Cleaners Depot - $1.99 Cleaners

Posted on Thursday, April 13th, 2006 at 5:46pm CDT by c1fe43d8

Company: Cleaners Depot - $1.99 Cleaners

Cleaners Depot - $1.99 Cleaners; Store Location: 4800 blk of North Broadway St, Chicago, IL

Headquarters Location: Cleaners Depot, 104 W. Chestnut St #300, Hinsdale, IL 60521

My dispute and grievance with this company involves the way they chose to handle a NSF check under ten dollars which was turned over to the State Attorney's Office for non-payment. After receiving and ignoring a letter from the company and unaware of the seriousness of the matter, I accept responsiblity for the negligent oversight of not responding in a timely manner to rectify the situation. After reviewing the letter from the State's Attorneys Office which demanded a payment of over two hundred dollars as restitution or face criminal prosecution, I returned to the store to offer payment for the check plus fees and was told they could not accept payment. Afterwards, I returned home and contacted the company's corporate offices in an effort to resolve the NSF check and was told it was too late by a Manager named Jim.

I consider this to be extortion by the State's Attorneys Office and a gross exaggeration on behalf of this company for refusing to accept payment and diffusing the situation. Instead, they chose to make a minor thing, a major thing at my expense. As a result they have lost a customer/customers as I will certainly pass along my story to any and everyone I know and suggest they do not do business with Cleaners Depot.