Lowe's GE Money Bank , Bad Service

Posted on Friday, December 15th, 2006 at 4:23pm CST by 6dd5cedf

Company: Lowe's GE Money Bank , Bad Service

I applied for a Lowe's consumer credit card recently to finance a purchase of a flooring project. I was interested in taking advantage of the 0% interest for 12 months of course. GE Money Bank is the bank that does the consumer financing for Lowe's. However, after applying online I received an error code and it told me to call customer service. So I did and then when I got a hold of a representative they researched it and said it was declined due to a phone number mismatch that apparently was on my credit report. I was advised to reapply again. I was confused. I asked why can't I furnish this information over the phone to verify my identity or send me a letter and then call. The representative was very confused and then tried to get some resolution from a supervisor. That did not work. So I did what they recommended and used a different phone number. Well, same thing again. I was extremely frustrated at this point. I called Lowe's credit services again. Well this time the agent hung up on me and I had to call back. Still the same run around. I did manage to speak to a supervisor at last and he was just as rude and gave me this attitude and questioned my actions. Do you believe I received a letter stating that the denial was for past due or public records showing on my report! I have a high credit score and the only thing that would have appeared was a paid collection for $50.00 , which was paid for 3 years now! Unbelievable, I would not recommend GE Money Bank for anyone. And to add insult to injury, they usually give you this ridiculously small credit line to start with, so I am told. After this issue, I applied at Home Depot (Citibank) and was approved for a $7500.00 credit line. I do admit I like Lowe's better than Home Depot. But the company they chose for financing is horrible!

Doug

Denver, CO

_____

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.

dab8fe9f, 2008-11-03, 05:54PM CST

I agree, time to show the company what happens when they drive their best customer base away. They lost me too.

4591c38a, 2011-01-25, 05:15PM CST