Re: Marriot Hotel

Posted on Tuesday, August 8th, 2006 at 3:13pm CDT by 84cc8cf0

Company: Re: Marriot Hotel

That's okay then, just use this text.

I had reserved 2 rooms for a Friday and Saturday night at the Spring Hill Suites Marriot in Devens, MA. I called the central reservation number to cancel my first night but keep the second night. The reservation specialist told me it was all set and I did not need any sort of confirmation number. I get to the hotel and they inform me that I have been charged for the previous night and the Saturday night reservation was canceled because I had not checked in. OK, innocent mistake I figure..we can clear it up. No! I am basically told that there is no way I could have made the call and the charge will remain for that night. I FAX my complaint to the hotel the next day and they do not call me back, but after I put in a call and leave a message with the assistant general manager, I got a response via email (still no call) saying that I have been credited back the money but if I want more details about the problem I have to go through central reservations. So I call reservations/customer service and they don't understand the problem (because she would not listen carefully..seemed to be in a rush) so she calls the hotel to try to figure out what the problem is. When she gets back on the phone she sounds peturbed and says I have been credited the $185 already. I ask if they have a record of my phone call to cancel and she says no. I ask her to look in their phone records to check for a call received from my phone number on the morning I called to cancel (they had no record of the call in their computer log..apparently the guy messed up somehow). She starts saying that is rude and "WHy should I do that when you are getting your money back". I tell her I do not like being called a liar and want to prove that I made the call! I give up but I will make sure that everyone hears about the way Marriot treats it's guests and I will NEVER deal with them again. They screw up, but nobody apologizes or even admits to it, and I have to fight to get my money back. Poor way to do business!

Attached is a document I faxed to the Spring Hill Suites Hotel in Devens, MA after being treated very poorly. Basically I had reserved 2 rooms for a Friday and Saturday night. I called the central reservation number to cancel my first night but keep the second night. The reservation specialist told me it was all set and I did not need any sort of confirmation number. I get to the hotel and they inform me that I have been charged for the previous night and the Saturday night reservation was canceled because I had not checked in. OK, innocent mistake I figure..we can clear it up. No! I am basically told that there is no way I could have made the call and the charge will remain for that night. I FAX my complaint to the hotel the next day and they do not call me back, but later respond with an email saying that I have to go through central reservations. So I call them and they call the hotel and eventually credit my account but once again I get a "tone" from the customer service person when I ask that they look in their phone records for a call made from my phone number to prove that I made the call (they had no record of the call in their log..apparently the guy messed up somehow). She starts saying that is rude and I tell her I am sick of being called a liar! I give up but I will make sure that everyone hears about the way Marriot treats it's guests and I will NEVER deal with them again. They screw up, but nobody apologizes or even admits to it, and I have to fight to get my money back. Poor way to do business!