Lowe's GE Money Bank , Bad Service

Posted on Friday, December 15th, 2006 at 4:23pm CST by 6dd5cedf

Company: Lowe's GE Money Bank , Bad Service

I applied for a Lowe's consumer credit card recently to finance a purchase of a flooring project. I was interested in taking advantage of the 0% interest for 12 months of course. GE Money Bank is the bank that does the consumer financing for Lowe's. However, after applying online I received an error code and it told me to call customer service. So I did and then when I got a hold of a representative they researched it and said it was declined due to a phone number mismatch that apparently was on my credit report. I was advised to reapply again. I was confused. I asked why can't I furnish this information over the phone to verify my identity or send me a letter and then call. The representative was very confused and then tried to get some resolution from a supervisor. That did not work. So I did what they recommended and used a different phone number. Well, same thing again. I was extremely frustrated at this point. I called Lowe's credit services again. Well this time the agent hung up on me and I had to call back. Still the same run around. I did manage to speak to a supervisor at last and he was just as rude and gave me this attitude and questioned my actions. Do you believe I received a letter stating that the denial was for past due or public records showing on my report! I have a high credit score and the only thing that would have appeared was a paid collection for $50.00 , which was paid for 3 years now! Unbelievable, I would not recommend GE Money Bank for anyone. And to add insult to injury, they usually give you this ridiculously small credit line to start with, so I am told. After this issue, I applied at Home Depot (Citibank) and was approved for a $7500.00 credit line. I do admit I like Lowe's better than Home Depot. But the company they chose for financing is horrible!

Denver, CO

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.

dab8fe9f, 2008-11-03, 05:54PM CST

I agree, time to show the company what happens when they drive their best customer base away. They lost me too.

4591c38a, 2011-01-25, 05:15PM CST