Complaint about Tracfone Wireless

Posted on Friday, April 14th, 2006 at 3:32pm CDT by 5c32e432

Company: Complaint about Tracfone Wireless

Hi. I don't know if you can help me. I have had an ongoing problem with

Tracfone Wireless. I have been 6 weeks trying to get a phone activated

that I purchased. After 5 weeks and countless false promises, they told

me I needed a new sim card. Was told it would arrive Monday. It did

not. Have tried ever since to get a tracking number or a reason it was

not sent. Numerous emails and support tickets and not one reason. It

has been this way the whole way through. I have countless emails to back

up my complaints.

I tried the BBB, but they have been almost as bad in my opinion. I opened a case with them and they closed in after 3

days saying it was presumed resolved or something like that. I have

that saved as well. I opened a new case but cannot get one response from

them on it. It appears from their website that they have no unresolved

complaints. That is simply not true. Where does a consumer turn who

has been ripped off and disrespected? Not once in 6 weeks has tracfone

offered to give me a new phone. It is a $20 phone. I have a couple

hundred dollars in minutes so it is more than $20 to me, not to mention

the principle of the matter. I am so irritated I cannot even believe it.

I filed complaints with the Attorney General's Office as well as the

FTC and received thank you letters. Who knows if a person even read the

complaints and it is doubtful they will spend resourses on one persons

complaint. Can they get away with ripping off and treating a consumer

like this? I have documentation throughout this ordeal, although they

never really say what they are doing in their replies. They ask me to

call and then they don't do what they say. Even so, I think my email

records make a pretty good case. That is, if there is anyone out there

who will do anything about it. Apparently Tracfone does not think there

is. They seem to know what they can get away with.

Thanks,

Gene

8f2da07d, 2008-05-27, 08:19PM CDT

YES, you can help yourself. Go online in your local county of residence and get yourself a ready made form and fill the blanks for the Justice Court. Look under your county name and small claims court in the search engine.

Now it only cost a small fee to do this. File the complaint and sue them for your money back plus costs of filing the complaint along with other counts that you can find. you will get their attention. If you don't know their Agent of Service for being served papers by the court, call you state Secretary's Office and give them the name of the company and they will get you the name and address of their agent. This is the person that you name in your suit as Agent of Service under the Defendant's name and address. This is required. You can do your own research and find the laws that they have broken and used them against them. People don't get mad, have heartburn like I use to do, TAKE'EM TO COURT".

5c32e432, 2008-12-17, 10:15PM CST

***the phone and $60.00 in cards.

i ask to talk to a supervisor,they connect me to another worker.

why can't they just send me a new phone.***

To whoever emailed me. Not long after I filed a complaint with the Attorney General's Office and FTC Tracfone miraculously figured out that they had sent me a phone that was incompatible with my area. I believe it was the Attorney General's Office that contacted them.

The taking them to court option might be the most gratifying if you have the time and inclination to do it. Don't give up.

8f2da07d, 2009-01-27, 02:39PM CST

here is a copy of their warranty from their (Tracfone's) website

"LIMITATIONS OF SERVICE AND USE OF EQUIPMENT. Service is subject to transmission limitations caused by certain equipment and compatibility issues, atmospheric, topographical and other conditions. Further, Service may be temporarily refused, limited, interrupted or curtailed due to system capacity limitations, technology migration or limitations imposed by the Carrier, or because of equipment modifications, upgrades, repairs or relocations or other similar activities necessary or proper for the operation or improvement of the Carrier???s radio telephone system. At any time, TracFone Wireless reserves the right to substitute and/or replace any TracFone equipment (including handsets) with other TracFone equipment including handsets of comparable quality. Some functions and features referenced in the Manufacturer???s manual provided with your TRACFONE handset may not be available on your TRACFONE. TracFone Wireless does not warrant or guarantee availability of network or of any Services at any specific time or geographic location or that the Services will be provided without interruption. Neither TracFone Wireless, nor any Carrier, shall have any liability for Service failures, outages or limitations of Service. Because of the risk of being struck by lightning, you should not use your TRACFONE outside during a lightning storm. You should also unplug the TRACFONE power cord and charger to avoid electrical shock and/or fire during a lightning storm

WARRANTY. A new TRACFONE is covered by the handset manufacturer's one year limited warranty. A reconditioned TRACFONE handset also has a one year warranty provided by TRACFONE and all TRACFONE accessories have a 90-day warranty against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use by the purchaser. You may obtain warranty service directly from TracFone Wireless.

HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE. To obtain warranty service from TracFone Wireless on a new or reconditioned phone or TRACFONE accessories, please contact Technical Support at 1-800-867-7183. If your problem cannot be remedied over the phone, our TRACFONE technicians will provide you with a Return Authorization Number, which you will use to send your phone or accessories to the designated TRACFONE service center for repair or replacement, at TRACFONE's option.

EXCLUSIONS AND CONDITIONS. This limited warranty does not cover damage or failure caused by abuse or misuse of the phone or TRACFONE accessories. TracFone Wireless does not provide refunds."

Now, did you contact their repair service depart for a shipping number, why not? also, as far as the arbritration law goes, Tracfone can not take away you right to trial by jury or can you give away your own rights to a trial by jury. You need to know what the Fl. laws on this kind of product and also, as far as their terms and conditions that I read on their website you have not completed the contract with them in as much as you have never been able to use or activate the phone in order to make the contract legal or complete the contract. There is no completion of contract, do you think, if you have not been able to ever use their services? I believe that I would take my chances with the judge but also, you will have had to at least try to get the phone replaced or repaired and it sounds as if you did but did you call the service department for a shipping number to send the phone in? That is what their terms and conditions states that you must first do. You certainly have suffered a loss here. Look up Florida's law about arbritration concerning Product liability. I would think that the judge is going to rule in your favor on the arbritration part of this. Don't let them scare you out of court.

catherine f., 2014-04-01, 07:39AM CDT

I have a Tracphone in Sept. I had to receive a replacement phone. My free minutes has not been added to my phone automatically since than. I have had to call each month bother my neighbors using their phone to call. Each month I finally get my minutes and this month they tell me that I will have to wait for 72 hours because they cannot to my minutes like that.