GE Money Bank

Posted on Thursday, August 17th, 2006 at 8:01am CDT by 4ec599b6

Company: GE Money Bank

My wife and I have been trying to straighten out an issue with a loan (Act. # 6019 2107 1113 0717) we have with GE Money Bank since May. I tried calling 870-126-2605, 870-126-2665, 1-866-396-8254 and 1-866-396-8254. I have submitted two hand typed US mailed letters dated July 11, 2006 and August 3, 2006.

WE JUST WANT TO TALK TO A LIVE BREATHING HUMAN AND NOT A RECORDING. PLEASE CALL MY OFFICE PHONE (Generally M-F, 8-5 C.S.T) OR ANYTIME ON MY CELL PHONE. We made an honest mistake and I NEED TO EXPLAIN IT TO SOMEONE AT GE MONEY BANK. We are being charged over $900 interest for that misunderstanding and the interest continues to accrue.

Do you have a number for an administrative person in the CEO's office I can call to discuss? THANKS

4b9334a4, 2008-02-29, 12:43PM CST

This is the first time I have aired this out on the internet because most likely I am just wasting my time but here it goes.

My wife purchased a 18 ct wt diamond ring which blew my mind I told her to return the ring, Whitehall Jewelers would not take the ring back because of the trade up policy (whole other story)

I went to GE and filled a formal dispute as it states on the back of your statement.

Special Rule for Credit Card Purchases

If you have a problem with the quality of property or services that you purchased with a credit card, and you have tried in good faith to correct the problem with the merchant, you may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due on the property or services

The acknowledged my complaint and said that thier policy does not cover Whitehall Jewelers return policy and my complaint is with Whitehall.

A month later another letter comes acknowledging my complaint again, this happened for 3 months every month a statement would come followed by them acknowledging my complaint again, when I called customer service they told me to ignore the statement because they were still inquiring into my cpmplaint.

Thenext month I get a letter from a law office demanding payment in full anf am now waintintg a court date.

014dc939, 2008-11-12, 02:53PM CST

Fairfield, CT

06828-0001

(203) 373-2211

c926f473, 2009-07-01, 10:03AM CDT

I called the number listed in this post because i have found 3 different corporate headquarter addresses so far. I asked where the CEO William H. Cary could be contacted at and was given:

901 Main Ave

Norwalk, CT 06851

Either they are constantly moving their headquarters all over CT or the other info is incorrect.

6cae0351, 2009-10-08, 11:50AM CDT

You are not alone on this problem. I found out that the Chairman of the Board for GE Money Bank is Gerard Ryan and their corporate office is 3135 Easton Tpke, Fairfield, CT 06828-0001. I also found this link helpful as these are the actual people that posted blogs about their problems with GE.

f0862ff4, 2011-01-12, 01:24PM CST

Is there more than one HQ as I found one in Ohio. I, too, need to contact someone outside of customer service, because I set up a payment plan and now the terms have miraculously changed without my knowledge. I need to bring this to a higher authority's attention.

defae1d9, 2011-02-16, 12:18PM CST

I called the 203.373.2211 # and was given 2 numbers to call. 866.519.6450 was the number I called, and was taken seriously, and taken care of immediately, with apologies.

I knew there HAD to be a nice customer service person out there somewhere. Thank you very much

Dani, 2013-01-03, 08:40AM CST

My head is spinning with my failed attempts of trying to receive Headquarter's address. I want to formally complain about customer service and the manager I had spoken to, on two different dates.

In addition to calling (866) 396-8254 (on my statement), I also called (866) 419-4096, and spoke to a human being--I think. She was curt, and told me to call (203) 229-5000. Neither person could give me the address of GE Money Headquarters.

Like many of others, I have also seen three different addresses.

Customer Service is DREADFUL. In December 2012, I was guaranteed that a late fee (legitimate reasons for not paying on time; 8 days late; first time ever late) would be removed from my account. "Ven" assured me (because I specifically asked) that the late fee of 25 dollars will NOT be removed from my balance, and that I would NOT see this amount on my January 2013 bill. He assured me that within 72 hours, my account would be credited. It was not.

This morning, after speaking to a so-called Account Manager (Gale), I was told that the information from Ven was incorrect (policy blah), that the conversation would be reviewed and internally investigated. Hogwash. I must pay the late fee in addition to the monthly minimum due.

I will write to the Orlando, Florida, address on the back of my statement*. Supposedly, if a customer writes about an error within 60 days, he/she is not required to pay the amount in question. Probably more hogwash.

(*) GE Capital Retail Bank -- Billing Inquiries -- PO Box 965035 -- Orlando, FL 32896-5035

dani (i live in FL)