weeks to call back. When I did I was put on hold-hung up on, sent to voicemails that were full etc.etc.etc. No one will talk to me. So I hired a lawyer being that we are 5 1/2 months since my wedding. My lawyer sent a letter describing my complaints and asked them to contact me within 7 days or that we would file a lawsuit. They never called.

I absolutly don't want to waste my time or theirs with a lawsuit- I just want my wedding video. However I've paid them $900 and I have nothing to show for it. We are going to file a claim with small claims court this week. I feel like I should ask for my video and if I can't have that then I should get $20,000 so we can recreate the day-since we aren't ever going to do it again and the memories are lost.

I am beyond frusterated and believe this company must be stopped. I don't want anyone else to waste their money, their time and most importantly their wedding day on this company. If anyone goes for a class action suit count me in!

Darcie

Highlands Ranch, Colorado

E-mail to a Friend

Printer Friendly Version

Category:

Wedding Services Submitted: 11/5/2006 12:14:31 AM

Modified: 11/5/2006 12:15:00 AM

A Solid Gold Sound ripoff crooked dishonest fraudulent uncooperative Phoenix & Internet Arizona & Internet

asolidgoldsound.com & www.asolidgoldsound.net

Phoenix, Az Arizona, Internet

Fax:

I scheduled a videographer with this company for my daughter's wedding. Miraculously, the date & time was open. Since the wedding was only 9 days away and I had found no one else, I booked it. Michael J. set up the details of the event then said since it was less than 10 days, it would need to be paid in full. So, I paid it in full over the phone and he gave me access to the entire website so that I could print the contracts & fax them to him ASAP. The video would be sent 6-8 weeks after the wedding.

The videographer showed up at the wedding on time and began setting up his equipment. He talked to me the entire time to ensure he was getting the right shots and interviewing the correct people to give the messages to the bride & groom. Afterwards, he said the video would go into editing and would be sent out in about 6-8 weeks.

It is now November, 5 months after the wedding and we have still not received the videos nor have we received any return phone calls. My daughter and I have both contacted them numerous times and left messages for "Rob". We have not spoken to a person since I booked the event. We did however talk with Kyle on their chat line. After explaining our situation, he gave us a phone number and said to call at 7:30 pm that night and someone will answer. Imagine that, no answer.

The chats were copied and kept. When we asked for names, we were only given first names and a last initial. Kyle would not give any last names of anyone at the company. When asked the name & phone number to the owner of the company, Kyle said it's "John". The person that returns calls is "Rob". Kyle would not give us the owner's phone number, he said that the owner does not have anything to do with the company anyway. He said the phone number is the corporate office.

This company has different locations on the internet and operates in approximately 18 states. My state was not on the list, but Michael J. said they do service the area. I tried to reply to the e-mail that Michael J. sent to me on June 1, 2006, but, it was returned as unknown.

A wedding is one of those special moments in a young woman's life that she can never relive. I trusted A Solid Gold Sound with one of my daughter's most special moments. We were lied to, ignored and cheated. This company is a fraud and has extremely poor business ethics. I will never recommend them to anyone. They should be forced out of business and be made to reimburse everyone that they have ever been dishonest with.

Sheila

Watauga, Texas

8630-M Guilford Road #150

Columbia Maryland 21046

410-290-9616

Fax:

I stumbled on this website by accident and I was surprised at the number of complaints against the same company that I'm having problems with. I'm all too sorry to say that my story is so similar to all the others.

I hired A Solid Gold Sound to videotape my wedding in November 2004. In the weeks prior to my wedding I received numerous calls from the company and I assumed that everything was fine. The last time I spoke with a representative was three weeks prior to my wedding to iron out all the details. It was at that time that I was told that I would receive a call from my actual videographer by Wednesday before my wedding.

I was told that if I didn't hear from him to call the office. I never heard from him so I began calling frantically on Thursday and Friday. I placed several calls to all of the numbers that I had been given which went unanswered even on the "emergency hotline." Finally, on Friday I received a voice mail from my videographer and he said everything was ready to go and not to worry.

At the wedding, I noticed that there was only one videographer instead of the two that were supposed to come with the package, which we agreed to pay for dinners for at the reception. The videographer didn't introduce himself to anyone at the ceremony or reception.

After we returned from the honeymoon I called John to let him know that we were really unhappy with the services provided. I never heard from him. Finally, after calling several other times I got ahold of him. He told me that he would comp. me some extra dvd's and I would get my video in about 4-6 weeks.

Time came and went, I even gave them an extra week to give them the benefit of the doubt and no video ever came. My husband, father and I all called and our calls were never answered. Finally, my father got ahold of him and he "promised" that we would have our video in our hands by Feb. 23rd as well as some other free services, etc., which again has come and gone.

Now, our calls are not answered at all and nobody will call us back. At the time my father called John, my father asked John if he had a lawyer and John said yes. My father asked for him lawyers name and John wanted to know why and my father told him that he would like to have our lawyer call his lawyer and John wouldn't tell him the name of his lawyer or his last name. Thanks to someone on this website I now know that his name is John Kruer, owner/manager of A Solid Gold Sound.

Today, my fahter called the office and talked to Rob and told him that if John didn't call him back by 3pm then he was headed to the court to file suit. After that, my father drove to the address where we had to send the money and it's a p.o. box at The UPS Store. I did a reverse lookup on the phone number that was given to me which is registered to Kruer International Success Seminars in Columbia and Towson, MD, of course no address is provided.

This company has done whatever they could to cover their tracks. Sadly, even if we do find them and take them to court...we probably will never see our wedding video!

If anyone is interested in filing a class action lawsuit, please contact me by using the rebuttal box below. This company must be stopped!!

Melissa

Pasadena, Maryland

Nationwide, U.S.A.

Fax:

We live in Denver and planned for our daughter's wedding in St Paul this past weekend (5/20/06). We contacted A Solid Gold Sound about five months ago and paid $500 for a DJ and a songlist for the reception. We called on Thursday before the wedding and were told that there were no problems. The DJ's showed up at 9pm (three hours late with no playlist and minimal equipment i.e., no microphone).

Thank God we were able to have the restaurant owner pipe in music to the reception area. Obviously signing a contract with this company doesn't matter. We have called them over twenty times since our return but have not received any responses. They are taking advantage of unsuspecting customers and need to be put out of business for the general good of all those attempting to plan a ceremony in good faith! A class action suit might just teach them a good lesson. I'll sign up with you Melissa if you decide to take this to the next level.

Rich

Denver, Colorado

U.S.A.

A Solid Gold Sound - Syncorp Fraud, Unconscionability, Poor Product and Service Delivery ripoff Mayfield Heights Ohio

A Solid Gold Sound - Syncorp

Mayfield Heights Ohio 44124-2048

216-292-6003

March 3, 2006

A Solid Gold Sound Wedding DJ'S-Disc Jockeys & Videography of Cleveland

Mayfield Heights, OH 44124-2048

RE: Wedding Video

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to you in a last effort to amicably resolve the issue of your company not providing timely, accurate or professional videography services which were retained for our wedding taking place on October 2, 2004 at Our Lady of Peace Church in Shaker Heights, OH with additional taping of our reception to be completed at Shaker Heights Country Club.

We have repeatedly attempted to communicate and resolve the issue of being presented with a wedding video of such inferior quality

3ff72d4c, 2008-10-10, 11:45AM CDT

I am going through the same issue with these people. They took money out of my account BEFORE I returned the signed contract. I also paid extra for time I did not use and they promised this was refundable. I have tried to contact them over and over again, and was placed on hold and no manager was ever put on the line. I finally got a call three weeks later saying I needed to be more patient and my check was in the mail. I have YET to recieve my check or an apology. I filed a complaint with the better business bureau, this company has HORRIBLE customer service. I did not even recieve my song book until I had to call and complain. I would love to be added to the class action law suit.

696a8cae, 2008-10-16, 09:21PM CDT

i am not john kruer,but if i was i would take care of these problems.but everyone knows JOHN KRUER OF 998 DUDLEY PIKE,EDGEWOOD,KENTUCKY41017 IS A SCUMBAG!!!!SEE YA SOON.

e4cee236, 2008-10-21, 07:40PM CDT

You can also count me in if anyone plans on filing a class action suit. John himself promised to take care of my DJ personally. It was a day before the wedding and still no DJ. The day before the most important day of my life, I had no music. I had a mere few hours to find a dj, all of which were booked.

I called and called and was hung up on and promised call backs. He promised a full refund and it has been 2 months since my wedding and no refund. We are now taking the steps necessary to go to small claims court.

7114a268, 2008-10-31, 10:40AM CDT

We are looking for a way to sue this bastard!!! Anyone else want to see about getting a class action suit? Anyone know a lawyer who would do it?

email: [email protected]

Thanks!!!

533ed406, 2008-10-31, 11:10AM CDT

Yes!!! Lets sue this bastard!!! my email address for this is [email protected] Do you already have a lawyer lined up?

c4d59b1d, 2008-12-05, 04:07PM CST

My name is Karen. My daughter got married 10/18/2008. She paid for A Sensory Sound System to DJ her wedding. Wanting everything financial out of the way, she paid in full. Well a wedding withOUT a DJ was our reality that day! They took my daughters hard earned $$ and then didnt shower to play her wedding!

I would LOVE to be involved in a class action suit against John Kruer/A Sensory Sound System.

Here it is six weeks after my daughters wedding and no one has even bothered to try to get in touch with her to apologize or gee, give her $ back!

Please contact me [email protected] I am very interested in seeing that another brides wedding isnt ruined by this group of thieves.

b1e0a668, 2009-02-03, 04:36PM CST

I am having difficulty with Solid Gold Sound as well. I was forced to hire an inadequate DJ 2 days before my wedding, as the Solid Gold DJ never called. I filed a complaint, and a cancellation request Oct 2008. I called and left message after message. I finally got someone to give me an email, and I sent several emails. It wasn't until I said that I had contacted my attorney, that someone emailed me back, and told me my check would arrive soon. That was 7 weeks ago. Now, I can not get a response. The phone number I have goes straight to a voice message, but you cannot leave a message. I have also recently found out, that the company has a new owner, but they bought the company Liability Free. I am not going to waste my time with the BBB (although they are a great company), I just don't think it will do any good. I am going straight to my attorney.

I don't know if anyone has actually been able to acquire a class action lawsuit, I would gladly join. I would also like to know if the earlier complaints where ever solved.

Michelle M

Minneapolis, MN

10650435, 2009-02-19, 04:31PM CST

Well. John Kruer strikes again. This time the company is called "A Senory Sound" and claimed to be out of Bryn Mawr PA. Our wedding was exactly four months ago yesterday (10-18-08). Phone calls, emails, contracts, records of calls.....we have/are doing it all too. We are visiting our local district justice and filing a criminal complaint. Not sure if any of the local news feel like covering this, but if anyone in S.E. Pennsylvania is going through this...please let us know!!!

b1e0a668, 2009-06-16, 04:59PM CDT

I had previously made a comment on here about this company. My problem has still yet to be resolved. I went to small claims court in May 2009, and was granted the judgment against them.

I had done everything in my power to get the court date to John. The morning of court date, he called to tell me he was not going to be there, and that if I canceled, he would work something out with me so I would get something in return. He tried to give me this sob story about how he lost his company because of a partner, but at this point, I don't care. My lawyer explained to me that because he owned the company during my event, he is liable to me for my refund, as well as anyone else who has canceled before Dec 2009. The judge confirmed this when he gave me the judgment. However, we are still having issues with getting our money back. I now have to go back to court and see what can be done about forcing this guy to repay me.

I have talked to my lawyer, and he has been more hands off, do to the fact that he is legally bound to the state of MN. He said that he is not, by law, allowed to right a demand letter, or do anything pertaining to this guy outside of giving me advice because he lives in a different state. So, I either have to get a lawyer in KY, or do this on my own.

My heart goes out to all of you! This is extremely frustrating. I plan to continue on with this. There should be no reason he should be able to get away with this. My suggestion to you? You don't need a lawyer to file a claim in small claims court against him. It is a $55 fee (at least in MN), which you can get back from John, you just add it to what you are seeking from him. My suggestion, is to list him personally on the complaint. John Kruer, not A Solid Gold Sound. He is more likely to respond. He thinks he is not liable if you sue the company.

I have no idea how to start a class action lawsuit, and I am not 100% sure it would work.

I suggest you all go to small claims court. The judgment will get put on his credit, and will hurt him if he does not pay. I think that if everyone tries this, then we may be able to get something out if it.

It amazes me that he has a lawyer, but the lawyer is an idiot for telling him he is not liable. He owned the company, he s liable, despite whether or not he sold it.

I do not know if this helps anyone. I hope it does. I will keep you posted at each step of the way.

f794965e, 2009-09-21, 09:37PM CDT

You can accomplish a LOT in getting A Solid Gold Sound shut down.

File a formal complaint with the Attorney General's office in your state.

There are several states where they are no longer allowed to operate.

I'm sorry for your bad experiences.

f794965e, 2009-09-21, 09:39PM CDT

You can accomplish a LOT in getting A Solid Gold Sound shut down.

File a formal complaint with the Attorney General's office in your state.

There are several states where they are no longer allowed to operate.

I'm sorry for your bad experiences.

b2fce5d8, 2009-09-27, 09:28AM CDT

And that, people, is why you HAVE to really research the DJ company you are using and budget AT LEAST $1,200 for a professional, experienced DJ firm or company. When you spend $500 on a DJ, what do you expect will happen?

If you are planning on spending less than $1,000 on a professional DJ for your wedding or other function, these things happen!!

9d00e816, 2010-01-13, 10:25PM CST

Unfortunately I have the same story as most of you on here. I booked a videographer for my wedding August 14, 2009 through A Solid Gold Sound (a company that is scamming brides and grooms nation wide). The videographer showed up at the wedding and videotaped as planned. However it has now been 5 months and I still have no videos. Every time I call, I am put on hold for 15+ minutes and then told I will receive a call back. They never call back and have disconnected and changed their phone number approximately 3-4 times in the past 3 months. In addition, half or more of the phone numbers on their website are bogus - ring busy or contact random businesses. Employees at the company will not give you their last names (Jeremy, Glenn, David, JD, Ryan). Jeremy is extremely rude stating to my mother that he "did not care if customers were pissed off." Most recently when asking to speak with Jeremy - my Mom was told "he was no longer with the company." I have repeatedly asked for my videos from the wedding which I paid for in full several months before the wedding - using check and credit card by phone methods. I was told videos would arrive 10-12 weeks after the wedding. At Thanksgiving 2009 when I was able to speak with Jeremy I was told I would have my videos within 2-3 weeks. Here we are 5 months out, no videos, and when my Mom was finally able to get through to the company (they only called her back because they got confused and thought she wanted to book an upcoming event with them) they told her they had no idea how long it would take. Now - I have the actual videographer, calling my cell phone informing me that A Solid Gold Sound never paid him for his services (luckily he told me he did keep a copy of my wedding videos) but due to him not being compensated by A Solid Gold Sound he stated he will not release the unedited video footage of the wedding to me unless I pay his wages and for copies of the videos! I got the contact information for John Kruer "owner of A Solid Gold Sound" by typing in one of the many phone numbers I have found for the company and am hopeful that someone can PLEASE HELP ME! At the very least I want to get the word out there and spread awareness to brides and grooms to be smart - do their research or it is highly likely as evidence by all the complaints that they will be out money and heartbroken. The fact that I can never get my wedding day back and recreate those prescious memories that I paid to be captured on video makes me extremely distraught. Emotional distress is an understatement in this case. I am just hoping someone can help me spread the word about this "company" that takes your money and does not provide the product promised.

Has anyone had any luck? Has anyone filed a lawsuit? Please contact me as I would like to be a part in this too as I have also been scammed.

c6c7e233, 2010-03-11, 10:23AM CST

I am a DJ that was hired by a client through A Solid Gold Sound. The client paid for my services but ASGS keot the money and has not paid me. Unfortunately now I have to go back to the client and may have to take them to court to get my money. I am sorry to have to do this to a client but in the end the client is responsible for making sure the vndors are paid. Simple advice: DO NOT USE A SOLID GOLD SOUND !!!