Dodge Caravan / DVD does not work

Posted on Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006 at 8:06am CDT by 241b52a0

Company: Dodge Caravan / DVD does not work

Rallye Dodge, Ocala Florida

In December 2005 I purchased a 2006 Dodge Caravan SXT with a single disk DVD player. At the time of purchase I asked if the DVD had headphones and I was told by the salesman, that this package did not have headsets but included a remote control. However, they could be purchased at the parts department.

When I took the car in for an oil change at 3,000 miles I asked the service center ( Rallye) to check out the wireless headset they had in the parts department to see if they worked on the DVD system. I was told that the head phones they had would not work on my DVD. However they would check with Dodge to see if there were special headsets needed. I never heard back from them for a week, so I called the service center back. They informed me that some Dodge vans were equipped with DVD players that were not headphone compatible. And, I had one. When I went to the Sales Manager, I was told that I got what I paid for. The Salesman who sold the van to me was no longer with them and they were not responsible for what he had told me. They did offer to allow me to trade in the van I had and replace it with a new one with a DVD that worked, if I wanted to pay the difference.

My question is this.... Who is responsible for seeing that what I was told by the salesman is made right? Is it the dealer or is it Dodge? Did the dealer or Dodge fail to give the salesman the correct technical information on the DVD in the van? Why would Dodge install Single Disk DVD players in some vans that were not support headphones and Single Disk DVD players in other similar vans that would?

Last, Why did the technical information that was in the van not clearly state that the DVD would not support headphones?